What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Curious, what's the county citing him for? Wildfire control?
Weeds. You can be ticketed and fined for having "excessive" amounts of weeds in this county.

2650fan

Equipment
B2650TLB
Jun 28, 2022
CT
Just added Bora 2” spacers to the 2650, man what a difference. Rimguard to fill tires this week. And she’ll ready to do some work

Reactions: 2 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I made a post last week about adding D-rings to the MX up front. They work really well (see below) and the binders stay nice and tight the entire time. I need to add some to the M6060 which has a different grill guard without the nice flat areas, but I can figure it out.

I need to do something similar toward the rear of the MX and M tractors too. I don't like using the draw bar to secure the tractor on the trailer. The bar bends under load and the binders/chains end up getting loose during the trip from A to B. I need to weld/bolt on D-rings in a location that makes sense in the overall scheme of securing the tractor on the trailer.

So how do folks here secure the back of the tractor when towing. Draw bar, 3-point, something else?

View attachment 84606
Shackle in draw bar with draw bar in the position furthest retracted to minimize deflection.

Jasper2018

Equipment
Kubota L3130. LA723 FEL, L3901 HST, LA525, bush hog rotary cutter,
May 25, 2021
Florida
I usually use 4- 10'chains
One around each axel cross chained. Per our DOT you must also have a tiedown over each impliment.

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Couldn't handle the rattling from the slip fit specialtyrepaircustoms LX exhaust extension any longer. It started off quiet but after about 10 hours or so started to rattle between 1300-1900rpm. I bought a 1.5" exhaust clamp from the auto parts store and snugged it real good until it had crimped the pipe. No more rattles.
PXL_20220802_004045261.jpg
PXL_20220802_004059160.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
Used the backhoe on the BX24 to dig out a spot for a landing for my deck steps. Built forms yesterday and now I’m waiting for a couple cooler dry days to mix and pour concrete.
A908F806-FF5A-46C2-9D5A-385515D3C01B.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Shekkie

Equipment
LX2610, Virnig 60" Grapple, WoodMaxx TM-86H, Woods 60" BB/72”RB
Feb 12, 2022
Grafton, Ohio
Couldn't handle the rattling from the slip fit specialtyrepaircustoms LX exhaust extension any longer. It started off quiet but after about 10 hours or so started to rattle between 1300-1900rpm. I bought a 1.5" exhaust clamp from the auto parts store and snugged it real good until it had crimped the pipe. No more rattles. View attachment 84638 View attachment 84639

That looks nice but seeing as how I’ve banged up my grill protector I’d definitely rip that off in short order.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Used the backhoe on the BX24 to dig out a spot for a landing for my deck steps. Built forms yesterday and now I’m waiting for a couple cooler dry days to mix and pour concrete. View attachment 84642
I would add a few more stakes to the rounded part of the landing so it maintains the desired shape. I have found that the weight of concrete pushes hard against forms, and have had forms blow out because they weren't properly staked. It only takes a few extra minutes, and the only cost is the wood, which you probably have laying around.

Reactions: 1 user

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
That looks nice but seeing as how I’ve banged up my grill protector I’d definitely rip that off in short order.
Now that I think about it, that's probably how it got loose and started rattling... I noticed it after I moved brush piles and started stump grinding. Maybe brush contact loosened the slip fit connection or the vibration from stump grinding. Either way, it's fixed now. If it ever becomes an issue servicing the tractor, I'll just cut it shorter and tack the turn down tip onto the factory exhaust.

Mountainhill

Equipment
l2501 (l3800 2013/22), Box Blade, post hole digger, Leon's rear blade
Apr 3, 2017
Nova Scotia, Canada
Couldn't handle the rattling from the slip fit specialtyrepaircustoms LX exhaust extension any longer. It started off quiet but after about 10 hours or so started to rattle between 1300-1900rpm. I bought a 1.5" exhaust clamp from the auto parts store and snugged it real good until it had crimped the pipe. No more rattles. View attachment 84638 View attachment 84639
Just curious, could this be an issue for Warranty?

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
The longer the pipe, the greater the leverage is to break something upstream of what it is attached to. In your case, it might damage the muffler, or even worse, it could damage the exhaust manifold. I would want it better attached to the tractor and not hung as low as it is in the picture. You might want to consider extending it and have it run across the front of the frame and exit toward the ground and have 2 attachment points on the front of the frame. That way it is secured properly and accomplishes what you added an exhaust extension for.

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Just curious, could this be an issue for Warranty?
I've yet to contact them but I will, I'm curious what their thoughts are. Didn't want to burden Paul and Kathy since I was able to fix with a $2 clamp but I'll bring it to their attention anyway.

The longer the pipe, the greater the leverage is to break something upstream of what it is attached to. In your case, it might damage the muffler, or even worse, it could damage the exhaust manifold. I would want it better attached to the tractor and not hung as low as it is in the picture. You might want to consider extending it and have it run across the front of the frame and exit toward the ground and have 2 attachment points on the front of the frame. That way it is secured properly and accomplishes what you added an exhaust extension for.
That's a good point, I can extend and add one additional bracket to bolt to the frame. I'd like to add a plate in front of the exhaust to protect it from getting hit by material in the future too. I think some of the brush guard mfg. make a guard for the frame section.

Virtual Guy

Equipment
Kubota L2501, loader, Land Pride box blade and grapple, John Deere MX5 cutter
Jul 17, 2022
Osage County Oklahoma
50 Cal cans, one on each side. Made the brackets from 1" box beam to match the angle of the ROPS and hold it level. The holes drilled match existing holes in the ROPS. Not all ROPS have the extra pair of holes this low, so you might need to do something different for mounting. One of these will easily store a 20' 3/8" chain and several clevises. On the other side, I keep a few hand tools and a can of hornet spray.
View attachment 84487 View attachment 84486
Very nice! Thank you. I'll look into doing something similar.

Snowman7

Equipment
LX3310 535 loader, LX2980, RB2672, FDR1660
May 20, 2020
Boyne Falls, MI.
Went out to the farm and learned a few lessons today.

The law of gravity is still in effect.

Don't put off until tomorrow what can be done today.

Always have clean underwear with you.

My typical mowing is usually uneventful. I was 20 minutes from finishing, listening to 'We built this city on rock and roll'. As I was enjoying the music, probably a little to much and letting my mind wander, I was quickly brought back to reality when my tractor started to rollover to the left.

Immediately the old pucker factor kicked in and with zero thought I just turned into the roll and down the hill we went. A little rough landing at the bottom, but was on all four tires and the tractor didn't go completely over.

Turned off the tractor, removed the seat cushion from between my butt cheeks and got out to inspect everything.

The area I was mowing is on 15-20 degree slope, but we mow it all the time and we mow it up to the edge of about a four foot drop down to the next level which we have a path to go down and mow that lower section. We have worked on making the drop off less and turn it into more of a slope, but until we remove some more brush and old stumps (now there is less brush to remove), can't finish smoothing the transition down, so we are stuck mowing along the edge.

Since I had become so focused on enjoying the tunes, I had forget about halfway along the edge we had removed a tree stump, which left a nice little hole and of course it was all overgrown, so while I was doing my drum routine with the music, my front left tire found the hole and decided that the tractor needed to go that away. I have mowed around that hole for few years now, always planned on fixing it, just never a priority.

I checked the tractor over, operated everything, looked for any damage, but besides the skid marks on hillside and my underwear, I could find no damage to anything, all lines looked good, steps okay, nothing looked out of whack, which I was very thankful.

I finished mowing and then before putting the tractor up I placed a few loads of dirt in the hole and worked on smoothing it out.

I have mowed that spot dozens of times and always had to remember to take the jog around the hole. Today, it just about cost me for not taking the time to fix the hole.

So the moral of the story is to always fill your holes otherwise you may end up filling your drawers.
Good save, sounds a little too exciting for this old fart!

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
I would add a few more stakes to the rounded part of the landing so it maintains the desired shape. I have found that the weight of concrete pushes hard against forms, and have had forms blow out because they weren't properly staked. It only takes a few extra minutes, and the only cost is the wood, which you probably have laying around.
I will add more stakes then to be safe. I actually used leftover scraps of composite deck boards to make my stakes. Wasn’t sure how they would hold up to being beaten with a BFH but they held up great.

Here’s the latest progress on the deck and the Kubota digging the post holes with the Land Pride PD10.
8A0E2CE3-F10E-47F2-A779-4FB01A0CCFE3.jpeg
60787DA8-DEF6-42CF-99F6-1205DDBA1048.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users

WhitleyStu

Premium Member

Equipment
B2601 LA435 FEL 60" MMM 60" Snow Blower FSP500 Spreader 5' Grahl Roller 40 spray
Sep 10, 2020
Indiana
Applied 80 gallons of Drive XLR8 to the yard...
IMG_1928.JPG

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I have to get back to taking more pictures, but failed again this weekend on that count.

Really don’t know how we got by so many years without a modern tractor with loader. This weekend wife wanted to move 40 + dozen mason jars in boxes from the laundry room of one of the other houses to the basement for storage. She said, “we’ll have to carry them down the stairs”. My knees said no. Loaded up the 6.5’ x 3’ dolly I use to store the boxblade and forked the pile to the basement. My knees were happy. 20 minutes, mostly me moving boxes by hand loading and unloading the dolly. Old tractor wouldn’t do that at all.

Then used the boxblade to touch up a couple of ditches and trails a recent heavy deluge had done some damage to. With a decent 72” boxblade, 47hp tractor, hydraulic top and side links it took about 15 minutes. With the older, smaller tractors with manual adjustments on the 3 point and lightweight backblade (what I would have used pre-Kubota) it would have required hooking up the 3 shank ripper to loosen the packed gravel so the blade wouldn’t just bounce off it. Then switch to the backblade, tilt it to clean the ditches, tilt again to shape the trail. Would have taken at least a couple hours the old way. If I hooked the old tractor to the BB1572, it would struggle to pick it up, much less pull it. Almost feels like cheating with the Kubota. So 15 minutes v 2 hours.

Then hooked up the brush hog and did a bit of mowing in part of the front meadow where a few saplings were beginning to flourish a bit more than I preferred. Could have done that with the old tractor but it would have struggled with the 5’ cutter in the thick 2’ grass and wouldn’t have maintained 540 rpm whereas the L wasn’t straining at all. Didn’t save much time there but did get a better quality cut.

Next, stopped by the ABC crush/run granite road base pile and picked up about a half bucket of rock to fill a couple potholes that were starting at the end of the drive where the garbage truck turns around every week. A little back dragging with the bucket and packing with the wheels made it all good again. Another 15 minute job mostly because it’s a long way from the rock pile to the end of the road. Old way would have been a 3 point pond scoop, flat shovel, rake, and a bit of manual labor. Some time and labor saving on that job.

On the way back to put the tractor inside got to looking at a bunch of sweet gum trees about 8’ to 10’ high that have grown beside the trail to the shed. Wife and I had been discussing earlier if we like them as a sight barrier between the houses and shed/wood yard area or want them gone. We didn’t really make a decision but I suddenly developed a dislike for them and still had the rotary cutter. Thought, well it’s rated for 2” it should handle them and I think I can squeeze in between the big trees to get 90% of them. So I ran over all but maybe 3 or 4 of them I couldn’t get to. Don’t really think I could have run over a small stand of 8’ gum saplings with the old tractor, much less mowed them without choking it down. Less than 5 minutes to take out what would have taken probably at least an hour with a saw and disposing of the brush. Don’t know if the wife has noticed yet or not. 😬

Forks, grapple, bucket, loader, SSQA, front and rear hydraulic remotes, ROPs, diff lock: all stuff the the old tractor didn’t have at all. Compared to old tractor: HST v 3 speed clutch/stick, top/tilt v manual adjust, 2X PTO HP, 4WD v 2WD, brakes that work well v not so much, 3X rear lift capacity, live independent PTO v full time on (unless you also disengage hydraulic pump) with no internal over run, power steering v manual steering.

No, I don’t think the Kubota will be running 70 years from now, but neither will I. At 295 hours I still feel a little spoiled every time I use the Kubota.