What next

Old Mcdonald

Equipment
BX 24
Mar 1, 2014
rye,Tx
Bx25- runs a few minutes, idles down to a rough idle, dies, let set a few minutes and cranks but does the same. Assuming it is a fuel starve problem, changed filters and fuel pump, but got the same. What's next?

bxray

Equipment
Bx25d
Dec 1, 2014
Cleveland, ohio
Try with the fuel cap loose.
Did you purge out all the air after fuel filter change?
It maybe cloged in the tank.
Have read others having this problem.

Old Mcdonald

Equipment
BX 24
Mar 1, 2014
rye,Tx
Try with the fuel cap loose.
Did you purge out all the air after fuel filter change?
It maybe cloged in the tank.
Have read others having this problem.
Noticed no fuel coming out of tank while changing filter, what would clog the tank of all things?? Is there a screen in there?

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Algae and bacteria grow in the tank and form clumps that stick in the lines. A pain to clear out.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Noticed no fuel coming out of tank while changing filter, what would clog the tank of all things?? Is there a screen in there?
#1 would be a foreign object like grass or other stuff.
Next most common is algae, you can get Soltron to help with that issue. ;)

RustyW

Equipment
L3430GST
Sep 20, 2016
Muldrow Oklahoma
No help on the dieing issue but if there is alge in the fuel I've had good luck with Killem fuel treatment. This is a pic of my fuel filter bowl on my Cummins. It had the same symptoms you're having. I changed the filter & found this in the filter housing. A local shop told me it was alge and sold me a can of the Killem. I ran a tank with the killem & so far no problems since.
http://fppf.com/component/catalog/?task=catalog.product&id=20

Racer X

Equipment
GR2110 ~ 1948 Ford 8N ~ 1948 Adams Motor Grader ~ Kubota L260
Apr 28, 2017
The Great Pacific Northwet
No help on the dieing issue but if there is alge in the fuel I've had good luck with Killem fuel treatment. This is a pic of my fuel filter bowl on my Cummins. It had the same symptoms you're having. I changed the filter & found this in the filter housing. A local shop told me it was alge and sold me a can of the Killem. I ran a tank with the killem & so far no problems since.
http://fppf.com/component/catalog/?task=catalog.product&id=20

Did you also clean out the algae?

Or does the Killem break it down enough to pass through the fuel system and get burned?