Yet another plow project

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Very nice, for sure too pretty to use. You will have to find an old one to use in the field.:D Dusty
Dusty is right, your not gonna want to scratch up that nice paint :p

What are you planning on growing this year?

Scott

digg71

Equipment
B3200 w/ FEL, Box Scraper, Post Hole Auger, 4' Rotary Cutter, Snowblower
Mar 7, 2010
Western N.Y.
Ah heck, pin er' on and get to plowing:p

It can't look new forever.....:D

haha.....nice plow.

Jim

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
What are you planning on growing this year?

Scott
I'm growing the seeds of community service. Hopefully, the service will catch on and other folks in the area will pitch in.

The rural area that we live in has several vacant lots which become serious fire hazards in the California summer. With the abundant rain this year it will be a bad fire year. Some lots have not be worked in 30+ years.

Last year I tried to disc one and the disc just ran over the top of the matted dry weeds. Box scraper rippers and a harrow just clogged up in about 10 feet. It took a half dozen passes of a heavy scalloped disc to get to decent soil exposure. It was a learning experience.

The plow will turn the soil in one pass so later a harrow will be the only thing needed for a touch-up. At least that is the plan.

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
I have 2 Ford 101 Plows and I'm thinking of making one 3 bottom plow out of the 2 . Did you buy new plow shares if so where do you find them ?..Dan

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
bc,, ahhh just so you know this post is like 7 years old,,just sayin :D