Status
Not open for further replies.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I like how in the video she highlights the Chinese made mask sold on Amazon. Oh, and make sure you buy enough to use 3 of them at a time. You know Cho Biden will love the suppliers.

They are going to drag this out for a decade. Over 2.5 TRILLION dollars spent so far 1.8 TRILLION about to be rammed through, thats 4.3 TRILLION in America alone SO FAR. That is just on the FED side, most businesses that are still open have also spent for this. Add to that all the businesses that have closed, all the productivity lost. Probably well over 10 trillion in the short term and who knows in the long term.

And China is going to sell you the solution. ROFLMAO. It really would be funny if for the fact that it is real and our great great great great great great grand children are still going to be trying to pay it off.

The solution these "experts" (the ones allowed to speak) have come up with has cost America (and the world) WAY WAY more than the problem.

Reactions: 4 users

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I can barely last 30 minutes wearing a mask. Customers show up. I put one on. They leave I remove it. Or after loading there order outside I stand back and remove mine. But wearing more then one or seeing the health care folks wearing two. God Bless them. I just couldn't.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I can barely last 30 minutes wearing a mask. Customers show up. I put one on. They leave I remove it. Or after loading there order outside I stand back and remove mine. But wearing more then one or seeing the health care folks wearing two. God Bless them. I just couldn't.
I can't even wear one, and I don't. Some places follow the governor's edict that states if you have a medical condition with a doctor's letter exempting you from wearing one and other businesses don't follow it or allow me in. The fear mongers have a complete grip on the sanity of the people here.

Reactions: 1 users

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
They are kinda opening themselves up for trouble with the triple masking.

There is a reason why most companies require a medical evaluation and fit test before using an N95 mask.

First is they want to make sure you don't have a breathing issue that the N95 mask will negatively effect.

The second is so you know how to properly use it.

I forsee some bad juju out there with people just throwing on three masks. Even if they are cloth. It still restricts your air flow.

Now picture someone triple masking, having breathing issues and driving a vehicle........

Reactions: 1 user

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Why stop at 6 masks? 7 is considered a lucky number.
The effectiveness appears to be logarithmic:
1 mask = 50%
2 = 75%
3 = 90%
So to extrapolate
4 = 95%
5 = 97.5%
6 = 98.8% (rounding)
7 = 99.6%
8 = 99.8%
9 = 99.9%

There you go, you need nine. :)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
This thread is headed down the tube!

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
God gave us all LUNGS to filter out the crap, look it up. And mine IS OEM.
I thought it was nose hairs that did the filtering. But I suppose lungs do filter as well, just ask a coal miner with black lung disease... :eek:

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
The effectiveness appears to be logarithmic:
1 mask = 50%
2 = 75%
3 = 90%
So to extrapolate
4 = 95%
5 = 97.5%
6 = 98.8% (rounding)
7 = 99.6%
8 = 99.8%
9 = 99.9%

There you go, you need nine. :)

It looks like if you wear more than 10, you could actually start eradicating the virus wherever you go. :ROFLMAO:

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
If you are unable to get leaches you can make a small incision to one of your wrists. Make the cut along the vein, not across it. Placing the wrist in cold water will numb the wrist and make the job almost painless.
That's probably not funny. Our fellow soldiers, sailors and Marines suffer from depression at a much higher rate, and help is the answer. Their suicide rates are through the roof and I may be alone on this but suicide is never the answer and certainly never funny.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
That's probably not funny. Our fellow soldiers, sailors and Marines suffer from depression at a much higher rate, and help is the answer. Their suicide rates are through the roof and I may be alone on this but suicide is never the answer and certainly never funny.
My post was meant to be just as ridiculous as the one that I replied to. If you took it as something other than that, that is on you. You are being over-sensitive.

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
Why stop at 6 masks? 7 is considered a lucky number.
Hey, they come 10 to a pack for a reason, right?

Try wearing one for sports... I'm a curler and I "have to" wear one the whole time. Now, some of you may not believe it, but sweeping is a vigorous activity. It's like breathing through a germy wet rag. When I take it off after I leave it's just cold and wet and nasty. And the frozen condensation on my eyelashes and the brim of my cap prove that it's not doing it's job like some would like. It's disgusting.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I bet he wished he didn't.

A man in his seventies died in Manhattan, N.Y., on Sunday shortly after he received a COVID-19 vaccine, according to the state health commissioner.

The unnamed elderly patient collapsed as he was leaving the Javits Center vaccination site, according to Dr. Howard Zucker, New York State health commissioner.

Though security and first responders were by the man's side in a matter of seconds, said Zucker, the man died soon after in the hospital.

"The incident occurred approximately 25 minutes after he was vaccinated, and following the required 15 minute observation period where he exhibited no adverse reactions or any distress". "Initial indications are that the man did not have any allergic reaction to the vaccine."

This was in 25 minutes. How about weeks later from some unknown. I have never been a fan of Russian Roulette.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
It may or may not ever be solved. The young may die, the old must die, and the wisest knows not when.

I will get my Moderna follow-up next week.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
My next door neighbor got his first shot on Friday. He is 76 years old. He is 10 years older than me to the day. I hope that he does not have any problems with the shot. He is like an older brother to me in many ways.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Hey, they come 10 to a pack for a reason, right?

Try wearing one for sports... I'm a curler and I "have to" wear one the whole time. Now, some of you may not believe it, but sweeping is a vigorous activity. It's like breathing through a germy wet rag. When I take it off after I leave it's just cold and wet and nasty. And the frozen condensation on my eyelashes and the brim of my cap prove that it's not doing it's job like some would like. It's disgusting.
You do have another choice! If the disposables are 10 to a pack, wear them one at a time and dispose of when wet, and put on a dry one. Look for a brand that fit your face. You are completely right to object to wearing a wet germy rag. Yuck. But the cloth ones are both cheap and washable, have a couple clean dry ones in your equipment bag to swap out, and put the dirty wet ones in a plastic bag to take home to wash. Yeah I get it, it’s a bother. Except if you infect the rest of the team and are sidelined. Teams of unmasked hockey players have taken out whole rinks of skaters around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.