Status
Not open for further replies.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Hey Daren, I hope she gets to felling better quickly. However, her headache may be starting to go away ....oh I'm not going to say it, oh ya 'cause you're out walking Gypsy! 😁 😁

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
My second shot of Moderna is scheduled for February 16th. I am so excited. o_O
Make sure and have some migraine medicine on hand. Excedrin migraine worked good for my wife.

Most of the reports we've been hearing locally say Pounding headache, sick tummy, fever, chills, and sweats. Lasts about 24 hours. 18hours then start feeling better. My wife fell right into that category.

After speaking with her about the symptoms, I think the vaccine kicked off the mother of all migraines in her.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
My wife got both her Pfizer shots, first one she was sore for a couple days but nothing debilitating, second shot she felt it where the gave the shot and that was it.

I really don't get the negativity behind this vaccine.
Did all of you that are negative against it skip your past ones?

Reactions: 1 user

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
The news media, Facebook and others downplayed or blocked information on Hydroxycloroquine. Now FB announced this was a mistake.

Here's a report on HCQ as studied by C19Study Group.

A new study posted in the American Journal of Medicine in January found that early treatment of coronavirus patients with hydroxychloroquine lowered the mortality rate for the disease.

The study found that immediate use of HCQ, while the patient was still at home, showed significant benefits.

This is just the latest study that shows the effectiveness of HCQ in treating the coronavirus.

For the past several months the website c19study.com has been tracking the HCQ-coronavirus studies.

According to c19study.com there have been 237 studies, 171 of which were peer reviewed that show 67% of patients improved in early treatment trials.

Just to clarify, the American Journal of Medicine article did not provide new evidence that HCQ is effective. Instead the paper provided a proposed treatment flow chart for Covid patients out of the hospital, and which is based on older papers. It is in the authors’ opinions that absent controlled out patient experiments, that the drugs in their flow chart, including HCQ be used to treat this population.

At the moment we’ve got next to nothing to treat people with mild to moderate disease with the exception of the new monoclonal antibodies like Regeneron, the drug Trump got. It is supposed to be available, and has been reported to be underutilized, but just try and get it! My niece tried all over LA to get it for her son, no luck. So in that article they propose a treatment regimen to try. It will be interesting to see if anyone finds it helpful to treat large numbers of patients.

The trial to get more data on HCQ in hospitals that was going on in the Detroit area was stopped recently, but I don’t remember reading why.

So at the moment HCQ remains in the “it beats nothing” category as far as I can see. Near as I can tell it is take 2 Tylenol and .....unless you get sick enough to be hospitalized.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I wonder if the scientist/doctors have considered studying patients with arthritis that have been taking HCQ prior to the pandemic and during the pandemic to see what type of response these individuals have had? Did they catch it? If they caught it, was it as severe?

Just curious if the pre-treatment with HCQ made any difference.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I wonder if the scientist/doctors have considered studying patients with arthritis that have been taking HCQ prior to the pandemic and during the pandemic to see what type of response these individuals have had? Did they catch it? If they caught it, was it as severe?

Just curious if the pre-treatment with HCQ made any difference.
It would be hard to study because HCQ is used for rheumatoid arthritis which is an autoimmune disease, making it hard to interpret results. But still interesting.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yeah I go back onthe 24th,,, if my lungs werent so messed up I probably wouldnt have got it in he first place, and that someone in the gubernmint is pushing to have a card so you can travel

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
It would be hard to study because HCQ is used for rheumatoid arthritis which is an autoimmune disease, making it hard to interpret results. But still interesting.
Lupus, too (also autoimmune).

FWIW, Dr. Oz was asking for people with autoimmune who were taking HCQ and who got covid to contact him. I never heard anything come of it. I also haven't seen any studies about it, so it would seem there's not much info there.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I think the main stream media is dumbing down America by them controlling what THEY want us to see/hear/read. Here is an example. You find it on Bitchute because other sources don't want it known and block the message.

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
For those waiting for a shot you will be so happy to know that all the " terrorists locked up in Guantanamo started getting vaccine yesterday.. WTF ? IMO, they should be last if any left after all Americans that want it get it.
I'm still studying about it but my Wife decided from git go NO WAY. JOSE

jabloomf1230

Equipment
B 3200
Sep 28, 2014
Voorheesville, NY
For those waiting for a shot you will be so happy to know that all the " terrorists locked up in Guantanamo started getting vaccine yesterday.. WTF ? IMO, they should be last if any left after all Americans that want it get it.
I'm still studying about it but my Wife decided from git go NO WAY. JOSE
I usually don't wade into the political threads but this fortunately did not happen. The Biden administration wants to close Gitmo but first they have to put everyone there on trial. To put them on the trial, some smart guy said it would be easier to vaccinate each prisoner before trial. But publicity stopped all that so now we're back at keeping Gitmo open.

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Took the first one January 7, second one tomorrow (Thursday 2/4) at 1:00 pm. No adverse reactions for me thankfully---yet :oops:. Ill report back hopefully not like @Daren Todd 's wife.

Local health department opened a vial, had a bunch of cancelations, little bird told me if I went down there I could get it and bam, done. Only 52 and no problems but putting on 15 lbs. in the past 8 months.

Last edited:

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
I will pass. The vaccine is too dangerous.
May not be a bad choice, who knows at this point.

In reading this thread I was wondering about your screen name @armylifer. As a Marine I was injected with God knows what, dozens of times--we just got in a line and here come the shots. No one told us what it was or why we needed it. I guess the Army must be very different, or maybe you refused to receive the vaccinations?

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA

In reading this thread I was wondering about your screen name @armylifer. As a Marine I was injected with God knows what, dozens of times--we just got in a line and here come the shots. No one told us what it was or why we needed it. I guess the Army must be very different, or maybe you refused to receive the vaccinations?
I went into basic training in January 1973. We went through a line as you described, but they were using a multi-vaccine gun at the time. I got my injections and went into anaphylactic shock. I woke up in the hospital a couple days later. I was told that I was allergic to one of the vaccines, but they did not know which one. After that,every time we had to get another shot for some reason, I was excluded or excused, whichever term you care to use. The only times I had to take injections was for deployments to various different countries. Those injections were for a gamma globulin shot. They always held me for observation for several hours in case I went into shock again. I never did from that shot but I had some severe reactions when they tried to give me a flu shot once. After that episode my medical record was flagged as I was allergic to the flu vaccine and they never tried that one again. There was one other episode where I went into into anaphylactic shock but it was from an antibiotic they gave me during a surgery.

The Army was real good about keeping medical records accurate and up to date. The units I was assigned to had our own medics and doctors so they all knew who had special medical conditions or considerations that were not within the standard or norm.

Surfer

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Sep 24, 2020
East Texas

No, you get the same shots of GG and whatever else while in the army. Got one set of shots once in the motor pool before a deployment. Can't refuse or you're put out.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.