What's wrong with this picture?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Hopefully the judge throws the case out and tells the lawyer he's an idiot representing on idiot.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hopefully the judge throws the case out and tells the lawyer he's an idiot representing on idiot.
Daren,

I think the line at the bottom of your posts, says it all!:)

Make it idiot- proof, and someone will make a better idiot!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Daren,

I think the line at the bottom of your posts, says it all!:)

Make it idiot- proof, and someone will make a better idiot!
Amen brother!!!!! Hell, I don't like crossing the interstate with a 15,000lb construction vehicle lit up and flashing like a Christmas tree. Your sure not gonna get me to purposefully block a road with my body :p That's just not gonna end well :D

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
Maybe she was having a flash back of the 70's. Back then cars were required to give pedestrians the right of way, you would walk up to a road and the cars would stop to let you cross. Went out there from Florida to surf and thought it was the weirdest thing.
"Not responsible for her own actions" sounds like a defense to me, lol. Millennials, gotta love them, LOL.
If the survival of the fittest Darwin theory was allowed to be implemented the world would be a saner place.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Any Judge that would even think about hearing this case is a fool

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Just shoot the ignorant bitch & her lawyer.:mad:
These morons are lucky it's not Bill's World.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Hey Guys: That gal is suing the wrong party, cuz those profs there (and at many a university) are just the next step she is planning any how. Hell, I bet some of the instigators are some of her teachers. What she should sue is those parents that are paying her way there and for spoiling her all her growing up days, Like many a college student in liberal arts (the easy path) they have no idea as to what they will do after graduating or getting that advanced degree.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
On a highway, a driver has a reasonable expectation of no pedestrians. Had that girl hit my car with her body on the highway, I'd be suing her for her college fund PDQ. I could easily demonstrate permanent mental issues (many here will attest to it, I am sure).:p
I hope the case follows her as she tries to get employment.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Having gone to school there many years ago, and know one of the recent graduates, don't judge the students by this one fruitloop. And it is an unlikely assumption that any of the profs were involved. Good way to lose your job.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
It all comes down to a simple case of "cause and effect".
The cause, is that she decided to protest on a busy freeway.
The effect, is she got her dumb arse run over.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Skeets, I think the cause is stupidly needing attention, and the effect is follow the crowd...which always leads to trouble.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Hold the phone, we have all just been sucked into outrage by yellow journalism put out there mainly to gather hostility toward snowflakes. Check out the dates and the details on Snopes. I might have to take back my statement about the university. The administrators allowed the demonstration and tried to confine and control on nearby streets. What is the difference between allow and sponsor? Emergency/police were trying to block freeway traffic, driver drove around blockade when he hit student. So the whole thing is more complicated than it appeared at first glance...

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
driver drove around blockade when he hit student.
Don't care. If the "student" hadn't been on the freeway illegally, she would not have been injured. If I had to assign fault, it would be .5% driver, 99.5% moron.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Exactly Bill, the point of the court case is to determine if anyone besides the student should bear a fraction of the blame, and if so, how much. My inclination is to think there is an upper limit to how much reponsibility the university should bear for off campus student safety, stupid or otherwise. They are for the most part adults, but that age group is notorious for not thinking. Just look at hazing and drunk driving deaths. Doesnt seem reasonable to me to expect the university to pay, but ? So I agree with you, and the issue is the fractions.

The driver on the other hand was pretty scofflaw when he went around vehicle trying to stop traffic. What if it had been a stalled semi that he hit?

My soapbox is the rampant internet yellow journalism made up of half truths. :mad:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I guess I come from that school where you take responsibility for your own actions. So I'm having a hard time with the student suing the school for something they chose to take part in, off school grounds.

I also have a hard time with a protest shutting down a main road. What ever happened to a peaceful protest on a sidewalk with the hippy wear and a big sign? :confused::confused:

Wife and I have always held our kids accountable for there actions and choices whether good and bad. So, if they got struck by a car while standing in the middle of the interstate protesting.......... well......... that would be worth a good ear boxing for being stupid, when the pain killers wore off ;)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I think that at that age, the only thing I was protesting was how close them 7.62x39 rounds were coming to my young behind :eek:

DocHolladay

Equipment
MX5200, FEL
Oct 19, 2015
Murfreesboro, TN
Amen brother!!!!! Hell, I don't like crossing the interstate with a 15,000lb construction vehicle lit up and flashing like a Christmas tree. Your sure not gonna get me to purposefully block a road with my body :p That's just not gonna end well :D
Speaking of;
I used to install signs(on buildings and pylons at the street) and we were headed back from a job one evening. The trailer lights had messed up and luckily we had a portable strobe light with a long cord on it. We cut the cig. lighter plug off and wired it to the vehicles 4-way trailer harness running lights and placed the strobe on the back of the trailer. The trailer was empty so you could see the turn signals and brake lights on the vehicle. We then turned on the vehicle strobes and took off for the 90-minute drive back to the shop. Once we were back at the office, our salesman informed us that someone called in about the trailer lights not working(he got our number off the truck door) and that we had "dangerous yellow flashing lights on the back of the trailer and top of the truck that could distract drivers and cause an accident". Our salesman proceeded to tell the gentle that he was a DA(not District Attorney) and we had done everything for safety. He told him that yellow flashing lights meant caution and to be careful when around them. I don't know if it clicked with the guy or not.

Carry on with the thread. Just thought I would share.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Speaking of;
I used to install signs(on buildings and pylons at the street) and we were headed back from a job one evening. The trailer lights had messed up and luckily we had a portable strobe light with a long cord on it. We cut the cig. lighter plug off and wired it to the vehicles 4-way trailer harness running lights and placed the strobe on the back of the trailer. The trailer was empty so you could see the turn signals and brake lights on the vehicle. We then turned on the vehicle strobes and took off for the 90-minute drive back to the shop. Once we were back at the office, our salesman informed us that someone called in about the trailer lights not working(he got our number off the truck door) and that we had "dangerous yellow flashing lights on the back of the trailer and top of the truck that could distract drivers and cause an accident". Our salesman proceeded to tell the gentle that he was a DA(not District Attorney) and we had done everything for safety. He told him that yellow flashing lights meant caution and to be careful when around them. I don't know if it clicked with the guy or not.

Carry on with the thread. Just thought I would share.

I tried to flag down a lady while at an intersection. She had left her purse on her roof of her car. She called the office to "complain" about the employee harassing her :rolleyes: boss had one of the other guys call me while they still had the lady on the phone to find out what was going on. She started stuttering and apologizing when my boss informed her, her purse was on the roof of her car :D:D