What size rotary 3-point tiller can i run on my kubota b2100, hydro, 4wd

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
i tried searching, no luck, figured i would ask before some dealer sells me the wrong tiller for my b2100 !. i have watched tons and tons of flutube video's, and nothing comes up for the CORRECT size this tractor can use ?. all video's i have watched only cover the bx sub-compact models. there is not one single video on flutube that say's which size ( width ), hp ( pto ) that is a great match for my tractor. i have the service manual, shows the spec's, as well as i have looked up the spec's online..and the spec's is ALL OVER THE PLACE !. both the service manual say's one thing, and the spec's online say's another ?. If anyone can tell me which tiller i can SAFELY MIND YOU !..use without tearing up my '' new to me '' kubota b2100 ?, i would be very thankful !.

I know a good width would be 48in, at least that is what i came up with ?. i have a woods 48in in the making, and its not cheap by any means !, gear drive ( hate chains ), dealer '' claims '' my b2100 is considered a sub compact ?, well..the spec's calls it a compact, which is it ??. if its a compact, i think i will be pushing my luck with this 48in woods front tine by weight ?, its on up there..which brings me to another problem, i see TWO different weight liftings in both specs, one says 370 something pounds...other say's over 1k ?, which is it ?, before i plunk down a ton of cash on this woods tiller..I WANT TO MAKE SURE I AM NOT MAKING A HUGE MISTAKE !..LOL

Last but not least, this b2100 came with a think ?..a 72in mmm, it could be a 6ft ?, i'll have to check it again to be sure ?. i have no need for it, i will list it in the classified section if anyone is interested in taking it off my hands for a fair price ?. thanks in advance for anyone's help here !.

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
22 views, and no one here knows anything ?..wow..i guess everyone here all has new tractors...so they don't worry about us old tractor guys's...sigh.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I ran a 48" King Kutter on my B7100 (14 pto hp), and it did fine. I never ran into a circumstance where it wouldn't power it.

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
need more info....

- is your soil type heavy and virgin like clay that hasn't been worked in years, or something like loamy already tilled in the not to long ago, or something in between.
- are you looking for a reverse or forward tine tiller tiller (
- what type of penetration you looking at getting
- what type of tines do you want to run on your tiler
- how many tines and how many flanges is the tiller you are considering using
- residential or more frequent commercial use

I would say for a homeowner a 42" would be safe in average conditions. Larger is OK if soil pre-worked and on the softer side, using 4 tines on 6 flanges with "C" shaped blades, and a 5" digging depth.

a good dealer can asses your needs and recommend accordingly.

I would call your tractor a sub compact.

Reactions: 1 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Looked at tractordata to see the specs of your machine...
about 15HP at the PTO, so any small (width of tractor) tiller should be OK. Check the tiller specs to see HP needed to spin it.
As MFM says type of soil has a HUGE bearing on how well it'lll work. If yours is HST ,you can 'dial in' the correct speed, with Gears, ultra low and slow.....

Also add front weight,about 1/3 to 1/2 the tiller weight.

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
need more info....

- is your soil type heavy and virgin like clay that hasn't been worked in years, or something like loamy already tilled in the not to long ago, or something in between.
- are you looking for a reverse or forward tine tiller tiller (
- what type of penetration you looking at getting
- what type of tines do you want to run on your tiler
- how many tines and how many flanges is the tiller you are considering using
- residential or more frequent commercial use

I would say for a homeowner a 42" would be safe in average conditions. Larger is OK if soil pre-worked and on the softer side, using 4 tines on 6 flanges with "C" shaped blades, and a 5" digging depth.

a good dealer can asses your needs and recommend accordingly.

I would call your tractor a sub compact.
was told the ground was tilled along time ago ?, no clue how hard it is right now ?. you nailed the blades right, was told from the tractor dealer this woods 48in forward tines, gear driven, would work just fine. this is just for a home garden, nothing huge i would think.

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
Looked at tractordata to see the specs of your machine...
about 15HP at the PTO, so any small (width of tractor) tiller should be OK. Check the tiller specs to see HP needed to spin it.
As MFM says type of soil has a HUGE bearing on how well it'lll work. If yours is HST ,you can 'dial in' the correct speed, with Gears, ultra low and slow.....

Also add front weight,about 1/3 to 1/2 the tiller weight.
service manual say's my pto hp is 16, 21 hp at engine. it is hst tranny, 4wd. according to the dealer that as this 48in woods, forward rotation, gear driven, my b2100 shouldn't have any problem running it ?, but we all know they just want to make a sell !.

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
I ran a 48" King Kutter on my B7100 (14 pto hp), and it did fine. I never ran into a circumstance where it wouldn't power it.
from my research, it boils down to nothing larger than a 48in rotary front tine tiller.. the b7100 is a larger frame than the b2100..not much ?, but a little compared to the b2100. my pto hp '' claims '' to be 16 ?.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I don't think that the B7100 is appreciably bigger than the B2100.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
i really have no clue to be honest ?, i was just going by the model number ?, i did not look at the specs
Kubota is all over the map with model numbers. The B1700 and B7100 are essentially the same, for example.
Looking at specs, the B2100 is slightly longer and heavier than the B7100. There's no doubt in my mind that it will handle a 48" tiller.

Reactions: 2 users

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
Kubota is all over the map with model numbers. The B1700 and B7100 are essentially the same, for example.
Looking at specs, the B2100 is slightly longer and heavier than the B7100. There's no doubt in my mind that it will handle a 48" tiller.
thank you kindly very much for your time !. now i need to decide which brand name do i want in a 48 inch rotary tiller ?!..lol. here in arkansas i don't have many choices, but the one name that sticks out to me is woods, and i hear this name every day online, and in RL.

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
King Kutter makes a BX line of equipment that is targeted at the sub-compact tractors like the BX series.

I have a 5' tiller from KK from years back that I ran on my B2410, it works, but have to go slow with it as it will shake the schiznit out of you in hard ground.

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
King Kutter makes a BX line of equipment that is targeted at the sub-compact tractors like the BX series.

I have a 5' tiller from KK from years back that I ran on my B2410, it works, but have to go slow with it as it will shake the schiznit out of you in hard ground.
i saved a few hundred bucks, bought this 4 ft titan, also got a 4ft titan box blade at same time.

Attachments

DaveCrocketttt

Equipment
L3301 HST
May 15, 2022
Vermont
Has anyone had trouble with the king kutter PTO shafts fitting?. I’m running an L3301 HST and haven’t purchased the tiller yet but have been a lot of videos of guys ether cutting them down or going with a quick attachment. I’m looking at getting the king kutter 48” XB.

very respectfully
Dave

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Has anyone had trouble with the king kutter PTO shafts fitting?. I’m running an L3301 HST and haven’t purchased the tiller yet but have been a lot of videos of guys ether cutting them down or going with a quick attachment. I’m looking at getting the king kutter 48” XB.

very respectfully
Dave
I have a KK 60" tiller on a 32HP Ford.
Nice quality tiller.

imnukensc

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 10, 2015
Midlands of SC

very respectfully
Dave
Cutting a PTO shaft to fit is common/normal practice. They're not "one size fits all." It has nothing to do with the shafts not "fitting."

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar

very respectfully
Dave
i had to cut the pto shaft for my titan tiller to fit my kubota, very simple process, spec when i have never cut a pto shaft, let alone owned a tractor until i purchased this b2100. all pto shafts will be a factory length, you may..or may not have to cut the pto shaft to fit which ever tiller you buy that you plan on attaching to your tractor. your tractor's rear live pto will be a standard output shaft, as well as the tillers pto shaft shank will be standard as well. the only thing you will have to do is cut the pto shaft to fit from tractor to tiller.

I watched a few youtube video's on how to do this, but most made it look long and hard ?, but i did understand the process. so with that said, here is how i measured and cut my pto shaft. please keep in mind !!, i do not have a QH ( quick hitch attachment ), i hooked my tiller straight to my 3-point hitch on my b2100 tractor. the way i measured my length was i measured from the slot where the pin catches on rear output of my tractor, then from there back to the tillers slot where the bolt goes through on the tillers shaft, this put me right at 25 inches..yes..it will be short for my set up.

Once i got my length, i took the pto shaft apart, removed the plastic outer part ( they have tabs to press in to pull them off the shaft..mine did anyway ) i laid them out on my bench, one right next to the other, then i measured my 25 inches from slot to slot, this showed me how much i needed to removed from each shaft, YOU MUST CUT BOTH SHAFTS TO ALLOW FOR THEM TO SLIDE WHEN RAISING OR LOWERING !, once i seen how much of the shaft i needed to remove ?, i just used a hack saw ( yes..it took me a min or two to cut them..lol ) filed down the burs, slid them together, took it to my b2100, slid it on my rear pto, then slid it on my tiller, when i made my measurement ?..i had the tiller on the ground, level with my rear pto at tractors end. i had no issues what so ever attaching the pto from tractor to tiller.

Then i removed pto, seen how much of the outer plastic cover i needed to cut, and yet at the same time, left enough cover to over lap when in the up or down position. once i had this done, i then greased up the shaft, put it all back together, and walla..worked like a charm !. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND !!!, YOU MUST NOT ALLOW THE SHAFTS TO '' BOTTOM OUT '' INSIDE AT EITHER END ??!!!..OR YOU WILL DAMAGE YOUR TRACTOS PTO ?, OR THE TILLERS SHAFT AT THE GEAR BOX ?!. i hope i made this info useful for you ?, good luck !.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
its on up there..which brings me to another problem, i see TWO different weight liftings in both specs, one says 370 something pounds...other say's over 1k ?, which is it ?,
The lower rating is what it can LIFT with the 3ph, the higher rating is what it can TOW (typically with the tow bar). In reality it will probably lift more weight, but will be unstable and it can tow more weight on stable, level ground, but could be overwhelmed by slopes and rough terrain. There may be an even higher tow weight listed for trailers that have brakes. EG: my owner's manual specifies 1100# for plain axle trailers, 2200# for trailers with brakes.

Note also that a 400# tiller will be considerably heavier when it's packed full of mud and rocks.

A forward rotating tiller will help propel the tractor but bounce more. Reversing the rotation digs deeper and more consistently when breaking new ground, but requires a lot more traction and power.

FWIW, I have a 50" Befco 231rpm forward rotation tiller rated 20 to 40hp and weighing 407 lbs, purchased used in 1995. Works fine behind my 16hp B7100 (13hp at the PTO), rated 400# lift at the ends of the lower lift arms with turf tires, HST and 4WD. But we have fairly sandy soil around here -- I haven't tried it in hard clay.

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
The lower rating is what it can LIFT with the 3ph, the higher rating is what it can TOW (typically with the tow bar). In reality it will probably lift more weight, but will be unstable and it can tow more weight on stable, level ground, but could be overwhelmed by slopes and rough terrain. There may be an even higher tow weight listed for trailers that have brakes. EG: my owner's manual specifies 1100# for plain axle trailers, 2200# for trailers with brakes.

Note also that a 400# tiller will be considerably heavier when it's packed full of mud and rocks.

A forward rotating tiller will help propel the tractor but bounce more. Reversing the rotation digs deeper and more consistently when breaking new ground, but requires a lot more traction and power.

FWIW, I have a 50" Befco 231rpm forward rotation tiller rated 20 to 40hp and weighing 407 lbs, purchased used in 1995. Works fine behind my 16hp B7100 (13hp at the PTO), rated 400# lift at the ends of the lower lift arms with turf tires, HST and 4WD. But we have fairly sandy soil around here -- I haven't tried it in hard clay.
thank you for the info !. you are deff right about the tiller when it gets packed full of mud !, i did not even think about that at all. my b2100 has no problem lifting this titan 4ft rotary tiller, and it is forward rotation, i did take that in to consideration for such a low hp ( 21 hp-16 hp @ pto ). i ran it a good 2-3 hrs yesterday in decent soil, did find a couple med rocks , made a good dent in the rear lid-cover ?, but i knew this was going to happen, there is no way around this at all for a forward rotation tiller, couple smacks with a mallet, problem solved..lol.