I'm easily offended I guess...

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I just realized that I do not like the Ms replacement for MRS. or Miss.

I feel discriminated against! Why should I have to live with Mr. when the other gender can choose between three: Mrs., Miss, or Ms.

It's time all us guys to band together and DEMAND equality!

It is obvious that EVERYONE should simply be addressed as M. Nothing else is fair.

What the hell is wrong with this country?
Please excuse Henro for his irrational behavior. He is going through Menopause and his mood swings are getting the best of him. Henro, when your body feels hot, take a cold shower, and when it feels cold take a warm bath. It is the estrogen in your body screwing up your mind, causing mood swings. It will pass in a few years.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
I think I see you are located in Western PA too. Are you an import?

Just curious because when I was growing up we did drink "Pop" and not soda, being born here. First time I heard the term soda was when I visited my cousin in Wisconsin...

Yinz and Yoooz guys are just two different ways to say the same thing I think...

"Jeat yet" is another local question that comes to mind from my childhood days...shortened form of "did you eat yet?"

I will bet there are a lot more...maybe I can find some next time I go duntown... :LOL:
NEPA born and raised! Some say we talk funny around here!

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Please excuse Henro for his irrational behavior. He is going through Menopause and his mood swings are getting the best of him. Henro, when your body feels hot, take a cold shower, and when it feels cold take a warm bath. It is the estrogen in your body screwing up your mind, causing mood swings. It will pass in a few years.
Does this mean I better get my testosterone level checked? :unsure: I will ask my PCP next time if she can give me a second opinion!

For more reasons than one I think this could be a good idea!

Not doing too bad on that end though...I could spell it correctly without a spell check, then had to do a web search to make sure I got it right! :oops:

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
Here in the San Francisco of the east Maine when you get your driver's license and are unsure of your plumbing you can have the gender box marked with the X other.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
What's a trigger? I am always the last to know...
Don't feel bad I'm right there with ya.. I've learned more words in the last five years that I never even knew existed! I still don't know if I really know what they mean!😏

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Reference to this article:

Only in America. Yikes
i’m going to do my mower deck maintenance now, and then cut some grass.

I haven’t even understood what woke is, even though I’ve tried. Now I have to learn and internalize trigger!

No hope for me from what I can see!

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Does this mean I better get my testosterone level checked? :unsure: I will ask my PCP next time if she can give me a second opinion!

For more reasons than one I think this could be a good idea!

Not doing too bad on that end though...I could spell it correctly without a spell check, then had to do a web search to make sure I got it right! :oops:
Not to worry Henro my friend, nothing wrong with getting old. Remember when we'd say make mine a double and we were talking about alcohol but now it means a couple little blue pills. As long as you're still having fun buddy. ;):LOL:

Hunters gun

Equipment
“My gun collection is bigger than your gun collection”
Oct 18, 2021
PA
In the South it is neither a pop nor a soda. It's a cold drank. 😋
Now hold on a dang minute there…..
I was told down in them southern states every soda was called a “coke”?????
Like even if yin’s want a root beer, then it’s “get me a root beer coke”???????

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Not to worry Henro my friend, nothing wrong with getting old. Remember when we'd say make mine a double and we were talking about alcohol but now it means a couple little blue pills. As long as you're still having fun buddy. ;):LOL:
Yep, getting old is something us lucky ones can experience. 😀 Still trying to figure out when that happens, but at 75 I am starting to feel I am getting close.

Some are not so fortunate.

Sometimes I think I did my best not to get here. :oops:

Reactions: 1 users

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
drinks are called cokes here.

Everything else is Tea. Sweet or unsweet.

Note that I don't drink alcohol no more so I won't comment on that.

Unfortunately the southern thing is slowly disappearing, southern states are getting infiltrated with yankees and liberals looking for a cheaper, less restricted place to call home. It's my understanding that the great state of Texas is seeing about 1000 Kalifornians moving in every day. Between them and the illegal aliens, my friend who lives near Laredo, says "I don't know which is the worse problem".

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
It used to be Coke to describe any type of soda where I grew up in central Alabama. I remember as a kid asking for a Coke at a small gas station with cooler behind counter, and before I could clarify which kind, the clerk pulled out a can of Coke and popped the top for me. I didn't want an actual Coke, but I didn't say anything, because I technically asked for a Coke and he had opened it already.

Cold drank, as Magicman says seems to be a more common term in the south. But, I don't even know how common that is now.

pgmrdan

Aug 16, 2017
USA
Next time a female refers to you, or anyone one of us males as “Sir”, kindly respond with a thank you “Ma’am”.….and then watch for the response as your running away…lol.
I frequently reply to grown up females with "Yes ma'am." It's respectful in the South and I grew up close enough to the South to use it. I've never seen anyone offended by it although I've heard that some women are. I think it depends upon your tone when you say it as to whether or not you are perceived as being sarcastic.

pgmrdan

Aug 16, 2017
USA
It used to be Coke to describe any type of soda where I grew up in central Alabama. I remember as a kid asking for a Coke at a small gas station with cooler behind counter, and before I could clarify which kind, the clerk pulled out a can of Coke and popped the top for me. I didn't want an actual Coke, but I didn't say anything, because I technically asked for a Coke and he had opened it already.

Cold drank, as Magicman says seems to be a more common term in the south. But, I don't even know how common that is now.
While traveling through Illinois with a group of other teenagers we stopped for a bathroom and snack break. One of the others asked at the counter for a soda and the clerk replied, "I'm sorry but we're all out of ice cream." Took a couple seconds to get through that the customer wanted a "pop".