Who is watching you?

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901, 5' Bush Hog
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
They were investigating people who threatened school board members. No parent has the right to threaten people.
No evidence of threats against school board members. Another false argument.

Reactions: 1 users

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
, post: 506056, member: 46768"]
[/QUOTE]
It is true, but the investigation showed that the threats were most likely not something they would follow through with and the investigation was dropped.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
And there goes your freedom. Because a few old boring guys don't mind being watched, it is a slippery slope.

Reactions: 3 users

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
, post: 506056, member: 46768"]
It is true, but the investigation showed that the threats were most likely not something they would follow through with and the investigation was dropped.
[/QUOTE]
Wow. Head in sand.

They (the school) made up the threats, then reported them to start an investigation and get the DOJ to call AMERICANS (concerned with their childrens education) TERRORISTS.

The schools, the DOJ and the WH were all in cahoots before the letters ever came out.

Reactions: 2 users

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Wow. Head in sand.

They (the school) made up the threats, then reported them to start an investigation and get the DOJ to call AMERICANS (concerned with their childrens education) TERRORISTS.

The schools, the DOJ and the WH were all in cahoots before the letters ever came out.
[/QUOTE]
According to Tucker Carlson? Too much faux for you.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901, 5' Bush Hog
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
Wow. Head in sand.

[/QUOTE]
The sequence was as follows. 1. Schools, national school board falsely report threats of violence to DOJ. 2. Attorney General starts the investigation.
3. DOJ does not remove the investigation order although the arguments behind it were false.
So, if you disagree with your government and are not quiet about it, you will be a surveillance target.
I don't watch Fox anymore, but other outlets are reporting it.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
The sequence was as follows. 1. Schools, national school board falsely report threats of violence to DOJ. 2. Attorney General starts the investigation.
3. DOJ does not remove the investigation order although the arguments behind it were false.
So, if you disagree with your government and are not quiet about it, you will be a surveillance target.
I don't watch Fox anymore, but other outlets are reporting it.
[/QUOTE]
😴

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Us parents though can easily get past the BS by home schooling instead. I have teens in high school, they are no longer being taught the basics, they are being taught to pass a freaking test, and thats it. The no child left behind BS is just that, BS. My son should have NEVER graduated 8th grade, he failed most of the classes due to the lockdowns and online classes, yet, they promoted him.

If I could, I would pull them both out and home school them myself, but my job demands all my time so I can pay the taxes used to indoctrinate them

• Love

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Us parents though can easily get past the BS by home schooling instead. I have teens in high school, they are no longer being taught the basics, they are being taught to pass a freaking test, and thats it. The no child left behind BS is just that, BS. My son should have NEVER graduated 8th grade, he failed most of the classes due to the lockdowns and online classes, yet, they promoted him.

If I could, I would pull them both out and home school them myself, but my job demands all my time so I can pay the taxes used to indoctrinate them
I find it interesting that most parents I know who home school never attended college but think they are better teachers than someone with a masters degree in education. Just my observations.

• Dislike

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Us parents though can easily get past the BS by home schooling instead. I have teens in high school, they are no longer being taught the basics, they are being taught to pass a freaking test, and thats it.
This is unfortunate. AND I do not doubt it.

But I will share a personal experience.

I graduated high school with a very poor grade point average. VERY poor. Was not stupid, just had the wrong attitude.

Spent four years in the military during the Vietnam War era. One year in Southeast Asia, but it was good year in Thailand, fortunately.

Traveled the world for a year and a half after getting out of the military. First 14,000 miles or so on an old BMW motorcycle. Lots of dirt road and I learned to slow down and enjoy different places along the way.

Met my wife on a train (in Russia of all places) and ended up starting university in Tokyo. Probably could not have got accepted anywhere else. I was 24 or 25 years old.

The University was a private school run by the Jesuits. Mostly Japanese, but they had an international division, that taught classes in English, just like in the US. AND I could use the GI bill to go there.

Anyway, at first I did my best to LEARN. AND I always ended up getting B grades. Eventually I realized that you could learn how to get A's, or you could learn how to learn, and get B's.

I started to get A's. For the last two years I rarely got a B.

Point is, after graduation, what do employers look at? The academic record. Simple as that. They have no easy way to screen you out except during an interview, and then it is your wits, and not what you know that wins.

So my point is, while it is great in theory to learn as much as possible, to get the best options for your future life it may be best to learn how to pass tests and show a great grade point average to future employers, and even get hired BEFORE those that really went to school to learn.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Wow. Head in sand.

[/QUOTE]

I don't watch Tucker Carlson, but it is fine if you like to. It would make sense that he reported it though as other outlets did.

• Dislike

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
Many years ago I had a neighbor that worked for the Bettis Atomic Energy Lab. They do top secret stuff for the military. I have known many people that have worked there. This guy was frequently out on his porch hosting cigar smoking get togethers. I was invited several times but found him boring. Once or twice he came to my condo next door and wanted to visit my 2 year old daughter. His eyes seemed wild. I told him she was sleeping. One day 4 "Dick Cheney mobiles" (large black government plated vehicles with fully tinted windows) show up and their occupants hastily enter his house. The men came out carrying boxes and a computer or two. Within a week of this he committed suicide. Using a pistol while in bed. He and his wife were avid church goers. She remarried shortly afterward. When the house was being sold the bedroom had been freshly painted and not a word written , spoken or disclosed of the incident. There is a line in a Johnny Cash song- "You can run on for a long time sooner or later God will cut you down". Worth a listen.

Last edited:

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Some people don't seem to mind being watched all the time. "I'm not doing anything wrong so I have nothing to hide".

That works, until it doesn't. What happens when they change the rules?

Reactions: 2 users

random

Equipment
Nov 2, 2020
NC

The letters back & forth are out. Turns out the schools were actually advised on what to put in the letter requesting investigation.

All the surveillance is great when the "right" people are the ones getting in trouble. But who that is can always change.

random

Equipment
Nov 2, 2020
NC
I find it interesting that most parents I know who home school never attended college but think they are better teachers than someone with a masters degree in education. Just my observations.
argumentum ab auctoritate

It's funny seeing how successful all the homeschooled students I've known have become. Based on the outcomes I've personally witnessed (including my son, taught by two college dropouts), the homeschooling parents ARE better teachers.

• Dislike

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Some people don't seem to mind being watched all the time. "I'm not doing anything wrong so I have nothing to hide".

That works, until it doesn't. What happens when they change the rules?
You seem to think that you are worth watching and listening to. The same for most of us.

random

Equipment
Nov 2, 2020
NC
You seem to think that you are worth watching and listening to. The same for most of us.
Strawman. You are not addressing what I said.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
argumentum ab auctoritate

It's funny seeing how successful all the homeschooled students I've known have become. Based on the outcomes I've personally witnessed (including my son, taught by two college dropouts), the homeschooling parents ARE better teachers.
Parental oversight /support is a well understood determinant of successful development. The benefits continue to accrue often over the the lifetime of the individual. I agree with you.

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Just because someone has a piece of special paper, does not make such person smart, just educated. Sure, I could study the questions on a Cisco CCNP exam and pass it 100%, but in the real world, that don't mean jack if I don't know how to set up a proper network. Yes, I have had hires with Professional Certifications to fill Level III positions who didn't even know how to set up a basic static route. Even a Level I tech should know what a basic static route entails.

Those same teachers are also told to do things a specific cookie cutter way, and not to deviate, they also do not know individual children or how to change things up to suit their needs like a parent does. Only those with decades of teaching know this, and those are becoming rare today. Many teachers I had were old and well schooled in teaching to each child's level, but not today. The teachers in my kids schools are 30 somethings, none older than 45, many are not parents themselves.

Businesses today are changing up how they hire, they are hiring on experience regardless if there is a degree involved. Many have found that positions they normally hire a Graduate for have turned into stepping stones, and are constantly having to refill positions, and have switched to hiring experienced non graduate people to fill them. My wife has filled such a role, the two previous hires for it were not there very long and couldn't do a quarter what my wife does.

I myself never graduated High School, I served my 4 years and was out, of course back then they didn't give automatic passes, fail a class and you don't pass. I failed Phys Ed, hated it. Still hate it to this very day. I still make a 6 figure salary even though I have no special papers, I have skills that my employer needs and I fill it well. This is now starting to become the norm over requiring degrees.

Reactions: 4 users