Will a White bottom plow fit on a Kubota?

Jaybird

Equipment
M5400. 6' finish mower, 5' bush hog, 2 bottom plow, 6' rear blade, boom pole.
Mar 21, 2014
Waddy, Kentucky
Recently bought a White 2 bottom plow from a friend. Older plow but in great shape. He brought it over plowed with it on his tractor then sold it to me. I tried to hook it up yesterday and it won't fit on the 3 point. The male connectors aren't long enough to allow the pin through. It also seems very low. Did I make a rookie mistake and buy a plow I can't use or is there an adjustment that can be made?
I have a M5400 Kubota.
Thanks for the help. Learning a lot reading your posts.

Jay

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Can you post some pictures of the plow hookup? It would make it easier for us to help you.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes pictures.
If I'm guessing right you just need new longer pins.
Height adjustment should just be a matter of center link adjustment.

The_Al

Equipment
L3540, Heavy duty FEL, 9' bachoe, Brush hog, 72" grappler
Jul 19, 2013
MA
My rookie-ness agrees that longer pins will do the trick. Hooking up the bottom plow first time for me took me like three (3) hours.

Jaybird

Equipment
Mar 21, 2014
Waddy, Kentucky
Thanks guys. I thought that too but the pins on the plow looked permanent. I'll try to figure out the picture upload thing and let you see.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
With these sort of problems, we all have modified things. Yours may take some cutting and welding, but hopefully not.

Jaybird

Equipment
Mar 21, 2014
Waddy, Kentucky
Ok I took some pictures and will try to post them. Hopefully it will work.

Attachments

Jaybird

Equipment
Mar 21, 2014
Waddy, Kentucky
Here's another. I think you can see the post is too short. It doesn't leave any room to put the pin through. I see no way to adjust it.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Look on the inside of where the pin attaches to the plate is there a nut to remove the pin?
It's also possible that the larger piece over the smaller pin is a collar that can be shortened, or removed, it looks like a quick hitch sleeve or a Cat 2 hook up.
If there is a nut on the back of the pin then you can get a replacement pin that will allow you to connect to it.

Profnohair

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1500, 42" bh, box blade, G6200HST, Mahindra 450 with BH, FEL, etc.
Look on the inside of where the pin attaches to the plate is there a nut to remove the pin?
It's also possible that the larger piece over the smaller pin is a collar that can be shortened, or removed, it looks like a quick hitch sleeve or a Cat 2 hook up.
If there is a nut on the back of the pin then you can get a replacement pin that will allow you to connect to it.
Or have the collar milled shorter if necessary.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
As mentioned, it appears there is a bolt going through the backside of the pin. The large dia. that is between the small pin and the plate of the plow frame may be all one piece. If it is just remove all the hardware after the bolts is removed and purchase the correct pin for your tractor. the new pin should fit in the existing hole. Use a lock washer and tighten the nut down.

Kubota Newbie

Equipment
M4500, New Idea Cut-Ditioner, JD 14T Baler, IH "Plow Chief" plows, Oliver Rake
Dec 28, 2010
Mount Vernon, Ohio
Um, uh.... The "sleeve" is part of the plow "drawbar" and has that keyway cut in the top of it so that it will not rotate in the mechanism that you see sticking up on the top with the adjusting bolt. The pictures don't show it, but I'm betting the centerline of the pin in the picture is oh, 2 - 3 (maybe even 4) inches offset from the pin at the other end of the plow drawbar. That's how you adjust the trail of the plow so that it will run correctly against the landslide. Changing that adjusting bolt wags the tail of the plow back and forth so you can get it in the right position. If your 3 point lift arm balls are too wide you'll have to either have the "sleeve" (which the pin is actually part of) milled so more "pin" sticks out, or, change your lift arm balls for narrower ones.

Jaybird

Equipment
Mar 21, 2014
Waddy, Kentucky
Thanks guys. I have checked it and there is no nut on the other end. Appears my only solution is to have the sleeve milled as suggested. Appreciate all the help,thanks!