Which size grader blade for B8200?

JordanKubota

Equipment
B8200 + BF300-A
Oct 3, 2011
Australia
I want to maintain a dirt road, and I can buy either a 5 foot or a 6 foot wide grader blade. Would the 6 foot be asking too much from my B8200?
It's rear-mounted from the 3 point hitch.

Jordan

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Are you just clearing snow off it in the winter time or doing year round rotunie maintenance? If its just snow your after I'd say a 5 to 6 foot blade will be fine. If your looking for rotunine work to keep the road in shape I'd say go with a grading box, also known as a box blade.

JordanKubota

Equipment
B8200 + BF300-A
Oct 3, 2011
Australia
Thanks Eric. I looked up box blade, and the ones I see have a number of blades to rip up the ground. Is that the type you mean?
I don't have snow, but rain causes rutting and pot-holing on the dirt tracks around here. I was thinking to get some gravel in occassionally, and spread it on top.

Jordan

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
6 foot might be a bit to large for the B8200 to handle so maybe a 5 foot box will better suite your tractor.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Thanks Eric. I looked up box blade, and the ones I see have a number of blades to rip up the ground. Is that the type you mean?
I don't have snow, but rain causes rutting and pot-holing on the dirt tracks around here. I was thinking to get some gravel in occassionally, and spread it on top.

Jordan
The blades can be raised so that they don't dig in- so that you can just level, not break new ground- or you can lower and use them.