What's cookin' boys?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Ford - dang that looks great!šŸ˜‹

We had broiled haddock and pasta primavera yesterday.

I had helpā€¦..heā€™s getting so he parks himself like that a lot.

View attachment 90513
Gypsy does the same thing. She's usually stretched out right behind me šŸ˜ŠšŸ˜ŠšŸ˜ŠšŸ˜Š I've gotten to where I shuffle my feet when cooking so I don't accidently step on her or trip over her.

I do have one rule though when cooking. I don't allow her or my grandson near the stove while I have a pot of water boiling. I also verify where they are before dumping it, straining pasta, ect....

I'm super paranoid about spilling boiling water on them.

Reactions: 1 user

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Ford - dang that looks great!šŸ˜‹

We had broiled haddock and pasta primavera yesterday.

I had helpā€¦..heā€™s getting so he parks himself like that a lot.

View attachment 90513
I can see the power in their eyes commanding you to drop some on the floor

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
This is ā€œWhatā€™s cookinā€™ Girlsā€¦ā€

The Mrs. does a Pie Sale Thanksgiving every year.

Sells them baked or frozen unbaked.

Her offerings include Apple, Blackberry, Blueberry , Pumpkin, Cherry, and Pecan. She did 17 blackberry last Saturday. Often a big seller.

I just stay out of the wayā€¦.šŸ˜‰šŸ˜‰

All receipts are donated to a charitable cause of her choosing. This year is toward the adult son of her longtime friend that was terribly hurt in a motorcycle accident.

Last year was a foundation set up by the family of a local teenage high school girl murdered by her boyfriend. More gory causes, but others have been for scoreboard improvements, better dugouts at the baseball field, and many others over the years.

One year, she put it toward new banners of athletic achievements in the high school gymnasium. Our daughters were state champions in track and field, and they were named on some of the replacement banners, but they were all sports. Definitely the closest itā€™s come to our family.

We never claim any of it for tax purposes. Some of the donations are not to 501(c)3 organizations. It makes her feel good, and she makes GREAT pies! Iā€™m glad to support her and stay OUT OF THE WAY!! šŸ˜‰

You can tell itā€™s almost thanksgivingā€¦..

67F6B899-9018-4105-A3B9-1FCCE6CD5335.jpeg

091DCDED-F888-445B-8D25-BDDC54A748CF.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
This is ā€œWhatā€™s cookinā€™ Girlsā€¦ā€

The Mrs. does a Pie Sale Thanksgiving every year.

Sells them baked or frozen unbaked.

Her offerings include Apple, Blackberry, Blueberry , Pumpkin, Cherry, and Pecan. She did 17 blackberry last Saturday. Often a big seller.

I just stay out of the wayā€¦.šŸ˜‰šŸ˜‰

All receipts are donated to a charitable cause of her choosing. This year is toward the adult son of her longtime friend that was terribly hurt in a motorcycle accident.

Last year was a foundation set up by the family of a local teenage high school girl murdered by her boyfriend. More gory causes, but others have been for scoreboard improvements, better dugouts at the baseball field, and many others over the years.

One year, she put it toward new banners of athletic achievements in the high school gymnasium. Our daughters were state champions in track and field, and they were named on some of the replacement banners, but they were all sports. Definitely the closest itā€™s come to our family.

We never claim any of it for tax purposes. Some of the donations are not to 501(c)3 organizations. It makes her feel good, and she makes GREAT pies! Iā€™m glad to support her and stay OUT OF THE WAY!! šŸ˜‰

You can tell itā€™s almost thanksgivingā€¦..

View attachment 90863
View attachment 90864
Yesterday I made a batch of pecan tarts from a recipe that called for a crust with butter and cream cheese. I was hoping to replicate some that the mother of a friend of mine used to mail her when we were working at Woods Hole, and which were fabulous. The recipe I followed wasn't even close. Ratio of crust to filling was too high, and filling wasn't it either. They were ok, but....

RCW would you ask your wife (when she recovers from Thanksgiving) if she has any recipes for these little tarts? I am thinking she might, and perhaps it is a local thing. My friend and her mother lived in Auburn, NY, maybe not too far from you. This was 50 years ago.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Yesterday I made a batch of pecan tarts from a recipe that called for a crust with butter and cream cheese. I was hoping to replicate some that the mother of a friend of mine used to mail her when we were working at Woods Hole, and which were fabulous. The recipe I followed wasn't even close. Ratio of crust to filling was too high, and filling wasn't it either. They were ok, but....

RCW would you ask your wife (when she recovers from Thanksgiving) if she has any recipes for these little tarts? I am thinking she might, and perhaps it is a local thing. My friend and her mother lived in Auburn, NY, maybe not too far from you. This was 50 years ago.
Mary - Iā€™ll ask her.

She was self-taught in pies herself. Sheā€™s of city-based Irish-Italian heritage, and pies were not part of her traditions.

As agrarian ā€œmutts,ā€ were part of mine, and my grandmother did them in a commercial bakery as well as at home.

My mother was a good pie-maker also, but my grandmother was the real dealā€¦ā€¦

My wifeā€™s first blackberry pie she made for my grandmother (her favorite) many years ago got her Seal of Approval and many accoladesā€¦.my wife felt she had crossed an important line in bakingā€¦. ;)

Last edited:

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Rare treat for me. Bagel, cream cheese, and smoked salmon.

salmon.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Prep cooking today. Wife works Thanksgiving so she can take Friday off instead and have a 3 day weekend. Got the kiddos coming over for dinner at 6pm tomorrow night. Turkeys thawing. Got 6 pans of cornbread to make up for stuffing. As well as cookies and pies today. Tomorrow I'll inject the turkey with creole butter, then cook in a baking bag. No carving required šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘ The turkey just falls off the bone šŸ˜ŽšŸ˜ŽšŸ˜ŽšŸ˜Ž Gonna have grean bean casserole, maple glazed carrots, mashed taters, corn bread stuffing, Oat meal raisin cookies, chocolate chip cookies, Dutch apple pie, chocolate pie, smokies, meatballs, and Fiesta dip. šŸ˜ŽšŸ˜ŽšŸ˜ŽšŸ˜ŽšŸ˜Ž

Reactions: 3 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Iā€™ll give you guys and gals ā€œThe Birdā€ā€¦.:oops::oops:

Dayum- -

82A574CB-DF05-4D3C-AA96-BE1AED526487.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
No picsā€¦mom n dad drove down for the weekend, so we just did the usual. Turkey, ham, taters n gravy, stuffing, green bean casserole, deviled eggs, veggie n cheese trays, and pumpkin pie. Got the stretchy pants on now šŸ˜‚

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
No picsā€¦mom n dad drove down for the weekend, so we just did the usual. Turkey, ham, taters n gravy, stuffing, green bean casserole, deviled eggs, veggie n cheese trays, and pumpkin pie. Got the stretchy pants on now šŸ˜‚
Nap time?

Reactions: 1 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
8BA288BE-C51B-452B-B5AF-1F463E6A6AAB.jpeg