What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Imma have to find some of that Mad Tree. Always looking for something refreshing. My norm is IPA but that is not the ticket after a long hot dirty day. And I'm not into the Truly/ White Claw thing.
It was refreshing. If you have trouble finding different styles in your area, see if Tavour will deliver where you live. They have an app and make it way too easy to order and fill up a box. They get some pretty unique brews on their site. As the temps warm, I go from the dark beers to the Saison and sours. Nice and refreshing. That being said, I still enjoy a Yeungling or a Rolling Rock every once in a while.

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Are you getting an HLA model? I've wondered if a snow pusher is in my future, for the M6060. The MX is well set up with a front hydraulic snow blade and rear snow blower but the M just has the bucket.
Ordered the SPL0548 which is the 48 inch pusher. Don't think I will have any issues since my bucket seemed to push it fine on last storm. Just got the tractor the day before the last storm hit. Was going with a blade but the pusher won't dig up my driveway as much as a blade does.

Reactions: 1 users

papajoe

Equipment
L3901DT Shuttle (2017), B6100E (1978), B6100E (1979), B6100HST-E (1985), RTV500
Dec 26, 2017
Oak Grove, La.
I made my first repair to my L3901DT yesterday. Ignition switch failed at 875 hours. Found one in stock about a hundred miles away. Had a friend going that way, so by evening had a new switch in hand. Less than ten minutes to install and good as new. I was somewhat shocked by the cost of the switch, but, I'm shocked by the cost of most everything now a days. Now I can get back to planting.

Reactions: 2 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
It was refreshing. If you have trouble finding different styles in your area, see if Tavour will deliver where you live. They have an app and make it way too easy to order and fill up a box. They get some pretty unique brews on their site. As the temps warm, I go from the dark beers to the Saison and sours. Nice and refreshing. That being said, I still enjoy a Yeungling or a Rolling Rock every once in a while.
I will certainly look into delivery! There are a couple places around here that carry random stuff from around the country. They may indeed have it, or be able to get it.

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
Winter is over in the Northeast Kingdom ??

It appears to be ??? No frost for 4 nights and 80 degrees here today. Close to that the next couple days. Not much snow left at all. Up closer to the border than here (St J area) there is even less snow. The roads and woods are all mud or wet so no more plowing or cutting wood no mater what happens. So I took them off.

gg

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Tried out the new backblade. I think I'm kind of liking the side shields as you don't seem to get as much spillage on the low side until the blade is completely full?

New Backblade

Reactions: 3 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Tried out the new backblade. I think I'm kind of liking the side shields as you don't seem to get as much spillage on the low side until the blade is completely full?

New Backblade
Looks like it does nice job, guessing it wasn't cheap.

Daylight

Equipment
BX231, Ortolan T10
Feb 25, 2021
Apologies for this late reply... Neither the filters themselves nor the boxes they come in show any country of origin. They are original Kubota though: I got them from the dealer, and all filter openings are sealed with plastic foil, something I've never seen on cheap stuff.

Let us know where your filters were made.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I've been getting the sprayer ready for this weekend but once again I'm being bitten by incompetent designers, engineers, product managers, purchasers or whoever makes/made the decisions at FIMCO. The fancy chart in the Delavan pump manual shows pump output at various rpm, and at 450 rpm it's 8.0 gallons per minute (gpm). Running the tractor at 2,200 rpm turns the pto at about 450 rpm and in M range I have a top speed of about 6.5 mph. All is good .... NOT!!!

The sprayer manual specifically states that the nozzles need to operate at 20~30psi for best performance, but even with the pressure adjustment valve backed out all the way, and pto running at 450rpm, the pressure is 80psi. That's way above the optimal pressure of 20~30 psi, and at 80 psi the sprayer is putting out 1.81 gpm. I measured this by collecting water from one nozzle for one minute and weighing it. At 25 psi the sprayer should be putting out 0.9 gpm. This is messed up!

I called FIMCO this morning and admittedly the second person I spoke with was very knowledgeable and helpful. He listened to my explanation of what I was seeing, and then asked me the size of the return hose from the valve body to the tank. I told him that it's 3/8" to which he told me "there's your problem, and we don't know why we use such a small return hose". He suggested increasing the hose and fittings to 1/2" or maybe 5/8". The pump is circulating water at a rate of 8.0 gpm, the nozzles are supposed to be putting out 0.9 gpm at 25 psi, so around 7.1 gpm needs to get back to the tank, and that 3/8" hose is too restrictive so the pressure increases. So FIMCO makes and sells a sprayer that in its current form won't work at the pressures they say it should be set to. It never ends!

I removed the blower and snow blade last weekend (I think) but yesterday it was like being inside one of those snow globes! It snowed on and off most of the day.

tank_2.jpg

I did manage to make some progress and upgrade some fittings on the pump and the valve body and run new inlet and outlet hoses. I "upgraded" the pressure gauge too but ideally want to use a fluid filled gauge. After pouring over the pump manual, the manufacturer is against the idea of rigidly mounting the pump to the tractor due to alignment issues. It would put too much stress on the input shaft and bearings so it's back to using the chain to prevent the pump body from rotating.

rotary_pump_2.jpg

tank.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Success! The CS person wasn't thrilled with my idea to use a 3/4" hose on the return line to the tank, but I had a plastic 3/4" NPT to 3/4" hose barb fitting on hand so disconnected the 3/8" return hose, removed the 3/4" NPT to 3/8" hose barb, replaced it with the 3/4" NPT to 3/4" hose barb, installed a short section of hose and ran it back to the tank.

On starting the tractor and PTO (450 rpm) with the valve in the bypass setting the first thing I noticed was that the pressure was around 80 psi whereas with the 3/8" return line the gauge was pegged. The original gauge went up to 400 psi. When I switched the valve to the nozzles the pressure was around 30 psi. I adjusted it to try to get the bouncing needle centered around 25 psi and then measured the output from one nozzle for one minute and I got 0.93 gpm which is perfect!

Now I just need to run the 3/4" hose to the bottom of tank so will need to buy a couple of fittings and maybe some more 3/4" hose.

tank_3.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
Nothing earth shaking but got my battery back in the Z422 (battery was on a trickle all winter and Z was in a shed since Nov ‘22) rode it to the garage and raised it on my MO-jack and got the blades sharpened for the season and scraped under the deck (wasn’t too bad) Ready for summer.
Then I took the snowblower and rear chains off of my BX25D, went around back of the garage where my loader sat all winter and proceeded to put the loader back on…no go as the hydraulic connectors would not seat. Let it rest a couple hours and got 2 connected. Will attempt again after a nice cool night. Should go easy when cold.

Last edited:

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
Landing after a aborted breakfast flight to Afton WY, the light was so flat that on short final I had a hard time seeing where the surface was. I pulled off a good landing however, but having got distracted I too late found I had drifted off to the side on my mountain strip, and it slopes off downhill in that direction. An approaching snow squall gust front (I now realize...) was making even full rudder/full power ineffective for preventing the sideways motion. I got stuck, no damage, just stuck in rotten snow, at a bad angle. Long story short: once I rigged about 350' of misc. rope, binders, old crane rigging, to a bridle on the landing gear, the L3301 pulled it up the hill in 30' snatches. Earlier, a rope comalong, also called a pass thru comalong, proved it's worth once again, MUCH better than a regular type, strongly recommended. In fact, all of my equipment performed as hoped for, including a Warn electric handheld winch, it, the tractor of course, and the comalong kicked butt.

Attachments

Reactions: 4 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Broken/back pitched sewer line repair (sheared off at the foundation) turned into a fiasco after I severed an unused cable.

Start (yuck). Note that only "orange" paint was used to mark the location of utilities near that white spot in the middle of the yard...that comes into play later. gas line crossed our pipe as well. :(

H4-BEC194-3.JPG

broken cable. sad thing is I uncovered it in the morning and knew it was there. Then when digging the main trench, I used the bucket to sweep some shale that had landed on top of the cable and popped it. Called 1 call. they came out and said not to worry about it since it wasn't live. This was at 6:30 pm. Next day at 11 am, local cable company came out to make the repair as we were backfilling the trench? WTH???

H4-BEC194-6.JPG

Now, I was pretty upset in that 1 call DID NOT MARK THE FREAKING MAIN ELECTRIC LINE BENEATH THE CABLES!!!! M'fer. Thank goodness I did not hit that or it may have been lights out fore me. :mad:

I learned a valuable lesson. I wont even try to undermine cables since apparently, 1 call seems to forget about main electric lines. Did I tell you that I was upset?

Here is a better shot of what we were dealing with. Yes, that is the sewer line that we needed to replace under everything else. That 3 cable twisted line is the main met ed power!

H4-BEC194-10.JPG

Back to piping

H4-BEC194-11.JPG

Yes, that is the gas line with tracer wire.

H4-BEC194-13.JPG

H4-BEC194-14.JPG

Came back in the evening to haul out excess dirt after putting 3 yards of modified in the ditch. Done

On to the next one.

H4-BEC194-18.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: 13 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Landing after a aborted breakfast flight to Afton WY, the light was so flat that on short final I had a hard time seeing where the surface was. I pulled off a good landing however, but having got distracted I too late found I had drifted off to the side on my mountain strip, and it slopes off downhill in that direction. An approaching snow squall gust front (I now realize...) was making even full rudder/full power ineffective for preventing the sideways motion. I got stuck, no damage, just stuck in rotten snow, at a bad angle. Long story short: once I rigged about 350' of misc. rope, binders, old crane rigging, to a bridle on the landing gear, the L3301 pulled it up the hill in 30' snatches. Earlier, a rope comalong, also called a pass thru comalong, proved it's worth once again, MUCH better than a regular type, strongly recommended. In fact, all of my equipment performed as hoped for, including a Warn electric handheld winch, it, the tractor of course, and the comalong kicked butt.
Broken/back pitched sewer line repair (sheared off at the foundation) turned into a fiasco after I severed an unused cable.

Start (yuck). Note that only "orange" paint was used to mark the location of utilities near that white spot in the middle of the yard...that comes into play later. gas line crossed our pipe as well. :(

Now, I was pretty upset in that 1 call DID NOT MARK THE FREAKING MAIN ELECTRIC LINE BENEATH THE CABLES!!!! M'fer. Thank goodness I did not hit that or it may have been lights out fore me. :mad:

I learned a valuable lesson. I wont even try to undermine cables since apparently, 1 call seems to forget about main electric lines. Did I tell you that I was upset?

Here is a better shot of what we were dealing with. Yes, that is the sewer line that we needed to replace under everything else. That 3 cable twisted line is the main met ed power!

View attachment 100259
Looks like each of you had had good fortune on your side today. Glad things worked out for both of you.