B7100 seized.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Here's what I think I saw on your first repair. Kind of looks like the TO bearing might have walked off the finger.
Capture+_2021-01-01-11-56-36.png

Maybe it's the camera angle or the lighting (or my eyes), but something doesn't look right with that finger.
Capture+_2021-01-01-11-58-06.png
In any case, hope you've found the problem. Too bad you'll have to split it again, but this should last a while.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Here's what I think I saw on your first repair. Kind of looks like the TO bearing might have walked off the finger.
View attachment 52944

Maybe it's the camera angle or the lighting (or my eyes), but something doesn't look right with that finger.
View attachment 52945
In any case, hope you've found the problem. Too bad you'll have to split it again, but this should last a while.
You're comparing 2 different pressure plates.
One from 2 years ago and one from now.
There is no possible way for the fingers to "walk off" the throw-out bearing on that that pressure plate, at least not if they are still attached.
You should change your monitor, with a 40" monitor everything looks as it should! ;)

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
There is no possible way for the fingers to "walk off" the throw-out bearing on that that pressure plate, at least not if they are still attached.
You should change your monitor, with a 40" monitor everything looks as it should! ;)
Yeah, I knew it was 2 different pressure plates. Maybe I was just trying to see something. Just hope torch has found his problem.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Well I ran that by the wife, mainly because I'm getting older and the eye sight isn't what it used to be but it's still good enough to be able to tell by the look I got it's not gonna happen. :(

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Maybe I was just trying to see something. Just hope torch has found his problem.
Thanks. I see what you mean in the pictures, however they look much better in person. I think it is an effect of the lighting on the dust vs polished contact area. The pictures were taken on disassembly, without any cleanup.

I replaced the pressure plate assembly last time primarily because of all the dings from broken bits of spring bouncing around in there:

I was concerned that there could be hidden cracks or fatigue that could lead to catastrophic failure if it was re-used. This time the springs were intact and there was no visible damage to the pressure plate assembly so I just replaced the friction plate. (And the gasket. $70 for a gasket. Ouch.)

Reactions: 1 user

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
In which thread did you discover that the culprit was the flex caused by the FEL not having a subframe connected to the rear axle?
If you are asking me, then I found my problem in this post. However, the issue was not that the subframe wasn't connected to the rear axle -- it was -- the issue was the subframe was not connected to the rear of the engine as well as the front of the transmission and the front of the tractor. My fix was shown later on in the same thread.

Edit: on re-reading what I wrote, I should clarify: the subframe was originally bolted to the "bumper" in front of the engine, the front of the transmission and the rear axle. I added an additonal mount on either side at the rear of the engine.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user