Work Shop Manuals (WSM)

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
North Idaho Wolfman ALWAYS recommends owners get a WSM before tackling anything on their tractor.

Trust me, he gives worthy advice, as we all know!

You should not only get a WSM before service/repair work; you should get it just because you own/harbor/nurture the thing. We all are pretty fond of these orange critters.

I downloaded mine at www.kubotabooks.com the other day - no cost. Wow, an eye opening read of 391 pages! I have no issues or problems with the tractor, and the manual looks great. I want it just in case.....

If I do have an issue, many of those problems or questions can be answered right there!

Take advantage of the resource. I know some WSM cost up to $100 or so, but well worth it.

Many times, Wolfman is offering suggestions covered in the WSM, or the parts diagrams from

https://apps.kubotausa.com/illustrated-parts/

Do him a favor, and do your homework first.

CAUTION: There are some sites that offer WSM that are junk, so be aware. I know some of the guys have called out some of the crooks before on the forum.

Just my suggestions, and best wishes all.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes if a site that says they have Downloadable WSM's and they want you to download a reader or any other program first, get off the site as it's a scam!
Also If your going to pay for a WSM go strait to Kubota, via a dealer or online like Coleman, Messicks or such.
A lot of Pay sites have poorly scanned copies of the originals.
And If it's a newer than a late 90's tractor then most likely you will not find a Download of the WSM.

Reactions: 1 user

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
For anyone looking for a L3200/3800 Series WSM, they are only available from Kubota or Messicks as new part numbers. The Messicks tech told me that Kubota constantly update their WSMs and that makes ordering them sporty. Mine ran $98.00.

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
I have used servicemanualvault.com on several occasions. They have a quick download of a lot of KUBOTA tractors, excavators etc. On one occasion, I got the wrong machine. every other time, I got the right machine and a really good clear manual. The cost is $9.95 per manual. I just checked and the do have L3200 showing.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
The one I got from kubotabooks.com was listed as "Owner's Manual," but cover says WSM. Haven't looked through it thoroughly, but looks great.

I saw a listing for "WSM L3200" also.

Reactions: 1 user

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
... and that makes ordering them sporty. Mine ran $98.00.
Sorry, captain, but my thoughts on their pricing is that it's not at all sporty -- predatory is the adverb that comes to mind.

I hope that does not lead anyone to think I have any disagreement with your recommendations!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
All the manuals on servicemanualvault.com are out there for a free download if you just look around. ;)

Hfrs7

Equipment
Grand L 6060 --- ZD 326
Nov 2, 2014
Alabama
I always negotiate a WSM in the deal when I buy a Kubota....Most are happy to give you one when you start to walk away from the purchase.

Reactions: 1 users

S8r9d

Jun 22, 2015
Northwestern Ontario Canada
Does anyone have any idea where I can get any b21 manuals. I didn't even get an owners manual. I looked on the above mentioned sites and been searching for the last day and can't find any specific to b21. Any help would be great. Got the parts diagram for bh and fel

Thx

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
I am a firm believer in WSM's, or as I call them, Shop Manuals. I used to buy them for my trucks back when a guy with a toolbox could work on them, and I bought one for my John Deere 750. Pricey, but worth every dime when you need it.

In keeping with that approach, I ponied up the $100+ for the official Kubota WSM for my B2650. It finally came in today. I've skimmed through it and my initial impression is...

We are not impressed. In fact, we're seriously considered being ticked off that we blew a Benjamin on this thing.

First, it's obviously a translation, and a poor one at that. Really? For a c-note per copy you can't hire someone that speaks English? Fortunately, it's not as bad as some of the Chinese instructions I've seen. It's readable, and so far I can fairly easily figure out what they're trying to say, but still.

Second, it certainly appears to be the tractor equivalent of a Haynes or Clymer manual. Better than nothing, but nowhere near complete.

I'm getting ready to install some rear worklights. I've ordered the rear worklight switch and wanted to see what was involved in installing it. What does the book say? "Remove the lower dash panel." Um...duh? No pictures, not a word on where the fasteners are or how it comes off, you're just supposed to know that.

I'm used to a manual that's quite a bit more complete, especially for that kind of money.

I reserve the right to change my mind if/when the manual saves my bacon somewhere down the road, but at the moment, I'm not Happy. Or Sneezy. In fact, I'm Grumpy...

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Shadow

May 18, 2015
Somewhere
In keeping with that approach, I ponied up the $100+ for the official Kubota WSM for my B2650. It finally came in today. I've skimmed through it and my initial impression is...

We are not impressed. In fact, we're seriously considered being ticked off that we blew a Benjamin on this thing.

First, it's obviously a translation, and a poor one at that. Really? For a c-note per copy you can't hire someone that speaks English? Fortunately, it's not as bad as some of the Chinese instructions I've seen. It's readable, and so far I can fairly easily figure out what they're trying to say, but still.

I'm used to a manual that's quite a bit more complete, especially for that kind of money.

I reserve the right to change my mind if/when the manual saves my bacon somewhere down the road, but at the moment, I'm not Happy. Or Sneezy. In fact, I'm Grumpy...
LOL, how do you think the guys feel that work on them every day? You're not wrong.....

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
getting part manual pages and part #'s from kubota.com

USA Parts break down with drawings and part numbers. For those outside the US you can attempt to connect to these thru a proxy that will emulate another country than where you're really connecting from. NOTE: Part numbers in your country may not match exactly with those from USA. More info: http://www.howtogeek.com/210614/how-to-access-region-restricted-websites-from-anywhere-on-earth/

. Go here https://www.kubotausa.com/parts
. Hit the [Illustrated Parts list] button
. accept the legal thingamabob
. Hit [OPEN]
. type in [Your tractor such as L2250 ]
. Select your model [DT or not, HST or not etc]
. Open the various sections to search out which one will show your the parts break down and part numbers for blades etc.

Edit:
Above illustrated parts only available to US customers. Here is the link to the Canadian English version.

http://kubota.ca/en/partsdisclaimer.aspx

Work Shop Manuals can be purchased at:
http://www.colemanequip.com/,
http://www.messicks.com
ebay, Amazon etc.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Not all WSM's are created equal:
I have several :rolleyes: and some are way better than others at detailing needed information.

And just a note: coachgeo's "Getting parts manual pages only works if your in the US. ;)

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Not all WSM's are created equal:
I have several :rolleyes: and some are way better than others at detailing needed information.

And just a note: coachgeo's "Getting parts manual pages only works if your in the US. ;)
Does it not work for those outside the US at all; or can they use a USA equivalent model number to trick it like us ..mericans have to do for Grey Model tractors?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Does it not work for those outside the US at all; or can they use a USA equivalent model number to trick it like us ..mericans have to do for Grey Model tractors?
It doesn't work at all, because it see's an IP address that is not in the US and will deny access to the site.