COVID-19 Stuff

Carry on with the political ranting, mud slinging, name calling, and insults, or close the thread.

• Leave it open

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Close the thread

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
I'm sure they were mushroom hunting and quarteening for 14 days.
They are going to make some " special tea " from the mushrooms & forget all about life's little problems for awhile . Those you find growing in horse poop supposedly have a LSD type effect.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Been picking Morrels for the last couple days here. I have about a 5 gallon bucket full. One thing about 'shrooms', you'd better know what is edible and what isn't.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
You got any of these "magic" mushrooms up there?
Probably as they have legalized recreational pot in Michigan so I assume they sell that stuff too. I say assume because I don't use that stuff.

I like sliced Morrels browned in butter on my steak or burgers.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
Probably as they have legalized recreational pot in Michigan so I assume they sell that stuff too. I say assume because I don't use that stuff.

I like sliced Morrels browned in butter on my steak or burgers.
Most of the hippies here get stoned and ride around looking for 'Chaga' mushrooms. A big black cow shit looking thing that grows on the side of a birch tree. Sometimes up 10' or 15' , then they have to get creative to get it down. One hippy told me they found a giant one growing up in Rangeley Maine on a birch tree way up. So they walked back to the truck and got the shotgun and shells and kept shooting between the tree and mushroom. Finally they shot it off. They sell it for curing cancer, wrinkles, stress, pain relief, the list is endless. This same hippy was at a farmers market and wasn't licensed by the state to sell mushrooms but was to sell his other stuff, maple syrup and food stuff, the inspector told him pull the mushrooms off the table and pack it up. lol.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Some Mainers do have strange ideas. My best friend is a Mainer and I chide him about some of his strange ideas as well as his descriptive terms like 'Dooryard; and Hot Top....lol I knew what the hot top was, but he had to explain 'dooryard' to me. I didn't have a clue about that one.

I see you have a wonderful Governor. She must be sisters to the one we have.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
Hahahaha.....you really do know a Mainer !!! Of course we have Dooryards. Doesn't everyone ??
Our gracious Gov used to be the attorney general for the state under a republican governor. When the Ebola nurse returned from Africa to come back to Maine she was quarantined in New Jersey I believe for a short time. Then released to head to Maine. Our Gov then told her you must quarantine or be locked up. But the liberal attorney general (now our gov) released a press release stating what the governor was doing was illegal mandating the ebola nurse be quarantined.
BUT now shes the governor and HAS the power to say what goes. Lol.
Funny to say the least.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Don't know where Porter, Maine is but my best friend lives in Stockton Springs which is a potato throw from Bangor and close enough to the bay to go fishing. He has been netting Smelt the last few days...

Been growing real Maine taters every year courtesy of him and his wife, my wife and I love Maine potatoes.

if it wasn't for this Covid crap, we were planning on coming up this summer and spending a week, possibly 2 with them. Looks like that is out until next year but I may be going up this fall. I have been playing the Maine Moose lottery right along and have a bunch of preference points. Maybe this year, I'll get lucky.

Your Moose lottery is a cheap date actually.

My friend is a registered Maine trapper and knows all the good hunting spots too.

We either email back and forth every day or he calls me or I call him. I get to hear all bout her and likewise he gets to hear all about our idiot governor I got to hear all about the transmission line fiasco and yesterday he told me that trump was coming to Maine (today) to visit a factory where they make cotton swabs and your governor told him not to come.

We all know he went anyway. Saying no to Trump is like rolling out the red carpet for a visit and I'm sure he drubbed her every chance he got too.

Last edited:

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Paul Lepage (Maines version of Trump) and 2 term governor says hes running again against Mills in '22. The voting system is now rigged here though (ranked choice voting) so not sure if he will win. We will need him to build back our local economy since Mills has single handedly destroyed our tourism industry during covid.

Last edited:

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
From us southern Mainers Stockton Springs is up north and down east. I think that's prime blueberry country too.
I went through there last year going to ride the sunrise trail in Ellsworth. A nice area of Maine but loaded with tourist in summer.
Our governor did tell him to stay home. I see the secert service was in Gilford yesterday getting ready for Trump at the factory. In Guilford there is the Piscataquis river , I've personally seen 3 lb brook trout come out of there several times. A nice fishing spot. One of Ted Williams favorite places to fish.
As far as moose permits. I know two folks who got them and got no moose last year. I went riding on the atv in Greenville two years ago. I saw one small cow feeding beside the rode on the way into town. My girlfriend and I rode 200 miles on the side x side over three days , over the mountians on logging roads and back through the bush miles and miles and miles from any paved (hot top) roads and saw 1 moose track. My opipion is over hunting and the woodticks are killing them. I know of several local moose killed by wood ticks. completely covered and sucking all the blood from them they lay down and just die. Sad.
TV is off this morning so I'm on the computer before work, As I'm all George Floyd'ed out.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
From us southern Mainers Stockton Springs is up north and down east. I think that's prime blueberry country too.
I went through there last year going to ride the sunrise trail in Ellsworth. A nice area of Maine but loaded with tourist in summer.
Our governor did tell him to stay home. I see the secert service was in Gilford yesterday getting ready for Trump at the factory. In Guilford there is the Piscataquis river , I've personally seen 3 lb brook trout come out of there several times. A nice fishing spot. One of Ted Williams favorite places to fish.
As far as moose permits. I know two folks who got them and got no moose last year. I went riding on the atv in Greenville two years ago. I saw one small cow feeding beside the rode on the way into town. My girlfriend and I rode 200 miles on the side x side over three days , over the mountians on logging roads and back through the bush miles and miles and miles from any paved (hot top) roads and saw 1 moose track. My opipion is over hunting and the woodticks are killing them. I know of several local moose killed by wood ticks. completely covered and sucking all the blood from them they lay down and just die. Sad.
TV is off this morning so I'm on the computer before work, As I'm all George Floyd'ed out.
My best friend in Stockton Springs is an avid fisherman as well. He's always going up to Northern Maine with his RV (he has a truck camper and so do we) fishing). How we met years ago, truck camping and we have become fast friends. I have the 'Maine' attitude about life but I don't live there. Mainers have a certain attitude about things that I like because I have the same attitude. I follow the Moose and the tick thing as well. We subscribe to the BDN so we get all the gossip. I could come Moose hunting in Maine and not get an animal and be happy anyway. Just spending time with my good friend and his wife is good enough for me.

Had my fill of the Floyd fiasco as well. Appears that in this country we go from one 'crisis' to another.

My wife is on the Bangor Police Department Facebook page, every morning she reads the 'tabloid'.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
Hey, people! I'm thinking about selling my old tractor and buy new one. But I have concerns about it. Maybe right now is not the best time? I mean, all this Covid stuff affects market and etc. Maybe I should wait? Or not?

For me I see it as the stability of your finances or job. I want to buy a new truck but my girlfriend 'kinda' throws cold water on me. "the virus, millions out of work" ...ect ect. So.
I'm still cautiously looking. But I work a lot and I own everything I have. So debt is not an issue. I'm self employed and always have a backlog of work. The virus has cost me $12,000. or so in orders. But God always takes care of us right ? He provides what we need. Not what we want. So. I'll see if I buy this year or not.
As far as your tractor. Can you make the payment ? Feel Stable ? The 0% is a great thing. Mine was 0% also.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
WFM, I've got the gut level feeling ViciousKing is a troll. Person has posted on several threads today in a manner that doesn't follow the thought of the thread. Just saying something to be saying something.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Lord love a duck (where did that expression come from?) I can hardly wait until Fox news or Breitbart turns this into a conspiracy :mad: two typically very good journals, Lancet and New England Journal of Medicine may have to retract two papers on hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for Covid because one of those bloody companies that takes all that online data we generate at a Dr's visit and supplied that data to some folks analyzing its effects. And appears to have screwed it up. The basic question was whether or not there was an increased mortality rate due to the well known side effects of hydroxychloroquine when it was used in conjunction with other drugs used to treat covid. The two papers thought there was. The finding that it does is not surprising, and may in fact be correct, but the idea that it was made with crappy methods really chaps my hide. GRRR. Alternatively it is an incredibly successful smear campaign of this small tech company.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-world-health-organization-hydroxychloroquine

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Lord love a duck (where did that expression come from?) I can hardly wait until Fox news or Breitbart turns this into a conspiracy :mad:

....and there goes all your credibility right there.;)

Youve got to work harder at hiding your extreme bias.

If it wasnt for Fox and other conservative outlets exposing fake news we would never get to the bottom of these things

Last edited:

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
For me I see it as the stability of your finances or job. I want to buy a new truck but my girlfriend 'kinda' throws cold water on me. "the virus, millions out of work" ...ect ect. So.
I'm still cautiously looking. But I work a lot and I own everything I have. So debt is not an issue. I'm self employed and always have a backlog of work. The virus has cost me $12,000. or so in orders. But God always takes care of us right ? He provides what we need. Not what we want. So. I'll see if I buy this year or not.
As far as your tractor. Can you make the payment ? Feel Stable ? The 0% is a great thing. Mine was 0% also.
Agree with D2 about the other post, but if you seriously in the market for a new truck the deals will probably be coming. Not sure of your brand of choice and it really doesn’t matter. Ford just started opening back up in the past couple weeks, not sure of gm and dodge but sure they following suit. Deals probably gonna be had in the 3rd and 4th quarter of this year. Just my opinion from my experience in the business.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
M y BIL is a design engineer at Fords and I have a good friend who is a production engineer at Nissan in Farmington, Hills and they both say the same thing. Car and truck sales will suck through the end of the year so deals can an will be available. BIL said to expect layoff's at Fords from over production and no sales. With unemployment hovering around 20% nationwide, 1 in 5 is unemployed so vehicles being a discretionary purchase will be on the back burner.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
Its Ford for me. The dealers have very little stock it seems. A saleswoman called me the other day she said they have one in stock with my options I need, trailer tow package and snow plow prep package. Ford has a few new colors. One being magma red its very pretty. Depending on how the light hits the paint you ask is that black or chocolate or cherry. But the saleswoman said the one they have is in a beautiful 'Lead Foot'..I love a lead foot but for me the color is hidious. So I'm gonna wait. My uncle is in his 80's has a 2014 F150 XLT , loaded with cap, burgundy red, 22,000 miles hes looking to sell. He wants to get a Rav4 that's easier to get into. Its on craigslist should anyone be interested. Its is actually, Like New. Never driven in snow or salt.
But anyway. I'll see what the lot looks like in October. If its loaded up. I'd think sales have been slow. But when you travel around Maine you see more paper plates on cars and trucks then ever. So a lot an't worried about the economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.