What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Ever wonder what is going through the child's mind as she sees you beating on that tractor attempting to remove the pin?

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Ever wonder what is going through the child's mind as she sees you beating on that tractor attempting to remove the pin?
That’s my son. But yes, he heard the tractor start and the wife said he came running so he could see. Watched till I was done.

Reactions: 2 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I just guessed at his gender assuming that I had a 50% chance of getting it correct. I take another guess, he is about 2 1/2 - 3 years old?

Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Matt - somewhat similar, I had an audience while I mowed yesterday.

My youngest “son” so to speak. His first experience with the tractor up close.

He followed me around at a distance. I probably missed a few spots…..😉

CD34EA84-8EFE-4406-96BC-F0C9BCF7605C.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Finally getting back to this. All I can say is, grease your loader pins!!
View attachment 86152
View attachment 86153
Looking at the pin, looks to have some rust in it, seized to the link, not the ssqa plate. Heat, oil, hammer, repeat. Finally got it out enough to put the pry bar in keeper hole and got it twisting, then put some tension with strap. Really started moving then. All of this with loader arm hard against tree.
Thanks for the reminder, I've been sticking with the every 10 hour schedule. Looks like you had a hell of a time with that pin 😔

My neighbor stopped by the other day and I mentioned wanting to get rid of a pile of crushed limestone I had from my gen pad project. He said his RV Pad has sunk a bit and needed some of I had no use for it. Made 2.5 trips down and cleaned off my driveway. He still needs a hell of a lot more stone, but I was able to help put a small dent in it.

I didn't put much effort into spreading, he insisted on raking it out himself so I put the loader in float a few times and back dragged the pile. Good enough.

PXL_20220828_154103223.jpg

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Thanks for the reminder, I've been sticking with the every 10 hour schedule. Looks like you had a hell of a time with that pin 😔
I think this was previous owner neglect. Though, I have put about 75 hours on it.
Was probably in a hurry and said I’ll get it better next time…. Next time… next time… now we are here. Lol.

Hopefully dealer has on tomorrow. I’ve got 4 trees laid out to cleanup and firewood to start!

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
My boy does that all day and also demands rides. He's getting big enough to where the seat belt won't buckle both of us in at the same time in the very near future.
That’s awesome. I let him ride some, just putting around, not doing work.

I’ll have to find the pictures of me on dads old ford, the one I sold a few years back, I was probably 3 and on it alone. Dad would push clutch in with his hand, pop it it first, a bit above idle and turn me loose! Lol. Couldn’t reach the clutch or brakes. Usually stood on the transmission to steer.

• Haha

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Put my L4060 HSTC to work this past week. In addition to my 4 acres, I got another 4 acres of established hay, and wow what a yield. nearly 200 bales from those 4 acres where I am lucky to get 70, if that from mine. Have a way to go.

PXES1666[1].JPG
IMG_8370[1].JPG
IMG_8371[1].JPG
IMG_8372[1].JPG

I ran out of light before I got the bales off the ground and of course had a downpour this morning when the weather report was dry until 11 AM. Now I have the bales sitting on the barn floor with gaps between them to help them dry.

Reactions: 4 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Put my L4060 HSTC to work this past week. In addition to my 4 acres, I got another 4 acres of established hay, and wow what a yield. nearly 200 bales from those 4 acres where I am lucky to get 70, if that from mine. Have a way to go.

View attachment 86162 View attachment 86163 View attachment 86164 View attachment 86165

I ran out of light before I got the bales off the ground and of course had a downpour this morning when the weather report was dry until 11 AM. Now I have the bales sitting on the barn floor with gaps between them to help them dry.
Windrows look pretty stout.

Bet it worked the tractor and baler pretty well.

I've picked up a lot more bales off the ground than I care to admit. Usually meant something broke...I wasn't very big at the time. Could barely reach the deck of the wagon.

Conventional small bales? They look long. Bet hefty if they're tight....

What are you using the hay for?

drumminj

Equipment
L4701, Mule 4010
Nov 4, 2021
TN
You're absolutely right. I kind of apologized to @NCL4701 for my presumptive comments. We all have our own wants, needs and ideas. It's good to get the chance to compare different models on the lot, to get a sense of the size differences, but we don't typically get to use them on our properties unless we buy them. Many of us will never know if a different sized tractor would be better for us until we make a change.
I appreciate this. And yes, you don't really know unless you get to demo the tractor on your property, doing your tasks. I bought my 4701 without even driving one...luckily this site exists and I was able to get a good sense of the right size/model based on the discussions here.

Ironically, I was convinced I should have ordered an MX before the tractor arrived ;). So far I've only wished it was smaller so far - not once wished it was bigger.

drumminj

Equipment
L4701, Mule 4010
Nov 4, 2021
TN
All I can say is, grease your loader pins!!
Thank you for this post..I had thought a while back "there has to be a way to grease those things.." but never saw a visible zerk. Looked more closely today because of your post and found them - buried in grease and dirt. Only 65hrs on the tractor so no reason to be concerned, but without this I may have forgotten to go back and figure out a good way to apply grease to them!

Mlarv

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 19, 2020
Crossville TN
A little sea wall repair and stump pulling. My boots where full of water from the sea wall repair, so I didn't get the stump pulled yet I figure I will finish it off tomorrow. Sitting back now with my feet dry par taken in a frosted malt beverage. This is the first weekend with my BX23 I put 11 hours on it since Tuesday afternoon. Most of it was today. I figure I will bring it up to the garage and grease it, and inspect it in the morning while I have a cup or two of coffee.
IMG_4466.JPG
IMG_4462.JPG

Attachments

Reactions: 3 users

Mlarv

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 19, 2020
Crossville TN
Thank you for this post..I had thought a while back "there has to be a way to grease those things.." but never saw a visible zerk. Looked more closely today because of your post and found them - buried in grease and dirt. Only 65hrs on the tractor so no reason to be concerned, but without this I may have forgotten to go back and figure out a good way to apply grease to them!
There are 10 on them for the loader also look at the rubber mat on the floor. There is a little flap there open it and grease that one as well.

Mlarv

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 19, 2020
Crossville TN
My boy does that all day and also demands rides. He's getting big enough to where the seat belt won't buckle both of us in at the same time in the very near future.
Not to be a Karen, but it is not safe for the two of you you use the same seatbelt. If you have to stop fast you will crush the person in front of you if you are both buckled in. I have seen this in car wreaks, also on planes they tell you not to do that.