Kubota 3rd Valve Kit vs Land Pride/Summit, etc (LX2610/L535)

RobocopDJ

Equipment
LX2610, LP grapple, LP Rear blade
Dec 22, 2021
Indiana
Apologies if this has been asked, but a search did not show it. Opinions on the hard line Kubota 3rd Function valve kit vs those that use hoses, such as Land Pride/Summit,etc? Every Kubota dealer I have called automatically quotes me the Land Pride kit, even if I specify the Kubota (B1653 I believe). I already have a grapple, but do not yet have the 3rd function so that I can put it to use. Thanks!

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Apologies if this has been asked, but a search did not show it. Opinions on the hard line Kubota 3rd Function valve kit vs those that use hoses, such as Land Pride/Summit,etc? Every Kubota dealer I have called automatically quotes me the Land Pride kit, even if I specify the Kubota (B1653 I believe). I already have a grapple, but do not yet have the 3rd function so that I can put it to use. Thanks!
I can't comment on the hard line version since I have no experience with it, but I've been using Land Pride's hose version for six years, which includes five years on a BX25D, one year on an MX6000 and a few weeks on another MX6000 and have nothing but good experiences with all of them. I like the Land Pride kit for looks and function.

Reactions: 1 user

Njtool

Equipment
Lx2610 HSDC. BH77 backhoe
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
I have a 2610 cab with a kubota 3rd function kit. My dealer prefers them to others. There is a heavy metal guard around the valves which I’m told others don’t offer.

The biggest difference is the control stick. The buttons to control the 3rd function are more comfortable and placed in better positions. As well as the shape of the stick. Actually the kubota kit comes with a new stick and replacement interior panel in order to accommodate the wires etc. it’s a very nice factory addition

I can post pics if you are interested. I would try to get the kubota 3rd function if you could. However, there might be a heck of a wait for one.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I have a 2610 cab with a kubota 3rd function kit. My dealer prefers them to others. There is a heavy metal guard around the valves which I’m told others don’t offer.

The biggest difference is the control stick. The buttons to control the 3rd function are more comfortable and placed in better positions. As well as the shape of the stick. Actually the kubota kit comes with a new stick and replacement interior panel in order to accommodate the wires etc. it’s a very nice factory addition

I can post pics if you are interested. I would try to get the kubota 3rd function if you could. However, there might be a heck of a wait for one.
Agreed.

I have the Kubota third function systems on my B3350, L6060, and M9960.

No problems. No issues.

SDT

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I have a LandPride true 3rd function valve, and it is plumbed with hoses. From memory, the loader valve is also plumbed with some hoses on the BX23S. As for having a cover on the valve, the BX23S didn't come with one, and I don't believe that one is available with or without the 3rd function valve. Personally, I don't like the fact that the valve has no protection whatsoever from the tire kicking something into the valve. I believe that someone should come up with a guard for the valve, but it isn't going to be me, since I am not that good of a fabricator.

Njtool

Equipment
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
I have a LandPride true 3rd function valve, and it is plumbed with hoses. From memory, the loader valve is also plumbed with some hoses on the BX23S. As for having a cover on the valve, the BX23S didn't come with one, and I don't believe that one is available with or without the 3rd function valve. Personally, I don't like the fact that the valve has no protection whatsoever from the tire kicking something into the valve. I believe that someone should come up with a guard for the valve, but it isn't going to be me, since I am not that good of a fabricator.
Yes. My point was that the kubota has a thick metal shield that bolts on and protects the valve. Other companies like land pride, do not.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Yes. My point was that the kubota has a thick metal shield that bolts on and protects the valve. Other companies like land pride, do not.
Not for the BX23S that I know of. If it is available for the B, then it can be bought from the parts department as a separate item.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I installed the Summit 3rd Function Kit on my B2650. Write up with pics: Summit 3rd Function Install
See post #19 for the shield I fabbed up from some angle iron that used the same mounting holes as the valve body bracket did. Pretty simple and does a good job.......so far......

Mike_I

Equipment
LX2610 cab
Jan 20, 2022
North Idaho

I would like to see pictures of new stick/interior panel.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana

Is the Land Pride kit and the Kubota kit one and the same. I've had all three tractors delivered with the factory 3rd function installed and have always assumed that the kits were Land Pride by Kubota.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Is the Land Pride kit and the Kubota kit one and the same. I've had all three tractors delivered with the factory 3rd function installed and have always assumed that the kits were Land Pride by Kubota.
No, they are different.

Kubota does not offer a factory third function valve for the MX6000 (unless things have changed within the last few weeks). All third function valves used on the MX 6000 are aftermarket.

SDT

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
No, they are different.

Kubota does not offer a factory third function valve for the MX6000 (unless things have changed within the last few weeks). All third function valves used on the MX 6000 are aftermarket.

SDT
Since Kubota owns Land Pride is the kit truly "aftermarket"?

Njtool

Equipment
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
I love it. The OP had an LX2610 and asked about a third function kit for that tractor.

Land pride is different than Kubota. The sticks are different. The buttons are different. The valves are different. Kubota parts say kubota, LP stuff says LP.

Compare the style of the stick and the placement of the buttons between my pics and LP stuff. The top of the stick is ergonomic, the buttons are placed in a comfortable position. The power button is on the easy access.
D6021573-C7D5-4EE0-A7A1-15B0CC757CDA.jpeg
E6FE9252-B94F-4ECF-BA03-EF8C8BF4AC0E.jpeg
CF8F4636-9F06-4B5E-9DD3-9F4E29BDE52C.jpeg
CF8F4636-9F06-4B5E-9DD3-9F4E29BDE52C.jpeg
E6FE9252-B94F-4ECF-BA03-EF8C8BF4AC0E.jpeg
D6021573-C7D5-4EE0-A7A1-15B0CC757CDA.jpeg

bronc71

Equipment
BX25D
Feb 25, 2021
North Idaho
Ive got the LP 3rd function, it came with all hoses. I thought it looked sloppy, I ordered hard line and bent them up to fit properly under the tractor, I used the hoses on the loader arms only. It works great, the grapple is my favorite implement.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I had the Land Pride 3rd function kits on both my Kubota's L3901 and MX5800 and was happy with them.

akston

Equipment
Kubota LX3310
Aug 28, 2021
Michigan
Here’s a pretty good comparison video:

I went with the Kubota kit and haven’t regretted it one bit.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Compare the style of the stick and the placement of the buttons between my pics and LP stuff. The top of the stick is ergonomic, the buttons are placed in a comfortable position. The power button is on the easy access.
Here are the Land Pride controls on both MX tractors. I was also able to find some photos of the Land Pride kit that I had on the BX25D. I don't find the Land Pride kits to be unergonomic and they look good to me. I actually don't like the aesthetics of the Kubota controls but maybe that's because I'm used to looking at and putting my hands on three sets of Land Pride controls.

1.jpg

9.jpg

3rd function 1.jpg

3rd function 2.jpg

Last edited:

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
I went with the OEM Kubota one for My LX2610. Mostly for the shield on the valve and the hard lines on the loader frame.
Only thing that I didn't like about it. But I will admit it's unlikely a better way to route them is the hoses from the valve to the hard lines on the loader run on the outside of the loader frame. That was the biggest reason I did not get the swift tach loader is how the loader hoses were routed.

Attachments