Reverse Alarm installation (HST)

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
I've been receiving some PM's from "other" web sites asking me how I installed the reverse alarm on my tractor so I figured I would post it here to show you how I did it. When it comes to the wiring that was easy and a wiring diagram do come with the switch it's self.

Considering I use my tractor in public areas I wanted to add to the safety factor I installed a reverse camera with a 7" LCD monitor. I've added LED lights to the top of the cab along with a top of the cab strobe light bar. Strobe lights on the rear of the blower and White strobes on the plow on the FEL. It seems there are people who still don't pay attention with all that stuff on the thing.

Last winter during a Hugh snow storm I was out plowing at 6 AM in the morning. I could hardly see the plow in front of me and as I was backing up on the parking lot I almost ran over a lady walking up the road . Do these people realize that we might not see them in a blinding snow storm?
Anyway I decided then that I would install a reverse beeper on the tractor to try and make it even more safer than I have it now.

My Kubota is a L4240C and as you can see by all the photo's I It wasn't an overly complicated job. The biggest problem I had was finding the right switch for the task. I used a switch made by Truck-light. The part number is 92925. This is one very nicely designed switch. It's water proof. The spring lever will activate the switch in any direction(even side on) and it comes with a small mounting plate that's adjustable. I did make another plate out of some stainless steel flat bar to adapt it to the tractor as seen in the photo's. I also made a stainless steel plate to attach the beeper to and as you can see I placed it on top of the AUX bracket. The HST leaver that goes down through the floor will be the area you'll be installing this switch.

All the connections were soldered, heat shirked and covered with black wire loom. I use peal and stick tabs to stick on the tractor so I can secure the harness with tie raps(love those things) and then ran the main power wire in the cab via the 3rd function wiring and put a 5 amp fuse in the line and went to the fuse panel with it. I also installed a bypass switch when I'm in area's where the alarm wouldn't be needed such as my own driveway.
I also did a short video for your entertainment It works great. If I do run someone over now they can't say they didn't see or hear me Enjoy!

If anyone is having a problem locating these parts. Check with your local truck parts center and I'm sure they will either have them or be able to order them for you. I've tried to include all the part numbers when I snapped the photo's

YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-0x71Ai2n0

Greg

Equipment
B7100 HST-D 4x4 with FEL, PTO and 3 pt hitch
Dec 7, 2009
Putnam County, NY
Nicely done! You better be careful with all of these mods, you're making your tractor too heavy!

As for that alarm, I heard it enough to last a lifetime in your video!:p

Wildfire

Equipment
Nicely done! You better be careful with all of these mods, you're making your tractor too heavy!

As for that alarm, I heard it enough to last a lifetime in your video!:p
That's why I didn't need chains or ballast in the wheels :D I don't mind the alarm. It seems to work better than having lights. No one likes noise ;)

brokersdad

Equipment
2001 Kubota L3010 w FEL
Oct 24, 2009
Canada
Who's tractor did you instal that on :confused: That can't be yours, there's dirt on the foot pedals :D

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
DDDAAMMMNNNN I never thought I would hear Lynard Skynards "Sweet Home Alabama" coming from tractor speakers in Canada!

Wildfire

Equipment
DDDAAMMMNNNN I never thought I would hear Lynard Skynards "Sweet Home Alabama" coming from tractor speakers in Canada!

AND WHY NOT ? There is a HUGH Canadian connection to in that song

"Well I heard mister Young sing about her
Well, I heard ole Neil put her down
Well, I hope Neil Young will remember
A Southern man don't need him around anyhow "

Sorry to have stirred up old wounds. :D Gees. Now I'll be singing that song all day :rolleyes:

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
It's all good brother, I'll slap ya a high 5 on this song. See the north and the south can find common ground LMAO!

Wildfire

Equipment
It's all good brother, I'll slap ya a high 5 on this song. See the north and the south can find common ground LMAO!
All is cool on my end. If I want to fight I just wait til the mother in law comes over :mad:

That sure is some tune though. That's a standard in the tractor, Wing and truck. There's a few more tunes that I love but can't play very often because I tend to have a heavier foot when they come on so I avoid those.

Well looking out the window here and it's pouring rain :( I wish it would snow :)

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
We finally have some snow.I was out for about 4 hrs this morning. It seems I only get to go out about once a week this year. Pritty Boring. Nice job on the beeper. Love the tractor.:cool: Dusty

Kubota Tee

Equipment
L3540-3 with 724 FEL, 7' Taylor Way box blade, custom made pallet forks, 6' gill
Jan 28, 2010
West Michigan
Paul,

You know what they say, imitation is the highest form of flattery. Your work on this project inspired me to install a back up alarm on my new L3540. My wife heard me talking about the back up alarm and asked if I could install one on our tractor, so here are some pics of the work in process of the switch that will control the alarm. Still waiting on some paint to dry on the rear mounting plate for the alarm. Will post the rest of the pictures when it is complete

Attachments

Wildfire

Equipment
Paul,

You know what they say, imitation is the highest form of flattery. Your work on this project inspired me to install a back up alarm on my new L3540. My wife heard me talking about the back up alarm and asked if I could install one on our tractor, so here are some pics of the work in process of the switch that will control the alarm. Still waiting on some paint to dry on the rear mounting plate for the alarm. Will post the rest of the pictures when it is complete
You've done me proud. Looks super good. Hats off to you sir

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
MY GOD we've been hit hard with snow down here in Virginia. Over a foot of snow fell on the weekend and we could be getting up to another foot and a half to damn near 2 feet by this weekend coming up! My poor lil B6100 is struggling. I really wish I had liquid ballast in the tires and a FEL. For some reason convenience stores and public places are having a hard time finding someone to clear the snow. I've head alot of place complain that someone starts to push snow does it half way then ups and leaves!:eek:

Kubota Tee

Equipment
L3540-3 with 724 FEL, 7' Taylor Way box blade, custom made pallet forks, 6' gill
Jan 28, 2010
West Michigan
You've done me proud. Looks super good. Hats off to you sir

I let the alarm bracket paint job dry overnight and got it installed along with the alarm. Also, I finally got the gumption up to put a hole in my dash for the over-ride switch. Decided to put it next to the flasher switch. Was a little surprised to find that part of the dash was metal, but it turned out real nice.

Now I have to figure out how to tap into the fuse panel. May be reaching out to you for some advice on this last step if i can't figure it out.

Thomas (aka Kubota Tee)

Attachments

Wildfire

Equipment
I let the alarm bracket paint job dry overnight and got it installed along with the alarm. Also, I finally got the gumption up to put a hole in my dash for the over-ride switch. Decided to put it next to the flasher switch. Was a little surprised to find that part of the dash was metal, but it turned out real nice.

Now I have to figure out how to tap into the fuse panel. May be reaching out to you for some advice on this last step if i can't figure it out.

Thomas (aka Kubota Tee)
Thomas that's a very nice clean job you've done there. The location is great for the switch. I used that same location for my Rain Tracker switch but I see a problem. :eek:

Where you don't have a Cabbed tractor the switch won't last. Water will get in and it's good no more. You might want to consider a regular toggle switch with the rubber protection boot on it (as seen on the left). Also put some die-electric grease in the boot for added protection. I know You hate me now :D

Wildfire

Equipment
MY GOD we've been hit hard with snow down here in Virginia. Over a foot of snow fell on the weekend and we could be getting up to another foot and a half to damn near 2 feet by this weekend coming up! My poor lil B6100 is struggling. I really wish I had liquid ballast in the tires and a FEL. For some reason convenience stores and public places are having a hard time finding someone to clear the snow. I've head alot of place complain that someone starts to push snow does it half way then ups and leaves!:eek:
Oh man I wish we had that much snow. We got a little last weekend so I got out twice and we're supposed to get more this weekend but so far there's not mush to it. Your going to have to get geared up and start making some coin with that machine.

Kubota Tee

Equipment
Jan 28, 2010
West Michigan
Thomas that's a very nice clean job you've done there. The location is great for the switch. I used that same location for my Rain Tracker switch but I see a problem. :eek:

Where you don't have a Cabbed tractor the switch won't last. Water will get in and it's good no more. You might want to consider a regular toggle switch with the rubber protection boot on it (as seen on the left). Also put some die-electric grease in the boot for added protection. I know You hate me now :D

Paul,

I appreciate your advice and agree with your assessment of the water issue. I will look into the rubber protection boot. As usual, you have been very helpful - even taking a picture to show your recommendation. I am grateful for your continued help.

Speaking of help, I wondering if you could provide some guidance with tapping into the fuse box for drawing power. Do I simply find a wire that activates when the ignition is on and splice into it? Any help would be appreciated.

Thomas (aka Kubota Tee)

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Paul,

I gave this website yo Wildfire and posted it before but check out www.awdirect.com
They have a huge selection of lights and wiring, their business is selling parts and equipment to the towing and wrecker industry but by far they have the biggest selection and best prices I've seen anywhere.

And Wildfire, I've got the rear tires off and in the shop having them liquid filled for ballast as we speak, not bad for 50 bucks. And I've been doing some other fine tuning to get me ready and comfy. I took the seat off and went to our local welding shop and they raised it up 7 inches so my 6ft 4 inch tall self can have some leg room. They are saying we are supposed to get close to 20 inches of snow fall here this weekend so I'm ready to make the dollar bills!

Wildfire

Equipment
Paul,

I appreciate your advice and agree with your assessment of the water issue. I will look into the rubber protection boot. As usual, you have been very helpful - even taking a picture to show your recommendation. I am grateful for your continued help.

Speaking of help, I wondering if you could provide some guidance with tapping into the fuse box for drawing power. Do I simply find a wire that activates when the ignition is on and splice into it? Any help would be appreciated.

Thomas (aka Kubota Tee)

Thomas sorry to have taken so long to respond but for some reason I didn't get any notification via email that someone posted on this thread.

I tapped into my main fuse panel which is down by your left leg. You can purchase a fuse tap (as pictured) and install an inline 15 amp fuel and tap into your panel using the fuel tap.

I don't think you'll find a power source that will cut the power with the key off on the Grand L's and to be honest I just don't remember but you can check that with a test light, Using the fuse tap eliminates the need to actually cut into the tractors wiring. If you can only find a fuel in the fues panel that has power all the time it wouldn't matter because the remote switch that you installed will cut the power when the HST pedal is not used. Hope this helps.

Paul,

I gave this website yo Wildfire and posted it before but check out www.awdirect.com
They have a huge selection of lights and wiring, their business is selling parts and equipment to the towing and wrecker industry but by far they have the biggest selection and best prices I've seen anywhere.

And Wildfire, I've got the rear tires off and in the shop having them liquid filled for ballast as we speak, not bad for 50 bucks. And I've been doing some other fine tuning to get me ready and comfy. I took the seat off and went to our local welding shop and they raised it up 7 inches so my 6ft 4 inch tall self can have some leg room. They are saying we are supposed to get close to 20 inches of snow fall here this weekend so I'm ready to make the dollar bills!
Thanks Eric for the web site link. Great quality on there. Wow your getting a great deal on loading up your wheels and your mods sounds interesting. We're right in the middle of a Hugh storm here today and it's supposed to go on into tomorrow. If we get the snow they're calling for I may do another video. Thanks again for the link. :cool: