Truth isn't easy to find these days

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
"confidence" in science = bah humbug!

"Confidence"..... like the "confidence" there was in the "science" of Thalidomide use for the treatment of morning sickness?
Thalidomide "science" caused birth defects in over 10,000 children.

Many people just blindly follow ANY so called "science", until it is sometimes discovered that "science" got it all WRONG!!
Arrogant Faucci actually stated : "I am science"!
What a buffoon !
You are entitled to your opinions. I choose to follow science on issues. This means the preponderance of evidence (the most statistically valid outcomes). This means that personalities and politics are irrelevant to the issue.

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
You are entitled to your opinions. I choose to follow science on issues. This means the preponderance of evidence (the most statistically valid outcomes). This means that personalities and politics are irrelevant to the issue.
Whose "science" do you "choose" to follow?

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Just a reminder, we have had multiple threads on COVID, the science behind it, etc. and it all leads to one place, with good individuals disagreeing on a topic that can't be resolved on this forum.

I have in the past been part of the problem, got a little time out for it. Just trying to prevent others from doing the same.

We have a great bunch of people on here and this is one topic that isn't worth dividing us over. There are much more important topics to argue and fight over such as is John Deere series 4 really better than the Kubota Grand Series? Or did Kioti steal their ideas from Kubota? Which grease is the best for your loader? What brand of oil should I use? The list goes on.

Lets try to focus on the more important topics.

Reactions: 3 users

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Whose "science" do you "choose" to follow?
Science isn’t based on personalities or politics. It’s based on the preponderance of publications, studies, and agreement within the larger scientific community.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
But am I really from VA? 😉
I don’t know for sure 😉

4D6DD737-4A5B-4B4D-8D8E-5E46DE7F67B2.jpeg

9CF7170D-6212-4A2E-8C9A-4D28A93E111E.jpeg

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Science isn’t based on personalities or politics. It’s based on the preponderance of publications, studies, and agreement within the larger scientific community.
And "science" is infallible?
Maybe check the long history of ALL that has periodically been called..... "science"?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I'd have to disagree.

I used to work with a bunch of folks from the SAS institute that could gin up a statistical test to support whatever outcome you so desired. Nothing different now being used to sway the general populace into believing whatever MSM wants them to feel good about. ;)

Reactions: 3 users

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I'd have to disagree.

I used to work with a bunch of folks from the SAS institute that could gin up a statistical test to support whatever outcome you so desired. Nothing different now being used to sway the general populace into believing whatever MSM wants them to feel good about. ;)
I don’t care what MSM is about. I do follow the science and medical professionals for making decisions.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I’m part of the science community and always follow the preponderance of evidence. This is always the best bet, but not perfect. But it’s usually the wisest approach.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
SOB. I never entered my email on the reported news site and suddenly I am subscribed to their news emails.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
My response is: Facts change, truth doesn't.

A few years back all of a sudden I was thirsty and needed a drink every 15 minutes or so. Then had to get rid of it, and then had no energy.

The next day I went to the Dr. and he got me in as the last patient. There were two male Drs about 45 year of age. After some question and a couple of test the both suggested I needed to go to the hospital the next morning to get further testing, thinking I was diabetic. Having an idea diabetes requires a special diet, I asked what should I eat for supper. Both Dr's were standing there when one said, "Have some fruit."
So when I got home there was no apples, oranges, grapes, bananas, so I looked in the cupboard and found a can of fruit cocktail. Ate the whole can.

(For anyone not familiar, a sugar product is what is consumed to raise a low blood sugar.)

The next morning, at the hospital, when the nurse was doing the glucose tolerance test she ask me how I got to the hospital that morning. And she asked me several times because I told her I drove myself. She said my blood sugar was over 1100 and I should not be conscious. Quit the test and admitted me into the hospital of IV of insulin.

This is just one example of how people who think they know all there is to know about something often times don't know $hit from apple butter! I can give a few more equally stupid bits of information well trained people have stated. How many Dr's get hand outs from drug companies and the info. from the Dr. is suppose to be to help the patient, not provide continuing education in exotic locations. And these trips surely don't skew their thinking!!!!

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I got zero vaccinations and zero boosters, wore zero masks. I also got zero sick since 2019 when i had a mild cold. lol, gullible people.
That is great to hear.

But remember as the financial guys say all the time, past performance is no guarantee of future results.

Hope it is for you and everyone else though…vaccinated or not.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
That is great to hear.

But remember as the financial guys say all the time, past performance is no guarantee of future results.

Hope it is for you and everyone else though…vaccinated or not.
Financial folks address it up front. The rest don't say it and try to make you believe they have all the answers.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I don’t care what MSM is about. I do follow the science and medical professionals for making decisions.
Kudos for a very simple life, to just blindly "follow the science", and "medical professionals".

Last edited: