What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Arduous work ridding property of stumps but well worth the effort you went to. Good job!
Thank you! I'm glad the extent of the stump work was driving around and feathering the pedal and engaging/disengaging the PTO šŸ˜. I don't think I'd ever get to this point without the LX or at least in such a short amount of time.

When we first moved in, my neighbor who owns a larger area of the same woods was bragging about how clean his woods were. He is retired and had spent an entire season or longer clearing his to the point where he can mow. He laughed at me when I said I wanted to get my section looking like his...I'm looking at a total of 7-10 working days and my section looks better and will be graded flat šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 1 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Thank you! I'm glad the extent of the stump work was driving around and feathering the pedal and engaging/disengaging the PTO šŸ˜. I don't think I'd ever get to this point without the LX or at least in such a short amount of time.

When we first moved in, my neighbor who owns a larger area of the same woods was bragging about how clean his woods were. He is retired and had spent an entire season or longer clearing his to the point where he can mow. He laughed at me when I said I wanted to get my section looking like his...I'm looking at a total of 7-10 working days and my section looks better and will be graded flat šŸ˜‚
Is he the one that doesn't like smoke? Sounds like a braggadocios fellow!

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas

It can be a lot of work. Will take different folks different amounts of time. But the goal, besides the aesthetic benefit is to get your property in a state where your time is spent 'maintaining' it rather than performing gross improvements.

I live in Deep East Texas and we normally get rainfall in excess of 50" yearly. So its like trying to keep the Amazon Jungle tamed here. Never ending maintenance.

You've made a good start and can be rightfully proud of your hard work. Just be careful, take your time and be safe. Farm equipment can ruin your day (or life) if you get careless or in a hurry.

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Is he the one that doesn't like smoke? Sounds like a braggadocios fellow!
Nope, this is one I get along with - pretty much all of the neighbors are cool except for the smoke Karen. The guy who doesn't like smoke is the one who's trespassed my property multiple times and has left me "anonymous letters" to stop burning.

He is currently being fined by the municipality and being requested to take a few outbuildings down so he'll be too busy to complain about me burning šŸ˜‚

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
It can be a lot of work. Will take different folks different amounts of time. But the goal, besides the aesthetic benefit is to get your property in a state where your time is spent 'maintaining' it rather than performing gross improvements.

I live in Deep East Texas and we normally get rainfall in excess of 50" yearly. So its like trying to keep the Amazon Jungle tamed here. Never ending maintenance.

You've made a good start and can be rightfully proud of your hard work. Just be careful, take your time and be safe. Farm equipment can ruin your day (or life) if you get careless or in a hurry.
I appreciate that advice, and you're right. I want to get things to a point where it's maintenance only. I plan on grading with the box and just mowing over all the growth with my ZTR to keep nuisance plants from growing.

Regarding rushing, I am laughably slow, an experienced tractor operator would be able to do what I've done in half the time šŸ˜‚ my biggest challenge is working slow outdoors because I am constantly scanning for my son to make sure he's nowhere near my job site along with general lack of experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
I appreciate that advice, and you're right. I want to get things to a point where it's maintenance only. I plan on grading with the box and just mowing over all the growth with my ZTR to keep nuisance plants from growing.

Regarding rushing, I am laughably slow, an experienced tractor operator would be able to do what I've done in half the time šŸ˜‚ my biggest challenge is working slow outdoors because I am constantly scanning for my son to make sure he's nowhere near my job site along with general lack of experience.
You'll find (if you haven't already) that disturbed soil will foster weed growth, it just can't be avoided.

Where possible.... I use my Zero Turn Mower with the deck raised up to transport height to mow that stuff.

Over time, field grasses tend to take over and choke out most of the undesirable stuff.

Good to always know where the children are. little devils have a way of getting out of your sight.

But sounds as if you are doing just fine and setting a good example. (y)

Virtual Guy

Equipment
Kubota L2501, loader, Land Pride box blade and grapple, John Deere MX5 cutter
Jul 17, 2022
Osage County Oklahoma
I converted my L2501 to a quick attach and added a grapple.

The grapple the dealer delivered without tightening the hydraulic fittings. Now to go clean up the mess. :mad:

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I converted my L2501 to a quick attach and added a grapple.

The grapple the dealer delivered without tightening the hydraulic fittings. Now to go clean up the mess. :mad:
Well, the positive side is that you have the grapple. Yes, there is a mess, but it can be cleaned up and then you can go enjoy your new grapple.

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
You'll find (if you haven't already) that disturbed soil will foster weed growth, it just can't be avoided.

Where possible.... I use my Zero Turn Mower with the deck raised up to transport height to mow that stuff.

Over time, field grasses tend to take over and choke out most of the undesirable stuff.

Good to always know where the children are. little devils have a way of getting out of your sight.

But sounds as if you are doing just fine and setting a good example. (y)
Any way I can accelerate the growth of field grasses? Or maybe some ground cover that I don't need to mow? Creeping Charlie? Any recommendations?

Virtual Guy

Equipment
Jul 17, 2022
Osage County Oklahoma
Well, the positive side is that you have the grapple. Yes, there is a mess, but it can be cleaned up and then you can go enjoy your new grapple.
Oh yes, the mess has been cleaned up and I'm very happy with the grapple. Didn't mean to make it sound like I'm not. I already had a reason to be irritated at that dealer so I was just venting a little.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Any way I can accelerate the growth of field grasses? Or maybe some ground cover that I don't need to mow? Creeping Charlie? Any recommendations?
I've never tried 'ground cover' plants....but it sounds plausible that if the soil will support it, it could possibly outgrow the undesirable weeds/plants and choke them out. I can't really help there.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Man.....I'd love to have a grapple, leaking or not.

Envious of those who have one. But I don't think I can convince management (the Wife) that I really need one right now. I'll probably have to have a heat stroke first.

Hmmmmm....wonder if that is part of her plan. :(

Reactions: 3 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
The best way to promote grass growth is to simple keep it mowed. Weeds will be there but when the grass is mowed the weeds get mowed and they never get to seed. Without seeding they soon loose out to the grass and all you have is grass.

Reactions: 2 users

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Used the 'BX as a bead breaker.
small 20220728_170535.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 9 users

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Installed my Pats QH. Those damn pins are so tight and my 3pt has not been used much. Ended up shaving off a tiny bit of the inside of my 3pt link bushings with the Dremel (mainly taking factory paint off) and tapering the end of the pins. Then I used some oil to lubricate the bushings and the pins. I spent another 35 mins or so making sure the QH was plumb and level. What a nightmare to install.... Here's the finished product:

PXL_20220729_020743436.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Installed my Pats QH. Those damn pins are so tight and my 3pt has not been used much. Ended up shaving off a tiny bit of the inside of my 3pt link bushings with the Dremel (mainly taking factory paint off) and tapering the end of the pins. Then I used some oil to lubricate the bushings and the pins. I spent another 35 mins or so making sure the QH was plumb and level. What a nightmare to install.... Here's the finished product:

View attachment 84402
Is that the R14 tread type everyone is talking about? I kind of like that.

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Is that the R14 tread type everyone is talking about? I kind of like that.
Yessir. I'm a big fan of the R14s, it doesn't tear up my lawn and gets great traction in the dirt. I had to grind stumps on some sketchy hills that had been rained on earlier in the day and never lost traction in 4WD.

Trustable

Equipment
l2501HST
Jul 5, 2022
Michigan
Installed my pats QH yesterday. Wasnt to bad but those pins are a huge pain. My right side seems to angle a bit more than left so Iā€™m gonna fix that tomorrow. Iā€™ve used it for a couple hours and it doesnā€™t seem to affect anything. It was great not having to fight with the box blade, get the jack out, then lift it for just the right angle, then say some choice words while trying to get the other side connected. Didnā€™t even have to get a different top link, but Iā€™m pretty close to the end so I am gonna go see if the extra long one from tsc is actually longer Than the stock one. Tomorrow Iā€™m Lifting some 500lb steel beams with the welded hooks and lifting chains on the bucket for the neighbor. Was gonna get some pallet forks but I canā€™t justify the cost.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6ā€™ cutter, forks, 8ā€™ rear blade, 7ā€™ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I decided that I needed a ā€œgloveboxā€ for small item and extra water bottle storage. I bought a 30mm ammo box and mounted it on the ROPs crossbar behind my seat next to the toolbox. One ubolt did the trick. Tomorrow itā€™s back to rotary cutting.

Virtual Guy

Equipment
Jul 17, 2022
Osage County Oklahoma
I decided that I needed a ā€œgloveboxā€ for small item and extra water bottle storage. I bought a 30mm ammo box and mounted it on the ROPs crossbar behind my seat next to the toolbox. One ubolt did the trick. Tomorrow itā€™s back to rotary cutting.
Pictures? I'm interested in something like this as well. Doesn't seem too technical but I would like to see how things fit. I literally need a box for my gloves. :D