HF

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Im not saying things are getting bad, but I stopped in HF today and their shelves are pretty bare

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Im not saying things are getting bad, but I stopped in HF today and their shelves are pretty bare
We've been looking at a Sonos Arc sound bar lately but it's a lot of money, been back and forth on that one.

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Was at Fleet Farm on Saturday and things are getting bare there as well. Half the hydraulic fittings were non existent. The ammo shelves were quite empty, and the HVAC section was getting there as well. There was a wall for lures with very few lures on it.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
We've been looking at a Sonos Arc sound bar lately but it's a lot of money, been back and forth on that one.
those things are awesome; albeit pricy. When I started the new job, they are in the same building as an electronics store, so I get to play with that stuff from time to time. Boss says that JBL just sent out a notice that most items were expecting to have a roughly 24% price increase. Sonos already had one, probably another one coming I'm guessing. I try to stay out of the electronics store....way too easy to blow a paycheck!

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I was at the new Tractor Supply near the farm, pricing a 1 x 8 bolt. Their was no price posted for the bolts. I asked at the price register - $4.99/lb for grade 5 and $6.49 for grade 8.
On the way home today I stopped at that store. Same, no prices posted, but I found one hidden on the grade 8 for $5.09.
So I figure bolts are up around 25%. Heard financial dude on the radio say inflation was/is the highest in 30 years.
Remember stagflation?

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901, 5' Bush Hog
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
I stocked up on motor oils a couple of months ago. Talked with a contractor today who has 3 large trucks, a couple of dozers, excavators, and a skid steer. He says that he can't find motor oil anywhere in the area.

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
I thought about this the other day. CVS is about our of cough medicine. The few they do have is limited to a box or two.

In walking to the back of the store I was shocked to see more shelf space empty than full. The only place I haven't noticed this is Costco.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Yep the times are a changing and not for the good. My old beagle was having problems with his glands so we call the vet to get him looked after. They said they were sorry but they couldn't take him so we called every other vet on the island here with the same answer. What can ya do so You Tubed how to do it myself, not sure which one of us was more happy when it was over. o_O:rolleyes:

ccoon520

Equipment
L2501 w/ FEL
Apr 15, 2019
IA
Quite strange, everything around me (minus car dealerships) are full up on inventory. Even ammo on the walmart shelves. Guess it is good to be in the larger town that has all the stores of BFE sometimes.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Asked local Kubota dealer if they were having trouble getting tractors, and the answer was no, but the 805 loaders were scarce. Techs that wanted to work was another matter.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Asked local Kubota dealer if they were having trouble getting tractors, and the answer was no, but the 805 loaders were scarce. Techs that wanted to work was another matter.
spoke with dealer tech I used to work with (Kubota dealer). Work is also scarce over there. Said 8 out of 12 of the last months have been more or less a couple jobs a day and that's it. They have hired and lost 8 shop techs in the last 13 months. They could have done a better job retaining at least one good one, and it costs a whole lot less to retain one good one than it does to hire/lose 8. 8 in a year is astronomical, at least to me. But on the other hand, finding good help is next to impossible right now and will be for a while.

Myself, when I went to another dealer (non kubota), I'm snowed under. 2 weeks of slow in 13 months and those weren't consecutive, they were just a couple of weeks that jobs didn't show up for whatever reason. Stuff that was there, had backordered parts so I couldn't put them back together until parts came. But the shop got clean.

And at home shop, I have no time to fix my own stuff; side jobs showing up daily. I've actually stopped taking some as the backlog is getting ridiculous.

If it weren't so expensive to get my own repair business, I'd do it.

It's been weird for sure.

Last year, when I was at the kubota dealer, Plandemic caused massive increase in kubota sales and service. I could have worked 24 hours a day 7 days a week and never seen the light at the end of the tunnel.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I went to Home Depot yesterday. Christmas supplies (trees, lights, etc.) were in short supply. The HD employee said they were waiting on a shipment, but didn't know when it would arrive.

I walked around the store. There (pre)Black Friday items were really picked over and the area was smaller than the past. A few items I had on my list was already sold out.

Most of the shelves had items on them, what I noticed was the selection of items were down. Where in the past you may have three or four brands of product, you had one or two.

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Skeets I was just at our Harbor freight in Dickson City, Pa and it was fully stocked! I know your in western Pa so maybe stock is on the way!

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
spoke with dealer tech I used to work with (Kubota dealer). Work is also scarce over there. Said 8 out of 12 of the last months have been more or less a couple jobs a day and that's it. They have hired and lost 8 shop techs in the last 13 months. They could have done a better job retaining at least one good one, and it costs a whole lot less to retain one good one than it does to hire/lose 8. 8 in a year is astronomical, at least to me. But on the other hand, finding good help is next to impossible right now and will be for a while.

Myself, when I went to another dealer (non kubota), I'm snowed under. 2 weeks of slow in 13 months and those weren't consecutive, they were just a couple of weeks that jobs didn't show up for whatever reason. Stuff that was there, had backordered parts so I couldn't put them back together until parts came. But the shop got clean.

And at home shop, I have no time to fix my own stuff; side jobs showing up daily. I've actually stopped taking some as the backlog is getting ridiculous.

If it weren't so expensive to get my own repair business, I'd do it.

It's been weird for sure.

Last year, when I was at the kubota dealer, Plandemic caused massive increase in kubota sales and service. I could have worked 24 hours a day 7 days a week and never seen the light at the end of the tunnel.
My opinion, and I don't have to run a business, is they weren't offering enough pay to keep the good techs.

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
I'm "pretty well" stocked on everything, as I'm a moderate prepper. Could always use more though.
Oil
LP
Ammo (ok maybe a little overboard there, lol)
Household essentials

I've got two fridge freezers plus a smaller sized chest freezer packed to the gills.
I thought about buying a second chest freezer as they are in plentiful supply right now here in the northeast. My problem is I have trouble rotating my stock...I always buy and eat fresh, so two years later I'm throwing out the freezer burned meats. :cry:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I was at the new Tractor Supply near the farm, pricing a 1 x 8 bolt. Their was no price posted for the bolts. I asked at the price register - $4.99/lb for grade 5 and $6.49 for grade 8.
On the way home today I stopped at that store. Same, no prices posted, but I found one hidden on the grade 8 for $5.09.
So I figure bolts are up around 25%. Heard financial dude on the radio say inflation was/is the highest in 30 years.
Remember stagflation?
I've spent around $2800 on bolts for the month of November at work 😳😳😳😳 was paying around $4.50 for 7/8 x 4.5" bolts. But that was at a commercial bolt whole seller in the city. Fastenal wanted $6.00 for the same bolt, plus shipping, and it would have been a week before I got them. Install was going in that afternoon. So... needless to say fastenal lost my buisiness.