What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

gs1s

Equipment
L2501 HST; Rhinohide Canopy, Wicked Tooth Bar, Pat's Easy Change
Jan 10, 2022
Texas
Installed my Pats QH. Those damn pins are so tight and my 3pt has not been used much. Ended up shaving off a tiny bit of the inside of my 3pt link bushings with the Dremel (mainly taking factory paint off) and tapering the end of the pins. Then I used some oil to lubricate the bushings and the pins. I spent another 35 mins or so making sure the QH was plumb and level. What a nightmare to install.... Here's the finished product:

View attachment 84402
Did mine yesterday. Lots of fiddling with the set screws until I determined it to be "plumb enough".

Woke up today to a flat front tire after running the box blade yesterday. Slime to the rescue!

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Did mine yesterday. Lots of fiddling with the set screws until I determined it to be "plumb enough".

Woke up today to a flat front tire after running the box blade yesterday. Slime to the rescue!
Agree, the only thing I see now is that they are still "angled" when compared to the ends of the 3pt arms even though they are vertically and horizontally plumb. Not sure how to remedy that. It didn't result in any issues hooking up my BB although my top link is almost fully extended (need to get a longer hydro link).

PXL_20220729_160249899.jpg

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Later today I'm heading over to a friend's place today to cut about 12 acres of his fields. I'll need to be back over there tomorrow morning too. Since I'll be putting the MX on the trailer I got up early and made up some D-rings which I welded in place, one on each side. I wanted the ring to be lower than the guard so that I can run a single chain through both rings if necessary. However, I intend to use a chain and binder for each D-ring with two more chains connected to a shackle on the draw bar at the rear for four points of connection.

I don't have 220V in the garage at the moment (don't ask) and so ran the Millermatic 185 off the Kubota GL7000 generator. Due to the thickness of the plate and required amperage It didn't go as well as I'd hoped. I've read that welding machines don't always work well when running off generators and that seemed to be the case this morning. Anyway, I got it done and it'll do for now, but I plan on eventually upgrading the spare MX grill guard that I bought from the Messick's auction a few months ago and will do a better job. I should have 220V back in the garage by then.

d-ring.jpg

d-ring-2.jpg

mx6000_d-rings.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
The new D-rings worked great yesterday. I only need a couple of feet of chain per side with these rings and certainly not the 20ft that I currently have at each corner.

d-ring-3.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
It was 95F here yesterday afternoon and I was at my friend's place from 5pm to 10pm cutting 3ft to 8ft tall mix of grass, alfalfa, weeds and goodness knows what else. Early on I learned to go much slower through one type of weed that looks like very tall daisies (last photo). That stuff is brutal to cut. I had to remove a bunch of that crap out of the mower at one point. It was like wrapping up barbed wire on the drum! There was a group of thistles as tall as the cab ... I'm not kidding!! :oops:

The flail is doing well given the conditions, and the MX is awesome! I'm heading back out early this morning but will be on Flathead Lake this afternoon on a friend's pontoon boat so will have to go back out Sunday to try to finish. It's slow going but I'm enjoying it.

mx600_dm_00.jpg

mx600_dm_01.jpg

mx600_dm_02.jpg

mx600_dm_04.jpg

mx600_dm_05.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
A few more photos from yesterday's ordeal. As the sun began to set the mosquito attack started it and it was brutal! Getting out of the tractor to grab a water, or unhooking the trailer when it was time to head home was no fun at all. One of the downsides of living alongside a river.

The grass on the right is taller than the hood of the MX, and those fricken' daisy things are taller than that with tough green woody stems. The worst stuff I've ever cut for sure.

Being able to offset the cutting head and not drive over the grass/weeds before cutting is awesome. It keeps a lot of the seeds and other vegetation off the grill, and not driving over tall stuff and laying it down prior to cutting helps a lot. I still have to learn where to place the front wheels so that I don't miss a thin section but I'm getting better. I've learned a lot about this flail running it for five hours yesterday and it's an impressive implement.

Last year I cut this field much earlier when it was green, and used the RCR1884 rotary cutter. It would be interesting to try the rotary cutter on this stuff to see if it's easier or better. It would certainly be faster but it's a 7ft model so not apples to apples.

mx600_dm_06.jpg

mx600_dm_07.jpg

mx600_dm_08.jpg

mx600_dm_09.jpg

mx600_dm_10.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Last photos before I head out ... to show off the MX6000.

mx600_dm_11.jpg

mx600_dm_12.jpg

mx600_dm_13.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Pictures? I'm interested in something like this as well. Doesn't seem too technical but I would like to see how things fit. I literally need a box for my gloves. :D
50 Cal cans, one on each side. Made the brackets from 1" box beam to match the angle of the ROPS and hold it level. The holes drilled match existing holes in the ROPS. Not all ROPS have the extra pair of holes this low, so you might need to do something different for mounting. One of these will easily store a 20' 3/8" chain and several clevises. On the other side, I keep a few hand tools and a can of hornet spray.
IMG_2571.JPG
IMG_2569.JPG

Reactions: 4 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Another three hours cutting this morning and making some progress. You can see in the photos that the grass and weeds are taller than the hood of the MX. I've got five hours of cutting tomorrow at least. Maybe a couple of hours to finish up the field shown below and then another area that'll take three hours or so.

Now that I've been watching the flail for eight hours or more it reminds of a wood chipper the way it pulls the vegetation into the unit and mulches it. Overall I'm very impressed with the Del Morino Centurion Super 158. For such a small and compact implement it does an amazing job of mulching this stuff up. It's easy to maneuver, it's smooth running, it's much quieter than the tractor, it's compact, and it cuts very well leaving a decent finish.

mx600_dm_14.jpg

mx600_dm_15.jpg

mx600_dm_16.jpg

mx600_dm_17.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Went to the farm yesterday and mowed and did some cleaning. It is amazing how much the weeds can quickly over take everything. I pulled weeds at one of the barns. Pulled out a couple tree stumps because the ground was soft from all the rain.

In addition, I pulled weeds at the farm house. We use the side door and don't use the back door much. So, we hadn't noticed how bad it the weeds had gotten on the backside.

Here is a before
Before weeding.jpg

After

After weeding.jpg

Told dad we needed to break out the pressure washer and clean up the siding. The north side needs a good washing every couple of years.

Reactions: 2 users

forky

Equipment
L2501 HST 4X4 8N
Feb 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Another three hours cutting this morning and making some progress. You can see in the photos that the grass and weeds are taller than the hood of the MX. I've got five hours of cutting tomorrow at least. Maybe a couple of hours to finish up the field shown below and then another area that'll take three hours or so.

Now that I've been watching the flail for eight hours or more it reminds of a wood chipper the way it pulls the vegetation into the unit and mulches it. Overall I'm very impressed with the Del Morino Centurion Super 158. For such a small and compact implement it does an amazing job of mulching this stuff up. It's easy to maneuver, it's smooth running, it's much quieter than the tractor, it's compact, and it cuts very well leaving a decent finish.

View attachment 84517

View attachment 84518

View attachment 84519

View attachment 84520
Does the cut material have a use? If not, what is the purpose of cutting it?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Does the cut material have a use? If not, what is the purpose of cutting it?
Why do people cut their lawns?

I don't know ... how about weed control, aesthetics, fire control to name a few reasons.

Last edited:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Back out at my friend's place today to finish up. I started cutting around 10am and didn't finish until 6.30pm or so. A long day but worth it. I think I have approximately 16 hours cutting this time around but his fields were way more overgrown this year. I went through about 25 gallons of fuel running the flail at 540 rpm.

It was a real struggle at times cutting the awful daisy type weeds. It was slow going and tedious when I had to get out and cut weeds off the drum. The flail does a good job though but you have to realize its limitations. You can't stuff too much into the box for mulching or else it's going to bog down.

We're discussing the idea of plowing up the big field and planting sunflowers. Not sure what I'd need to buy in order to do that but it's an idea at this stage.

mx600_dm_18.jpg

mx600_dm_19.jpg

mx600_dm_20.jpg

mx600_dm_21.jpg

mx600_dm_22.jpg

mx600_dm_23.jpg

mx600_dm_24.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Back out at my friend's place today to finish up. I started cutting around 10am and didn't finish until 6.30pm or so. A long day but worth it. I think I have approximately 16 hours cutting this time around but his fields were way more overgrown this year. I went through about 25 gallons of fuel running the flail at 540 rpm.

It was a real struggle at times cutting the awful daisy type weeds. It was slow going and tedious when I had to get out and cut weeds off the drum. The flail does a good job though but you have to realize its limitations. You can't stuff too much into the box for mulching or else it's going to bog down.

We're discussing the idea of plowing up the big field and planting sunflowers. Not sure what I'd need to buy in order to do that but it's an idea at this stage.

View attachment 84593

View attachment 84594

View attachment 84595

View attachment 84596

View attachment 84597

View attachment 84598

View attachment 84599
You have your friend’s place looking good!

If you’re thinking about raising sunflowers, or any other crop, but aren’t exactly clear on all the details of doing so, a call (and maybe visit) with the local ag extension service will usually put you closer to the pin with a comprehensive plan than about anything else you could do. Just a suggestion.

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
You have your friend’s place looking good!

If you’re thinking about raising sunflowers, or any other crop, but aren’t exactly clear on all the details of doing so, a call (and maybe visit) with the local ag extension service will usually put you closer to the pin with a comprehensive plan than about anything else you could do. Just a suggestion.
Good idea. It's best to get on this sooner rather than later in case there's a need to start preparation this fall. My friend had CHS come out a few years ago to seed the big field for alfalfa, clover and a mix of grasses but it was full of weeds from the get go. I know he doesn't want to deal with 4ft tall weeds every year since he's already been cited by the county.

He has bees and wants to plant something that will keep weeds down, provide a food source for the bees, and look good. I'd buy a couple of pieces of equipment to help him out, and maybe use at my own place too. He doesn't have much in the way of rocks in the ground which is a big plus.

Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I made a post last week about adding D-rings to the MX up front. They work really well (see below) and the binders stay nice and tight the entire time. I need to add some to the M6060 which has a different grill guard without the nice flat areas, but I can figure it out.

I need to do something similar toward the rear of the MX and M tractors too. I don't like using the draw bar to secure the tractor on the trailer. The bar bends under load and the binders/chains end up getting loose during the trip from A to B. I need to weld/bolt on D-rings in a location that makes sense in the overall scheme of securing the tractor on the trailer.

So how do folks here secure the back of the tractor when towing. Draw bar, 3-point, something else?

mx6000_d-rings_2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users