What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I got the FIMCO sprayer (purchased from the local Kubota dealer under the General Implement name) hooked up to the MX the other evening and have been going through it to make sure it'll work for a 12 acre spraying job this weekend. The bottom of the plastic housing that holds a coarse filter screen is AWOL so I'll bypass that for now since I don't expect any need to filter water and Roundup.

I don't know how flat the field is but I've figured out that I need to run the tractor at 2,200rpm (450rpm PTO), nozzles at 25psi, have a ground speed of 5mph, and mix around 36oz of Roundup into each 55 gallon tank of water. If all goes well it'll take about 2-1/2 hours to spray the field and I should be able to do it with 110 gallons. If the field is very rough and I can only drive at 2.5mph I'll have to use around 220 gallons of water with 18oz per 55 gallons. Of course, this could all go horribly wrong. :oops:

Reactions: 1 users

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
I got the FIMCO sprayer (purchased from the local Kubota dealer under the General Implement name) hooked up to the MX the other evening and have been going through it to make sure it'll work for a 12 acre spraying job this weekend. The bottom of the plastic housing that holds a coarse filter screen is AWOL so I'll bypass that for now since I don't expect any need to filter water and Roundup.

I don't know how flat the field is but I've figured out that I need to run the tractor at 2,200rpm (450rpm PTO), nozzles at 25psi, have a ground speed of 5mph, and mix around 36oz of Roundup into each 55 gallon tank of water. If all goes well it'll take about 2-1/2 hours to spray the field and I should be able to do it with 110 gallons. If the field is very rough and I can only drive at 2.5mph I'll have to use around 220 gallons of water with 18oz per 55 gallons. Of course, this could all go horribly wrong. :oops:
I suspect there is a certain intimidation factor with choosing, mixing and applying herbicides. Sounds like your covering all your bases and things will work out well for you!

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I suspect there is a certain intimidation factor with choosing, mixing and applying herbicides. Sounds like your covering all your bases and things will work out well for you!
Thanks. The customer chose Roundup and spoke with a local farm store who recommended 6oz per acre to kill cheat grass. My only role in this is to apply 6oz of Roundup per acre to her field and not take too long to do it since she's paying by the hour.

I've been looking at tables and graphs in the literature supplied for the pump and sprayer. It's interesting that the 6 roller Delavan pump is oversized for the sprayer. At 450rpm and 25psi the pump flow rate is 8 gallons/minute. I only need about 1 gallon/minute unless the spray tip rate chart provided is per nozzle! The manual is specifically for the LG-55-3PT-GEN w/7-nozzle boom assembly so surely the tip flow rates are for all seven nozzles. :unsure: Once the sprayer is running I'll attach collection devices under each nozzle and run the sprayer for a minute and see what I get. This should confirm the flow rate.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
First mow of the year. Started out with a traffic jam but it picked up. Deck did good and temp stayed nice and cool. Time for an adult beverage.

Attachments

Reactions: 8 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey

My neighbor had woods behind his backyard fence line. The tree company took down trees and ground stumps. The ground was just a big mess of ruts, and forest floor.

We got to talking, and he asked me if I could spread some dirt if he got a few truck loads. I said no problem, but let me swing by and see if we can get it ready for the dirt first.

I used the box blade to rip the ground a bit. Then went through with the tiller, and finally with the rake. It's not golf course, but for behind the backyard fence & no material added...

He canceled his dirt delivery and is just going to seed
1 ½ year update on this project ^^^...
Was woods, ZERO material added, literally took down trees, ground stumps, I ran the box blade over it, tilled, and raked... owner spread seed and left it.

This is how it looks after 18 months. It's not perfect, there are thin spots where the really big trees were, it's not perfectly level, but for a project that literally only took seat time and some seed... from the backyard inside the fence line, it looks like lawn now.

After taking this photo, I went back to the front of the property and removed the wood chips I just spread last week, where the woods were :rolleyes: , then spread 20 yards of topsoil there... no fill, no leveling, just quick and rough.

after that, cleared a path with box blade, and spread 20 tons of ¾" to make a side driveway that looped into main driveway.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
First mow of the year. Started out with a traffic jam but it picked up. Deck did good and temp stayed nice and cool. Time for an adult beverage.
Imma have to find some of that Mad Tree. Always looking for something refreshing. My norm is IPA but that is not the ticket after a long hot dirty day. And I'm not into the Truly/ White Claw thing.

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
Thanks. The customer chose Roundup and spoke with a local farm store who recommended 6oz per acre to kill cheat grass. My only role in this is to apply 6oz of Roundup per acre to her field and not take too long to do it since she's paying by the hour.

I've been looking at tables and graphs in the literature supplied for the pump and sprayer. It's interesting that the 6 roller Delavan pump is oversized for the sprayer. At 450rpm and 25psi the pump flow rate is 8 gallons/minute. I only need about 1 gallon/minute unless the spray tip rate chart provided is per nozzle! The manual is specifically for the LG-55-3PT-GEN w/7-nozzle boom assembly so surely the tip flow rates are for all seven nozzles. :unsure: Once the sprayer is running I'll attach collection devices under each nozzle and run the sprayer for a minute and see what I get. This should confirm the flow rate.
How do you plan to maintain proper coverage? Will you use dribble foam, fluid dye, or tire tracks & a trained eye?

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Lx2610 Cab, Fel, Backhoe, Grapple, Box Grader, Forks
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
Was woods, ZERO material added, literally took down trees, ground stumps, I ran the box blade over it, tilled, and raked... owner spread seed and left it.

This is how it looks after 18 months. It's not perfect, there are thin spots where the really big trees were, it's not perfectly level, but for a project that literally only took seat time and some seed... from the backyard inside the fence line, it looks like lawn now.

After taking this photo, I went back to the front of the property and removed the wood chips I just spread last week, where the woods were :rolleyes: , then spread 20 yards of topsoil there... no fill, no leveling, just quick and rough.

after that, cleared a path with box blade, and spread 20 tons of ¾" to make a side driveway that looped into main driveway.

Looking good! I moved Some rocks today too

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
How do you plan to maintain proper coverage? Will you use dribble foam, fluid dye, or tire tracks & a trained eye?
If you use dye just be sure to wear disposable gloves and have a good place to set the bottle down (not on the concrete). The dye will be strong and it will stay whereever it gets to. But it only lasts for about a week or two.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada

Nice to see before and after pictures. What was the reason for the short lived woodchips out front?

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Nice to see before and after pictures. What was the reason for the short lived woodchips out front?
That area was also all woods previously, he told me he would prefer it green, even if not perfect. I suggested fill to level it, then topsoil, but he didn't want to. I liked the wood chips, even though they are my least favorite material to spread.

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Tire tracks and decent spacial awareness ... :unsure:.

I've been sorting through the sprayer getting it ready and had to dismantle the rotary pump since it appeared to be seized up. After going through it everything is fine. I'll pick up new 3/4" hoses tomorrow since the current ones aren't long enough to reach the pump when it's on the MX. There's always something. I'll probably make up a bracket to secure the pump to the draw bar to prevent rotation. The chain method always seemed hokey to me.

rotary_pump.jpg

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Ordered a snow pusher for next winter. Looks like around september to get it in.
Are you getting an HLA model? I've wondered if a snow pusher is in my future, for the M6060. The MX is well set up with a front hydraulic snow blade and rear snow blower but the M just has the bucket.

hoot owl

Equipment
L2501 with loader and backhoe
Nov 13, 2022
Yesterday I removed a tree stump with my BH and several ton of dirt from a location in front of our church.
The water would get 6" deep on the floor level glass during a heavy rain.

Today I went back with my bush hog and reclaimed part of the over grown outfield, the rest has to have some 6" trees removed before mowing. Then I went to 2 other locations and bush hogged about a 1/4 acre at each around my bee hives.