What to do?..

hondoo

Equipment
B2650cab
Nov 28, 2017
Meredith, NH
Finally chose the 2650cab, got 0% for 60 months. Approved December 29th and still waiting.

Asked the salesman last week what year I bought as it did'nt say on the paperwork. Was told it was a 2017 and because of this it saved me $1000 in rebates. Just out of curiosity I called another dealer today and was quoted $1000 less then I paid for a 2018 model with rear lights and a Kubota radio, wtf..

I have not taken delivery of the tractor yet but Im not sure if I can back out of the deal and take the other offer.

I'm not looking to jump at every next best deal but this is a lot of loss.

Thoughts?

DuckDog

Equipment
B2650
Jun 23, 2017
Laotto, IN USA
Always Price check different dealers before committing to a deal. Once I’ve found a deal I’m happy with I stop looking. You’ll always find a better deal if you look hard enough! As far as switching to the other dealer I’d let the current dealer know the offer you got and see what he can do.

As far as 17’ or 18’ there were no real changes to my knowledge. Also are the 18’s coming out yet or would you have to wait even longer? I was told they wouldn’t be to dealers for a bit yet. Could be wrong though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBKubota

Equipment
2650HSDC
Aug 3, 2017
New Brunswick
Sometimes it's also worth it to spend a few more bucks if it means having a great dealer/service department. Proximity is good as well.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Man, I know the problem. Had all the invites printed up and had told all my friend and relatives, and then to my amazement I saw this gal that was a knockout!

Well, I followed through with my original plan.:D:D

Do all the trolling you have time for, but when you set the hook you're done.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Man, I know the problem. Had all the invites printed up and had told all my friend and relatives, and then to my amazement I saw this gal that was a knockout!

Well, I followed through with my original plan.:D:D

Do all the trolling you have time for, but when you set the hook you're done.
That un-setting the hook, dayum that hurts the ol checkbook!!!:p:) In more ways than one!:D

Orangeglow

Equipment
2015 BX2370
Jun 19, 2014
Prescott, Ontario
Like others have said, once you have made your deal, and commit, quit looking.
To me, a man is as good as his word, so do your homework, and live with the deal you have made.
Maybe there are some hidden costs in that other deal that will be added in to the total price.

hondoo

Equipment
B2650cab
Nov 28, 2017
Meredith, NH
Final outcome. Dealer made it right. Installed the difference in equipment and gave me a gift certificate for the difference in money. So, if anyone else has an issue like this, just try working it out with your local dealer. Will pay off in the long run.

Thanks for the advise.

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
Like most people I have an inherent distrust of sales people, no offense to members in this field, especially car sales. But the tractor sales staff I have been exposed to, limited I admit, are true to their word and give as much as they can to their customers so I am not surprised that your original dealer addressed your issues in a positive manner. I have the same model and you will love the cab, heater gets hot and AC gets cold what more could you ask for?

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Finally chose the 2650cab, got 0% for 60 months. Approved December 29th and still waiting.

Asked the salesman last week what year I bought as it did'nt say on the paperwork. Was told it was a 2017 and because of this it saved me $1000 in rebates. Just out of curiosity I called another dealer today and was quoted $1000 less then I paid for a 2018 model with rear lights and a Kubota radio, wtf..

I have not taken delivery of the tractor yet but Im not sure if I can back out of the deal and take the other offer.

I'm not looking to jump at every next best deal but this is a lot of loss.

Thoughts?
Buyers regret is the worst...

You bought a really nice machine and you will forget the regret as soon as you start using it. There's always going to be something newer/better/cheaper/faster....enjoy what you got!

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
It really pays to do your homework first. I priced a M9000 from 3 different dealers. Exact same tractor with same options was $7k difference in price between the 3. My local dealer is a bunch of chuckle heads and only reason I went there was because it was close.

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
Glad you got a deal you could live with.
It always pays to ask. What have you got to lose?
Most dealers want to be competitive. When I was buying my tractor my dealer suggested I look around online and find the best deal and he would better it.
I did....and he did.