I love this place!!! Thank you

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I wanted to say many thanks to the masterminds behind this awesome forum. A few days ago I finally spent some money and had my tractor tire's liquid filled, not bad for 50 bucks. I also was looking over the site and I saw where Vic made a video on how to push snow with a blade. It never dawned on me to put some extra weight on my blade to push that sucker down, WOW what a difference 110 pounds makes. My little B6100 is pushin snow like one of the big boys now! Might try to post some pictures of my over hauled snow rig for everyone to see.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Eric.

Attachments

Last edited:

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Ya Eric it's a great place. No doubt about it. The boys did an outstanding job building the site and it seems to be slowing getting bigger each day. Great to hear your happy with the new improvements to your tractor.

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Thank you for the kind words gents - it is true, myself and Vic are working hard on making the site better. Ultimately a lot of the heavy lifting though comes from you guys - whenever you ask for advice, or give it, or post pictures of your latest creation that helps! So don't count yourself out. :D

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
Thank you for the kind words gents - it is true, myself and Vic are working hard on making the site better. Ultimately a lot of the heavy lifting though comes from you guys - whenever you ask for advice, or give it, or post pictures of your latest creation that helps! So don't count yourself out. :D
Did you guys just change the site so that all of the posts are not marked as read each time the forum is visited? Sometimes I would visit quickly and then come back only to find that all of the posts were dimmed.

I know that everything is "orange" but the orange font for the posts is hard to read with my old eyes. Maybe a "burnt orange" would be easier to see. Just a minor suggestion.

Also, add my "thank you" to the others expressed for providing this site.

Hefty2000

Equipment
ZL2201-A
Jan 31, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
Indeed... a big "domo arigato gozaimashita" (say it to your tractor, she/he will understand the native tongue) to the guys who made/make this site happen to help keep all the "orange" runnin !

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
GWD thanks but I dont think it worked. It's for Windows XP and I have Vista!

On your PC go to your images and right click on a jpeg. In the menu that pops up see if there is "Microsoft Picture Manager". I have never seen a PC without this program. If it's there, left click to open in the Picture Manager and when it does, right click on the opened image and select "Edit Image". From here it's trial and error for cropping/resizing.
First thing though is to make a copy of the original to have as a backup.

Hope this was of some help.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I hate technology! I went old school and cropped a few pics in my album to post on here. Ive tryed numerous attempts to upload and its FAILED! I click on the paperclip button go to upload a pic and it said "Internet Explorer not responding" I'd be pullin my hair out by now but I dont have any left!

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Pictures might help a little more, they always do with me:

1) Right click on the file for first menu and go down to "Open With", hover mouse till the next menu with your desired editing program opens. Hopefully you will see Microsoft Picture Manager.

2) When the image opens right click on the image for the drop menu and click on "Edit Picture".

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I hate technology! I went old school and cropped a few pics in my album to post on here. Ive tryed numerous attempts to upload and its FAILED! I click on the paperclip button go to upload a pic and it said "Internet Explorer not responding" I'd be pullin my hair out by now but I dont have any left!

Eric,
Do you have a free account with photobucket? It's free and you will need an image hosting site that you actually send your pictures to them and then you get the link to bring here. We aren't really posting an image so much as we are adding the link in our post for the web brouser to go to the hosting site and then it will paste the image in the post.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
NOPE your talkin to the only 28 year old who doesnt have texting on his cell phone!

You changed that splined shaft on your 3point (twice :D) so I know you can do this. You're just gonna have to spend a day in the house at the computer getting the hang of it.
For the heck of it, go to anybodies picture on any web site and right click on it, you will get a small menu. On that small menu go to "Properties", it's at the bottom. Click on Properties and a neat window will open that has the address that the image is being stored at. Highlight it and copy/paste it in your brouser address window and hit enter. You will be taken to the location of somebodies image server.
Want to know what a "web site" actually looks like? Move your mouse to the top of your brouser and click on "View". Now scroll down and click on "Source". The complete html of the web site you are viewing will open. Lots of command codes with web address that have links and address for image location on other servers. If you were making a web site and can't figure out how to make a certain function work, well this is how people rip off other peoples codes to do just that. But this is WAY more info than you will need, however it's pretty cool to start peeking around to see how this stuff works.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I can load a picture on a new thread post but I cant seem to ad any pictures to a post I've already made. Must not be standing on my head right or have my tongue stuck out far enough!

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I can load a picture on a new thread post but I cant seem to ad any pictures to a post I've already made. Must not be standing on my head right or have my tongue stuck out far enough!

Hi Eric,
There are actually two ways to get the image on the post. One is as an attachment with the paperclip symbol. This way you are able to upload an image from a location on you PC and also from another website. The second is with the "insert image" symbol, this one is only uploading from another website or image hosting such as photobucket.
If you use the Attachment with the paperclip symbol you may be limited to the size 620 x 280 and that is kinda small. The way most people are putting the very large images up is by using the "Insert Image" that makes the broweser do all the work.

Try this to see if we can get you up to speed. On your desk top right click for a drop down menu. Slide down to "NEW" and when the next menu comes up go over and click on "Folder". You can right click on this and rename it anything you want. Now copy and paste your test picture to this folder for an easy location to find it. Moving on, the Orange Tractor Talk seems to have a limitation of 620 x 280 max size for an image to upload from your PC. Now as mentioned in an earlier post, open your new folder on the desk top and right click on the jpeg or jpg file and open it with Microsoft Picture Manager and resize it down to the limitations of 620 x 280 or smaller.
With that done go back to this thread to make another "Post Reply" or "Quote". Next insert your text then click on the paper clip next to the white smiley face. You will see the window you most likely have seen before. It's important to now click on the "Browse" button and you will make your way to the folder you made on your desk top, open it and then double click the file of the image. It will load with the location on your PC and when it finishes click on "Upload". When it's done close the image loading window and go to the right of your current window you are in and scroll down and you will see the attached image all ready to go. Next just click the "Submit Reply"

If you were to use the option below it then you will need to have the url address that the image is stored on from another website. This can be done by right clicking on any picture you see on any website going to properties and highlight/copy the address. However many forums have rules that frown on that but are ok with linking to sites that specialize in image hosting.

I know you can do this, it may just take a couple of attempts.

Regards,
Scott

Attachments

Last edited: