Ukraine

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Seems like some simple minded solution like a few non NATO countries could quietly pool a stock of planes, paint them all black, or blue and yellow, and establish the no fly zone. Putin wouldnā€™t know who to attack. Doing nothing until Ukraine is destroyed is unacceptable.

Reactions: 1 users

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6ā€™ cutter, forks, 8ā€™ rear blade, 7ā€™ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Yeah, I noticed that early on, and not only old equipment, but not very experienced soldiers. I think Putin is using the Russian playbook from WWII. When fighting the Germans, they would send in the inexperienced troops first as cannon fodder to wear down the enemy and save the crack troops for later.
There are stories in the news that much of the old armored vehicles are down because the cheap Chinese tires are failing.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Putin is feeling the pressure.
The rich Russians are starting to push for him to stop the war immediately , because they are loosing billions!

Putin is now saying that if we cut off sales of their oil products its a declaration of war, since when has not wanting to buy a war crime.

All along Putin has been saying "We only want to liberate the Ukrainian people from a Nazi regime"
now he's changing his tune, now it's " your going to loose your statehood if don't just give up".

Moldova has filed to be part of the EU, and there is serious talks about Finland and Sweden becoming part of NATO.

To all that think that the Ukrainian people really do want to be part of Russia.
Why has there been ~1.5 million people trying to get to Poland (NATO protected) , and several other "western" countries, and only ~53,000 to Russia and 406 to Belarus?

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Only information / opinions on the events in Ukraine.
Nothing more about which politician did what!
Now, then, or whenever!
If you don't think this event is important enough to keep on point, just stay off of this thread.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont

• Dislike
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6ā€™ cutter, forks, 8ā€™ rear blade, 7ā€™ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
šŸ’©šŸ’©šŸ’©šŸ’©šŸ’©šŸ’©šŸ’©šŸ’©šŸ’©

Putinā€™s propaganda pusher

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
We need to stop the invasion of the U.S. Along our southern border before we even think about Ukraine. George Washington said don't get involved with the affairs of Europe
It's not that I am not mad & sickened by the Russians but for the USA to intervene probably means nuclear war.

Last edited:

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
If you disagree with someone's posted link why not post a like supporting your thoughts? Name calling is childish!
If you disagree with someone's posted link why not post a like supporting your thoughts? Name calling is childish!
Have you looked at the history of the poster I replied to? It is offensive with his constant posting of Putin propaganda.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Have you looked at the history of the poster I replied to? It is offensive with his constant posting of Putin propaganda.
No, I have not followed any post. If you are offended by post, name calling has no purpose, except belittles you. Either ignore the offensive post or post something supporting your ideas. That kind of activity does no good for the forum either. Be respectful, even if it hurts.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Jyoutz, here's an example of stating your opinion without calling names! ;)

Summer is coming on and most all of us have to be concerned about ticks.

1646663821688.png

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

BruceP

Equipment
G5200H
Aug 7, 2016
Richmond, Vermont, USA
My fear is that the actions of Russia may embolden China into Taiwan.

(China has long believed that Tiawan is part of their country...not unlike Russia/Ukraine)

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Jyoutz, here's an example of stating your opinion without calling names! ;)

Summer is coming on and most all of us have to be concerned about ticks.

View attachment 76178
I like the diagram. Once again the poster Iā€™m referring to keeps posting Putin propaganda.

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
My fear is that the actions of Russia may embolden China into Taiwan.

(China has long believed that Tiawan is part of their country...not unlike Russia/Ukraine)
That is probably going to happen real soon. China has issued some propaganda supporting Russia's Ukraine " peace keeping " war .
Plus the whole world knows our promises to protect & help defend allies & such as just hot air out our butt

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I like the diagram. Once again the poster Iā€™m referring to keeps posting Putin propaganda.
If there ever was a good example of Gish Gallop. . .

The Gish gallop is a rhetorical technique in which a person in a debate attempts to overwhelm their opponent by providing an excessive number of arguments with no regard for the accuracy or strength of those arguments.

Reactions: 2 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Lots to unpack. Ukraine is not without it's troubles.
Go back and look at USA history, there's been some marks on our past too.

If you look at all the reports, current government has been working at an exponential rate to eliminate corruption in their system.

Ukraine was the most populous and industrialized republic after the Russian Soviet Republic until regaining its independence in 1991, following the dissolution of the Soviet Union.

Following its independence, Ukraine formed a unitary republic under a semi-presidential system, with separation of powers into legislative, executive, and judicial branches. It declared itself a neutral state, forming a limited military partnership with Russia and other CIS countries while also establishing a partnership with NATO in 1994. In 2013, after President Viktor Yanukovych suspended the Ukraineā€“European Union Association Agreement in favor of closer economic ties with Russia, mass protests and demonstrations known as the Euromaidan erupted, escalating into the Revolution of Dignity that led to the overthrow of Yanukovych and the establishment of a new government. These events formed the background for Russia's annexation of Crimea in March 2014 and the War in Donbas the following month, a protracted conflict with Russian-backed separatists that culminated in a Russian invasion in February 2022. Ukraine has continued seeking closer economic, political, and military ties with the West amid continuing war with Russia.

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
I think that to settle this, what we need is a tractor "pull off" between Zelinsky and Putin..... šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Reactions: 3 users