What does everyone collect or do for a hobby?

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Not too many 'hobbies'. Hunting and fishing mostly.

I do a little 'flintnapping' from time to time when I feel like it.

Mostly points to hunt with. But sometimes just go and sit down by the pond, relax and see what I can turn out.

HP3A (800x600).jpg
Dalton1.jpg
IMG_0829 (2).jpg
pileofrocks2.jpg

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Reactions: 1 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
  • Haha

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Thanks, but they're just rocks. Something to do....I guess.
You underestimate your talent.
I have tried to do this on multiple occasions, and it is not easy, at least for us mortals.

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Lx2610 Cab, Fel, Backhoe, Grapple, Box Grader, Forks
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
Love the oils filter collection! I collect Oil cans but only have one shelf built so far.
I collect Corvair oil filters, because I have a Corvair, and the oil filter that Corvair uses, is not used on any other vehicle known to man (or woman, to be politically correct). I have them in cases of 25 filters to a display case. Last year, a friend built 4 additional cases for me, but haven't gotten around to putting filters into them. I should have asked him to build more, but I didn't want to push my luck. The first 4 I built in my father in laws shop, but he passed away, and I don't have a woodworking shop.
The above is from a reply in another thread from a little over a year ago. When I first started reading this thread it sounded very familiar, so I searched for my original reply and found it in another thread.
https://www.orangetractortalks.com/...n-your-kubota-today.6326/page-489#post-488455

I now have 8 cases holding 200 filters, and possibly another 100 in boxes waiting to be sorted out and then put into additional display boxes once I get them made. I keep them in alphabetical order, so every few years requires a complete reset of all the display cases. I am working on that presently.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

WDF

Equipment
Kubota L2501 HST/FEL
Jan 4, 2021
Central Florida
I collect old John Deere Tractors, 80s trucks, and chainsaws. Wife collects little dogs. Lost gun collection in a boating accident.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Super cool, love old
Locks and actually collect locks myself. But that finger jointed DuPont box is pretty freaking cool! Love the pics you guys did!
My brother's FIL had these boxes and was going to throw them in the dumpster. Yikes!! My brother grabbed them for me, thinking they'd go good with some of our military group collections.
Dupont Explosives Boxes.JPG Dupont Box 1.JPG Dupont Box 2.JPG Dupont Box Top[.JPG

For high end clientele, such as lockouts in jewelry stores and fancier businesses......we do have our dress uniforms for a more upscale/professional appearance!
Dress Safecracker Attire.JPG

The other day our combined police/fire/etc. services were holding a shooter/rescue exercise/drill. It was tempting to dress up in our attire and think about driving by. Or running between trees while peeking out from behind. Common sense prevailed when we figured it wouldn't look good to be behind bars and featured on the 6 o'clock news! It was fun thinking about it though!!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
Nicee! Love me some 80’s square bodies! And what do you mean you lost your gun collection in a boating accident??

I collect old John Deere Tractors, 80s trucks, and chainsaws. Wife collects little dogs. Lost gun collection in a boating accident.

Pawnee

Equipment
L2501
Jul 1, 2021
Ontario Canada
Nicee! Love me some 80’s square bodies! And what do you mean you lost your gun collection in a boating accident??
He means that while out boating, the boat rolled over hard enough to allow all of his guns to slide into the deep water at an unknown location.
None of the guns are recoverable, some of them are now banned. They can not be surrendered because he no longer has them.
It's an unfortunate situation.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
He means that while out boating, the boat rolled over hard enough to allow all of his guns to slide into the deep water at an unknown location.
None of the guns are recoverable, some of them are now banned. They can not be surrendered because he no longer has them.
It's an unfortunate situation.
Common occurrence it seems, so sad. ;)

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Motorcycles. That's my thing. Not collecting (although my wife would disagree) but racing them. Thats me on the 132 fighting my good friend for 3rdplace in the Middleweight Superbike class.
DS6A2851-2.jpg

Reactions: 5 users