Peoria, AZ
An example of Arizona's high tractor prices:
b7100ad.jpg

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I don’t think this guy represents all dealers and prices in AZ.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I don’t think this guy represents all dealers and prices in AZ.
Asking price is one thing, selling price is another. I've seen an MX5400 HSTC on Craigslist for months. The seller is asking $52k and the local dealer still can't get MX tractor and yet no one is buying this low hour unit. The salesman I work with asked me the other day if I wanted to sell my MX6000 since they have a lot of customers looking for one. Uh .... nope! It's not for sale!

enriquesonora

Equipment
Kubota LX2610, 66" bucket, BB1266...
Jul 11, 2022
Vail
Well... I am a new tractor owner here in AZ and frankly, price-wise hmm. prices are relative, however, I had to purchase my tractor from CA to get the best deal. Basically, locally I barely was quoted a LX2610SU with a 60" box, 54" bucket. Secondly, I had to order the tractor and told to wait six months without a price guarantee, wtf! The CA dealer offered a way better deal for the same price, I got the full version of the LX2610HST, a 66" bucket with a cutting blade; Kubota canopy and a 66" LandPride box, delivered. The dealers here suck.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
They are getting stupid all over!
The second ad had me scratching my head, AZ tractor sales advertising in the North Idaho / Northeast Washington CL.

CL B7100HST.JPG

FYI: We are 1400+ miles away from AZ

CL L2501 AZ.JPG

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
The dealers here suck.
I'm afraid that you aren't alone. Similar experience on a mini-excavator purchase.

This past week, I contacted at least 7 local dealers (either thru email, or request quote from their website). I requested quotes in writing as I intended on making a purchase immediately, or get an order in and wait for a unit. I was very specific in the items I wanted quoted (exact model number and specific add ons)

Here's the outcome:

Two dealers actually provided me with what I asked for (written quote).

Two dealers said they would get back to me within a day or two with a written quote (but never did).

Three dealers have yet to respond/acknowledge that I even exist, despite email request for quote.

One Dealer provided me with an email (from his phone) on a simple total (no quote). I had to ask if it included sales tax...nope. This particular person works for a very large and popular dealership here in PA...(you can probably guess which one). This individual was about the rudest salesperson I have ever encountered. I was told that he didn't appreciate me comparing quotes and leveraging them against another dealers quote (which I did not, nor would not do). I was merely asking him to recheck what he quoted me because he was almost $4K higher than the other two written quotes I received. I'm contemplating sending the email string to the owner of that company so that he can see what a jerk he has working for him. I will NEVER use or recommend this dealer again...to anyone. I will no longer buy parts from them or watch their youtube videos either.

I was fortunate in that one of the two dealers that actually did what I asked (written quote) found the machine that I wanted. Paperwork is underway and I should have the machine next week. The added bonus is that the salesman actually lives two miles from me and they had the lowest quote as well.

edit: I will not mention name of the shytty dealership....so don't ask. But if you want the name of the two reputable dealerships, I'd be more than happy to let you know who to contact.

Reactions: 1 users

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
I posted about a total rust bucket here a couple months ago up for auction.....I'll have to find & resurrect the thread. I mean, we are talking ROTTEN.(you AZ/CAL guys have no idea) It was a similar tractor that didn't go for huge dollars(I think $4500??

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I'm afraid that you aren't alone. Similar experience on a mini-excavator purchase.

This past week, I contacted at least 7 local dealers (either thru email, or request quote from their website). I requested quotes in writing as I intended on making a purchase immediately, or get an order in and wait for a unit. I was very specific in the items I wanted quoted (exact model number and specific add ons)

Here's the outcome:

Two dealers actually provided me with what I asked for (written quote).

Two dealers said they would get back to me within a day or two with a written quote (but never did).

Three dealers have yet to respond/acknowledge that I even exist, despite email request for quote.

One Dealer provided me with an email (from his phone) on a simple total (no quote). I had to ask if it included sales tax...nope. This particular person works for a very large and popular dealership here in PA...(you can probably guess which one). This individual was about the rudest salesperson I have ever encountered. I was told that he didn't appreciate me comparing quotes and leveraging them against another dealers quote (which I did not, nor would not do). I was merely asking him to recheck what he quoted me because he was almost $4K higher than the other two written quotes I received. I'm contemplating sending the email string to the owner of that company so that he can see what a jerk he has working for him. I will NEVER use or recommend this dealer again...to anyone. I will no longer buy parts from them or watch their youtube videos either.

I was fortunate in that one of the two dealers that actually did what I asked (written quote) found the machine that I wanted. Paperwork is underway and I should have the machine next week. The added bonus is that the salesman actually lives two miles from me and they had the lowest quote as well.

edit: I will not mention name of the shytty dealership....so don't ask. But if you want the name of the two reputable dealerships, I'd be more than happy to let you know who to contact.
That dealer is likely Messick's, and I am surprised.
I have found them to be absolutely the best folks to deal with for parts.

One of their people did tell me a while ago, that they are primarily a farm machinery dealer, and don't really do much with construction equipment.

I found that to be a surprising comment at the time.

For that salesman's info: That is the way the real world works!
It is called "bidding" for jobs/sales.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
That dealer is likely Messick's, and I am surprised.
I have found them to be absolutely the best folks to deal with for parts.

One of their people did tell me a while ago, that they are primarily a farm machinery dealer, and don't really do much with construction equipment.

I found that to be a surprising comment at the time.

For that salesman's info: That is the way the real world works!
It is called "bidding" for jobs/sales.
I won't comment on the crappy salesman at "X" dealership. However, I was really pretty offended (and quite angry) of what he accused me of.

On a different topic, but related to this piece of equipment that I am purchasing, I wound up getting a pedal kit for this machine from Coleman Equipment. I have never used them before this week. I have to say, I'm impressed. I ordered the part tuesday afternoon and its scheduled for deliver tomorrow (thursday). That's service.

YMMV

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I won't comment on the crappy salesman at "X" dealership. However, I was really pretty offended (and quite angry) of what he accused me of.

On a different topic, but related to this piece of equipment that I am purchasing, I wound up getting a pedal kit for this machine from Coleman Equipment. I have never used them before this week. I have to say, I'm impressed. I ordered the part tuesday afternoon and its scheduled for deliver tomorrow (thursday). That's service.

YMMV
Coleman Equipment (in Bonner Springs) is located 30 miles from Kubota's warehouse located on 200 acres in Edgerton, Ks. It's huge!! I'm sure they receive inventory quickly.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I order 99% of my Kubota parts from Coleman's, and yes they have always been great.
I called on a very obscure part and the parts guy looked up the part on the dealer network, he found one, Instead of making me wait for them to acquire the part from that dealer he simply gave me their number and I made a direct purchase and got it right away.
That is an excellent way to do business!

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

YMMV
My experience has been very good with Coleman also.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
D2Cat, NIW and Fried1765- thanks for your comments on Coleman. I will be sure to use them when I can't acquire/source stuff from my local dealers.

Still debating on whether I should send the nasty-gram to that "other" dealer. I have used them in the past for parts and they have been great. I suppose I shouldn't fault the entire company network because of one azz-hat?

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
D2Cat, NIW and Fried1765- thanks for your comments on Coleman. I will be sure to use them when I can't acquire/source stuff from my local dealers.

Still debating on whether I should send the nasty-gram to that "other" dealer. I have used them in the past for parts and they have been great. I suppose I shouldn't fault the entire company network because of one azz-hat?
If you don't let management know, then these "salespeople" will continue to drag the company down. I have found some great people at Messicks, and a few that if they worked for me, wouldn't work for me tomorrow. One, in particular, was particularly nasty when I arrived to pick up my part. I too have switched to Coleman when I need parts shipped. I am not fond of one of the local Kubota dealers, but sometimes you just have to deal with them because you need the part today.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

I definitely would send a "nasty-gram".
The dealer/owner NEEDS to know that his employee is driving business away.
You will actually be doing the dealer/owner a favor!