What do you use for a welder?

06BlueRam

Equipment
Belarus 525M & Kubota L3010 and BX2370-1
Mar 25, 2013
Missouri

CCR. It's my version of a chicken plucker.15 to 30 seconds all feathers gone.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I have been saving used horse shoes for 30 years thinking to make a sculpture out of them, but welding is not in my future. Anyone wants them can have them :)

I got a coworker that makes crosses, coat hooks and other nick knacks out of horseshoes and sells them on eBay. He figured out how to copper plate them using electrolysis. They look really sharp when he gets done with them :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Baby Sis saves them for lil bro he does that stuff too, between her abd her boy friend they have 7 critters, though he found out there are different knids of shoes and different steels and sizes and well its a PIA but he makes some nice stuff,,he made Sis a little Xmas tree last year ,,,I never knew he has an artistic spot,,lol

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
YIKES!

That must hurt!!!

LOL!!! :)

Those are rubber noogies I take it. Very creative! Is it hard to clean out?

06BlueRam

Equipment
Belarus 525M & Kubota L3010 and BX2370-1
Mar 25, 2013
Missouri
Yes they are rubber fingers. There's a 1" gap around the bottom so it will wash out easy. You can watch whiz bang pluckers on youtube to see how they work.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Knott

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2015 BX2670-1, BX2755HD Snow Blower, Farmking 4' box Blade, BX 2760A Plow Blade
Jun 2, 2015
Manitoba
I just picked up the ESAB Rebel EMP 215IC & love it. The MIG is the most arc stable welder l have used. The TIG is very nice, but l am upgrading the torch & hose. The stick is also very arc stable & smooth. This is the best multi-process welder l have tried, & yes l have tried the others, but bought the Rebel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Hey Daren - - my welds are getting better!

I did make 2 more passes...

Attachments

MaleHoe

Equipment
Kubota B2620 TLB, JD X495
Jun 23, 2016
Latrobe PA
I just purchased a new Hobart mig welder. Hobart and Miller are now owned buy the same people and sharing things between the companies. The regulator for the gas is a Miller for one thing.

I had a few other mig's in the past but this one's the best so far. Very well built.

No 220v in the shop so I had to go with a 110v model the 140amp "Handler".

I'm setup to run gas or flux core, never used the flux core...yet.

I like how the wire drive is made from metal, not plastic like the others I owned which was always the source of troubles.

Last edited:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Fired up the 40 plus year old tecomaster for a quick weld out the door of my shop. That old beast runs a nice bead. Ok, maybe i got lucky.

Looking at steppin up my mig, lincoln 130 just is a little light.
Millermatic will be my choice.

hank2000

Equipment
Kabota L3000F
Aug 27, 2016
louisville
I have an old Lincoln 225 stick welder that belonged to my dad. Still welds like it did when it was new. I had a Clark wire welder that ran off 110 did a fair job. But it was lost in a f4 tornado about 2 1/2 years ago. Just bought a Miller 190 mig welder last week runs off of 220. Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bunker Buster

Equipment
2015 L2501DT
I have an OLD Miller gas welder on a trailer for fence work, etc... and a Hobart Handler 185 for the shop. The Hobart is probably 10 yrs old and all it's needed is a new board, gun and occasional liner. I just acquired two new tig/arc machines that I need to play with. It's been years since I picked up a tig.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Yep, he b d bes'! I've learned an amazing amount from him (hush, skeets!). Best advice I've gotten from him: "pads". (Really jacked up my elec. bill!) :eek:

Also picked up a good tip from Tooljunkie:
"If you cant weld good,weld lots" :D
Shaun, that quote came from a guy that welded two big snap-on sockets together to make a deep one. Also welded the head of his stripped snap-on ratchet.
Did some pretty brutal things to machinery all for the sake of "gettin er done"

Daren, i bet it feels empowering to have a welder ready and willing.....

Just got my new torch head/cable for my plasma torch. Not much of a machine, but part service was quick.considering Longevity is in california,i sent an emal and 1 hour later they called. Shipped it that day.

Last edited: