Please allow me to introduce myself....

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
I'm not much of a Stones fan, but the title seemed fitting. I couldn't find a place for formal intros so this seemed like a good spot to say hello.
Been lurking for a while and finally signed up after sealing the deal on a new L2501 for our new little homestead in the Piedmont region of northern Virginia. We moved from the awful armpit (NoVA) as soon as daughterkid graduated from college. Still relatively young, in our 40's, we decided HOA living and the high density of Karen and Carl couples increased the odds of jail time. I'm an engineer and work in the automation industry. Also been a long time motorcycle racer in the mid-Atlantic region. If it has wheels, I'll race it!
Anyway, looking forward to putting the little beast to work building an RV pad, dirt bike trails, rifle range and whatever else keeps me out of the wifes' way. Hope to learn some things and teach some things. I'll certainly have to figure out all these acronyms out first.....SSQA? FEL? Makes me think of Robin Williams in Good Morning Viet-Nam! :LOL:
Oh, and my handle.... Long time nickname from when I had a big bore V Twin race bike. It stuck and that's what I use on every SM platform since the AOL chatroom days.

Reactions: 5 users

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Welcome. Ride a V-twin here also, but it's "American Iron" *;-)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Welcome to the Orange, old scooter bum, my evil twin was an old BMW R90s a scary fast bike at the time. Now just an old block head sitting in the garage, maybe it will be a barn find for somebody some day

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I'm not much of a Stones fan, but the title seemed fitting. I couldn't find a place for formal intros so this seemed like a good spot to say hello.
Been lurking for a while and finally signed up after sealing the deal on a new L2501 for our new little homestead in the Piedmont region of northern Virginia. We moved from the awful armpit (NoVA) as soon as daughterkid graduated from college. Still relatively young, in our 40's, we decided HOA living and the high density of Karen and Carl couples increased the odds of jail time. I'm an engineer and work in the automation industry. Also been a long time motorcycle racer in the mid-Atlantic region. If it has wheels, I'll race it!
Anyway, looking forward to putting the little beast to work building an RV pad, dirt bike trails, rifle range and whatever else keeps me out of the wifes' way. Hope to learn some things and teach some things. I'll certainly have to figure out all these acronyms out first.....SSQA? FEL? Makes me think of Robin Williams in Good Morning Viet-Nam! :LOL:
Oh, and my handle.... Long time nickname from when I had a big bore V Twin race bike. It stuck and that's what I use on every SM platform since the AOL chatroom days.
Pleased to meet you
Hope you're not that Name jk

SSQA = skid steer quick attach is a latching system that allows you to easily change attachments on your FEL (Front End Loader). Hopefully you ordered it on your new one. Makes it easy to swap between bucket, grapple, forks, etc.

WSM = WorkShop Manual is the repair manual. They cost around $100 for the printed version, but with a new tractor you may be able to get your dealer to download a pdf version onto your thumb drive. There's also one available at www.kubotabooks.com, but it may not be the latest edition. The WSM is very useful, even if you don't want to do repairs yourself, when you want to add lights, etc.

I bought a well-used L35 a couple of years ago and have learned a lot on here. The L2501 is a popular model, and you'll find all the help you need. Most of us on here are well-behaved most of the time, so enjoy.

Reactions: 1 user

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Welcome. Ride a V-twin here also, but it's "American Iron" *;-)
Thank you sir! I do have an affinity for HD's. They are what started my affair with 2 wheels back in the 80's with flat track racing. Who knew people would be racing baggers today!

• Haha

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Welcome,
Still looking to replace my last v-twin, Honda,

Most common acronym in the tractor world appears to be WTF ! You most likely already know that one.

• Haha

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Thank you sir! I do have an affinity for HD's. They are what started my affair with 2 wheels back in the 80's with flat track racing. Who knew people would be racing baggers today!
Welcome to OTT and have fun with that 2501. Lots of motorcycle fans on here. I don't race but I was a track day junkie for awhile until too many injuries slowed me down. I don't recognize that track in your avitar, where is that?

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Welcome to the Orange, old scooter bum, my evil twin was an old BMW R90s a scary fast bike at the time. Now just an old block head sitting in the garage, maybe it will be a barn find for somebody some day
I love the old BMW's! Got a '81 R100rs. Fun bike and gets a lot of looks.
1658409737759.png

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Welcome to OTT and have fun with that 2501. Lots of motorcycle fans on here. I don't race but I was a track day junkie for awhile until too many injuries slowed me down. I don't recognize that track in your avitar, where is that?
That is VIR (Virginia International Raceway) turn 4b on the North Course. We don't race there these days. I think they dropped it in 2018 but I still go for track days because I love the place.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
That is VIR (Virginia International Raceway) turn 4b on the North Course. We don't race there these days. I think they dropped it in 2018 but I still go for track days because I love the place.
My #2 son rides. We took a few long rides together. He also races a Miata for NASA at VIR and Summit Point mostly. I did a couple of HPDE's at VIR in my STI.
Welcome to the forum - I've learned a lot here.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
My #2 son rides. We took a few long rides together. He also races a Miata for NASA at VIR and Summit Point mostly. I did a couple of HPDE's at VIR in my STI.
Welcome to the forum - I've learned a lot here.
Summit is my home track. About an hour 15 from it. Been going there many years. Thanks for the welcome!

ve9aa

Equipment
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
I watched the original "Terminator" the other day (for probably the 5th time). (you know..."I'll be back" in my best deep Austrian accent) and I wonder if that's the same bike Arnie was riding? I know he did an HD Fatboy for the next movie, but I swear it was an early 80's BMW with a fairing in the original.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
I watched the original "Terminator" the other day (for probably the 5th time). (you know..."I'll be back" in my best deep Austrian accent) and I wonder if that's the same bike Arnie was riding? I know he did an HD Fatboy for the next movie, but I swear it was an early 80's BMW with a fairing in the original.
Surprised anyone remembers that motorcycle! It was on screen for 2 minutes before being demolished by a bridge footer. That one was actually a Honda CB750k that had a bullet fairing mounted on it.
However, the BMW R100 did make some appearances in the Bond franchise. :)

ve9aa

Equipment
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Surprised anyone remembers that motorcycle! It was on screen for 2 minutes before being demolished by a bridge footer. That one was actually a Honda CB750k that had a bullet fairing mounted on it.
However, the BMW R100 did make some appearances in the Bond franchise. :)
ahhh, well, I can't be right about everything-haha. When I was watching "the terminator" the other day, Ididn't know there'd be a (similar-ish) bike show up a couple days later on OTT and that I was studying for a future test (that I failed).

It's the same wind, so it's still a win-win to me. I like the BMW's. Never could afford one. Just have that stinkin' old Harley bagger, but it works for me ;-)

Welcome to the OTT...some days it should be called OTABT or OTAMT (orange tractor and bike /motor talks)....there sure does seem to be a lot of bikers, or past bikers here ! (certainly we're all at least a little bit, motorheads.)
1658509503039.png

58Ford

Equipment
BX23s, LA340, BT603, RCR1248, PFL1242, STB1072
Jan 1, 2022
SW Washington
Welcome ET!
there’s also this, while we are discussion terminator bikes. I am also revealing my preferred flavor. Keep ‘em shiny side up!
EB973366-E461-4278-BB7F-563CD4CEADCC.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
The L arrived. My new tractor with my 1st ever "earthmoving" machine. Squint, it's in the foreground :ROFLMAO:
20220727_142536.jpg

Reactions: 2 users