Ukraine

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Yeah me too. I am too new here to know who everyone is but was absolutely stunned by a moderator admitting that he doesn’t do his job properly and then has a go at the guy for not getting over it.

As is said - too new but a new site will likely happen if admin is admitting that they single out posters because they don’t have the time to act consistently. All forums need moderators that apply the forum rules equally.

I want to be clear here - I don’t have a dog in this fight - don’t care what the guy posted that got his posts removed and I don’t plan on doing the same as I can conduct myself appropriately in public. A bad moderator can end a forum pretty quick - I’ve seen it happen.
Just my 2c.

FYI - I’ved moved on. Back OT:
I left TBN, due to ridiculous actions by moderators,........ after I had more than 10,000 posts there.

Last edited:

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
Please Quit posting Fake news reports, it's already been proven to be a fake.
It's a over dubbed video from a climate change protest in Vienna.
You are obviously correct, because,, well, NEWS!

What some may fail to grasp is "It IS ALL Fake NEWS"

"It is always a challenge to get accurate information during wartime. You can also be sure that an avalanche of propaganda and disinformation are coming in the wake of such events in the world. It is said that propaganda is the most important front in a war. We can look back on conflicts from the beginning of the 20th century until now and see that this method has played a major role in every one of them. War propaganda has existed since ancient times but in the modern era of high-speed mass communication, it plays a bigger part than ever in manipulating civilian populations. Public support is necessary for a successful war effort, and governments throughout history have lied, deceived, and used manipulation tactics to achieve it."

You just prefer to hear some over the other.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
twomany,
I'm really trying to figure out your angle???

You either want us to roll over and lick ourselves,
or
You want us to storm in there guns a blazing?
or
You think Russia and Putin are completely right in there actions?

So confused????

Reactions: 1 user

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
North Idaho Wolfman is a fair moderator, and like all of us, he might make a bad call, but I don't see him as an overbearing type of moderator. There is another tractor forum where if you sneeze, they will ban you. Just keep in mind that you are a guest in their house, and you have to play by their rules. Don't agree with their rules, then go somewhere else. The moderators here are a lot more tolerant than on many other forums that I have visited. In fact, sometimes I think that they are overly tolerant, allowing some 'transgressions' to slide by them without comment.
twomany,
I'm really trying to figure out your angle???

You either want us to roll over and lick ourselves,
or
You want us to storm in there guns a blazing?
or
You think Russia and Putin are completely right in there actions?

So confused????
I want us all to THINK and not be lead around like a bunch of sheep.

It is difficult to keep "politics" out of a tractor forum.

But

If you "think" V. Putin is a mad man. it is due to the media putting that thought in you.

Have you followed any of his comment or presentations? Really? I see he is protecting the well being of a massive nation, filled with caring and significant individuals. Both physically and morally. Have you ever worked with any Russian people? They are no different than you or I!

Is the badness of men of the recent past embodied in, Stalin, Lenin, Pol Pot, Xi, Maduro, Chavez, Kokomeini etc, or is it the results of the PEOPLE reacting to their own ill intended concepts? Did M. Gaddafi not have a family? Love his wife and children?

The evil is in Power. "Power corrupts, and absolute power Corrupts absolutely."

The power of the media
The power of mock representative governments
The power of a smash and grab group

Would you be a willing and submissive resident of Donetsk? Palestine or Libya? a Uyghur or Hutu?

"In order for ill will to prevail, it is only necessary for good men to do nothing"

I only offer "NEWS" (varied perspectives gleaned from the internet) from Ukrainia. The topic of this thread.

Some seem to "LIKE" it, Some do not. I could care less what others like.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
You are obviously correct, because,, well, NEWS!

What some may fail to grasp is "It IS ALL Fake NEWS"

"It is always a challenge to get accurate information during wartime. You can also be sure that an avalanche of propaganda and disinformation are coming in the wake of such events in the world. It is said that propaganda is the most important front in a war. We can look back on conflicts from the beginning of the 20th century until now and see that this method has played a major role in every one of them. War propaganda has existed since ancient times but in the modern era of high-speed mass communication, it plays a bigger part than ever in manipulating civilian populations. Public support is necessary for a successful war effort, and governments throughout history have lied, deceived, and used manipulation tactics to achieve it."

You just prefer to hear some over the other.
Da Putin propaganda man

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
It is so sad, as it is with every war, to see the children killed. The attack on the hospital, I don't understand. Why would the target the hospital? Was it close to military facility and it accidently got bombed?

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
In my world, publishing known fake news would carry a death sentence.

The MSM would "get honest" over night.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Who was in office when Putin took over Crimea?

What did they do about it? How did they respond?

This current episode seems familiar.

• Dislike

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
It is really very simple,, you dont like how the place is run,, leave and start your own site, no one will notice or GAF, especially me

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
One only hopes that the flood of anti aircraft / tank missiles getting into Ukraine will bleed the Russians enough to consider, at least, a truce leading to talks.
I'm just not sure how those talks would go except for "get the f*ck out"

Even at this point try giving some thought to what its going to take to put this country back together again. I'm afraid its only going to get worse with Russia really pulverizing the cities and infrastructure.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
One only hopes that the flood of anti aircraft / tank missiles getting into Ukraine will bleed the Russians enough to consider, at least, a truce leading to talks.

Even at this point try giving some thought to what its going to take to put this country back together again. I'm afraid its only going to get worse with Russia really pulverizing the cities and infrastructure.
Even if Russia occupies Ukraine, it will not go well for Russia. Ukrainian citizens will continue to snipe, bomb, and create Russian casualties.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
(Link Deleted by MOD, link posted was requesting payment.)

Technology is the answer!
What was the question?

Last edited by a moderator:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan

I have the sense that Putin is saying if the country isn't rolling over and he isn't getting what he wants, that he is going to reduce it to rubble out of sheer meanness.

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
It used to be with media, Trust, but verify. After the past 5 years of Trump hating, it is now verify before trust with all the media outlets.

Remember from the very beginning in 2017 it was Russia Russia Russia in all the media outlets, only to find out that there never was a Russia in all that reporting. Here we are again, Russia Russia Russia, but what is it about? SO many angles, but no real reporting. The only news outlet I have found that is straight up reporting news, without any opinions or side stories or angles, just reporting it was it is shown, is NTD. Even then, verify that what they report is true.

For the past two years we were lied to about Covid, lied to for four years over Trump, how many lies are they telling now over the Russia/Ukraine conflict?

• Dislike
Reactions: 8 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
It used to be with media, Trust, but verify. After the past 5 years of Trump hating, it is now verify before trust with all the media outlets.

Remember from the very beginning in 2017 it was Russia Russia Russia in all the media outlets, only to find out that there never was a Russia in all that reporting. Here we are again, Russia Russia Russia, but what is it about? SO many angles, but no real reporting. The only news outlet I have found that is straight up reporting news, without any opinions or side stories or angles, just reporting it was it is shown, is NTD. Even then, verify that what they report is true.

For the past two years we were lied to about Covid, lied to for four years over Trump, how many lies are they telling now over the Russia/Ukraine conflict?
So one country positions masses of military hardware and personnel on the border, then invades another country, and it is not obvious who the aggressor is?

And they attack civilian targets, and this is also acceptable?

Not in my world.

AT the risk of sounding political, it is really "Lied to BY TRUMP" , NOT over Trump...

Oh well, we must live in alternate universes...

• Dislike
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users