Ukraine

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I dont think nukes will be involved,, I just know I went through one shooting war, and Im too damned old for another one.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Russian President Vladimir Putin's invasion of Ukraine is increasingly targeting civilians as his military runs into a fiercer-than-expected resistance and more and more refugees head to the border.

Meanwhile, his government has tightened its grip on the media to control what Russians see and think:

• Censorship: A new law makes discrediting the Russian military punishable by hefty fines or up to 15 years in prison. The law against "fake" news prohibits making references to the military operation in Ukraine as an "attack, invasion or declaration of war."
  • Information crackdown: Western news sites and Facebook have been blocked to keep information from the population.
  • Mass arrests: More than 13,000 people have been arrested in Russia in anti-war demonstrations, according to an independent monitoring group, although CNN cannot verify the numbers.
What this means for Russia: The country and government have been "authoritarian for a long time, it's getting worse and worse and worse,"

Reactions: 1 user

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Russian President Vladimir Putin's invasion of Ukraine is increasingly targeting civilians as his military runs into a fiercer-than-expected resistance and more and more refugees head to the border.

Meanwhile, his government has tightened its grip on the media to control what Russians see and think:

• Censorship: A new law makes discrediting the Russian military punishable by hefty fines or up to 15 years in prison. The law against "fake" news prohibits making references to the military operation in Ukraine as an "attack, invasion or declaration of war."
  • Information crackdown: Western news sites and Facebook have been blocked to keep information from the population.
  • Mass arrests: More than 13,000 people have been arrested in Russia in anti-war demonstrations, according to an independent monitoring group, although CNN cannot verify the numbers.
What this means for Russia: The country and government have been "authoritarian for a long time, it's getting worse and worse and worse,"
Eventually the people will rise up.

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
I agree that at some point the citizens of Russia will likely rise up in widespread protest of the war.
The issue is that countless lives will be lost in both Ukraine and Russia. Before the "luna Tick" hiding behind a 30' table at one of his many mansions in Russia is toppled. I would expect it will be someone in his inner circle that finally comes to terms that Russia has lost control of the war as well as their population.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
was reported the USA is still buying 70 million in oil from Russia, per day
I know, 'drop in the bucket' but yeesh... that's a LOT of greenbacks going there... 'Putin on the rich'..

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
I know, 'drop in the bucket' but yeesh... that's a LOT of greenbacks going there... 'Putin on the rich'..
Yes, I have read that as well. Germany and others keep buying gas through the pipelines as well.

Funding both sides. Perhaps a war is what is wanted.....by many.

ccoon520

Equipment
L2501 w/ FEL
Apr 15, 2019
IA
It looks like a decision is going to be made today for the US to stop buying Russian oil. Will have to wait and see.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
President Biden is expected to announce a ban on Russian oil imports to the U.S. on Tuesday morning amid bipartisan pressure, FOX Business has learned, as Russia continues its invasion of Ukraine for a thirteenth day.

The president is set to make remarks from the White House on Tuesday morning at 10:45 a.m. ET, where he will announce "actions to continue to hold Russia accountable for its unprovoked and unjustified war on Ukraine."

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
This came in "the News" today.

NEW: Ukraine rejects Russian offer to let civilians flee to Russia - NBC

What would be the reasons for Ukraine to reject the offer?

[end quote]

A troubling position to keep folks in harm's way.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH

Censorship is bad. When one side censors the other side because they don't like the narrative, people are misled. You have been a cause of this as well.

The MSM is the root of most of these problems but we see it every day in other places as well (like OTT for instance).

Odd that you put it down in one instance but get right behind it in others.

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901, 5' Bush Hog
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
I read an article a couple of days ago that I can't find now. It asserts that Russia is a key supplier of fertilizer.
For those who grow crops for a living, what are the prospects for getting the crops out this year and next? Planting season is a few weeks out here.

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
I read an article a couple of days ago that I can't find now. It asserts that Russia is a key supplier of fertilizer.
For those who grow crops for a living, what are the prospects for getting the crops out this year and next? Planting season is a few weeks out here.
I'm not a Farmer but know a lot of them, it's not going to be pretty.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ya might want to think about farmers fuel costs, stuff will grow with out additives ,maybe not as well but all the farmer costs will be passed to us the daily consumer,, today might be a good day to make friends with a farmer

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Nitrogen Fertilizer Production
  1. China
  2. India
  3. United Stated
  4. Russia
  5. Canada

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
This came in "the News" today.

"NEW: Ukraine rejects Russian offer to let civilians flee to Russia - NBC
What would be the reasons for Ukraine to reject the offer?"

A troubling position to keep folks in harm's way.
Did you read the "terms" of the ceasefire.

Yea by all means agree to let your people be marched into ONLY Russian territory to me killed, jailed, or just further oppressed by the Russian government.

Would you agree to these terms.

"Russia declares a ceasefire from 10 a.m. (Moscow time) on March 8, and is ready to provide humanitarian corridors: from Kyiv and adjacent settlements to the Russian Federation through the territory of the Republic of Belarus to Gomel," Russian media quotes the statement.

The Russian statement added that evacuation corridors "will also be open from Chernihiv through the territory of Belarus, from the city of Sumy along two routes to Poltava and to the territory of Russia, from Kharkiv to the territory of Russia or to Lviv, Uzhgorod, Ivano-Frankivsk. Also, a humanitarian corridor will be opened from Mariupol along the two routes to the territory of Russia and Zaporizhie.”

Russia said it is offering to agree on the plan for the evacuation corridors with Ukraine by 3 a.m. ET Moscow time on Tuesday, ahead of the ceasefire starting at 10 a.m. ET local time.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Censorship is bad. When one side censors the other side because they don't like the narrative, people are misled. You have been a cause of this as well.

The MSM is the root of most of these problems but we see it every day in other places as well (like OTT for instance).

Odd that you put it down in one instance but get right behind it in others.

What NHSleddog is so brilliantly stating, is that I censored his and others posts on political happenings, he didn't think I was being fair, he thought because I only had time to go back several pages of posts and delete political post from everyone, that I was directly picking on him so he's bashing me for it. Oh and FYI: it was Quite a few years ago, I guess he didn't get over it, and can't move on.

There NHSleddog, see I didn't sensor your disruptive OFF the thread topic post one bit!

58Ford

Equipment
BX23s, LA340, BT603, RCR1248, PFL1242, STB1072
Jan 1, 2022
SW Washington
What NHSleddog is so brilliantly stating, is that I censored his and others posts on political happenings, he didn't think I was being fair, he thought because I only had time to go back several pages of posts and delete political post from everyone, that I was directly picking on him so he's bashing me for it. Oh and FYI: it was Quite a few years ago, I guess he didn't get over it, and can't move on.
You are openly admitting that you selectively (due to time constraints) deleted posts? As an admin? That is poor form in anyones eyes I suspect. No one wants to be admin - I get it - it’s a thankless job - but if you aren’t going to admin properly why do it?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
If it was me I would shut the thread down,, cause too many of you guys have got to show your arses and dont know how to be respectful,, but thats just me

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Here is a video from BBC showing some of the evacuations or at least the attempt at it.