What do you ride, and whats the last thing you did to it?

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2022 Kubota L4060 Polaris Rangerxp800 Ford 3400
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
In the fall of 2020 I sold my 2006 kawasaki vulcan 1500 classic and my wife sold her 1999 honda 600 vlx shadow. We then found a really nice 2006 Miata with 37k on it and have enjoyed that so much more! Don't miss the bikes and I have had one since 76. Had a near miss with someone on a cellphone backing out in front of me riding the bike and it scared me.

Bill
I have been looking for ragtop Camaro...still kereping my bikes though. Cell phone idiots pull out i. Front of cars as well. Should make all hands free because it wont ever get better. I ride out in the rural areas by my house now. Used to freeway ride daily. Speed limit 70 but people doing 90 and on phones.
I just cant stop riding though. Adapting....

Reactions: 1 user

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I loved riding and still would if I could but when we got our first convertible it was one of the best investments for relaxation. Sitting back relaxing on the country roads with my wife cranking the music and acting like kids again. Soo relaxing, like a natural high!😊

Reactions: 1 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Revisiting this thread for more smiles :)

In almost 1mm miles of mainly long distance riding I had one accident, on my way home from work. I was stopped at a light and the woman behind me popped me. Flew over the back of the bike and landed on my head. Even though I was knocked out the helmet saved me from a much more serious injury.

Being that this is Easter and what is going on in the Ukraine, I offer this. It's from one of my mc rides:
ukrainian easter egg vegreville.JPG

The largest Ukrainian Easter Egg (Pysanka) in the world. Vegreville, Alberta.

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
I loved riding and still would if I could but when we got our first convertible it was one of the best investments for relaxation. Sitting back relaxing on the country roads with my wife cranking the music and acting like kids again. Soo relaxing, like a natural high!😊
That is what we are doing for sure!

Bill

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I enjoyed riding, and yes you have to ride for your self and watch everybody out there,, My self I would like to fid either a 57 Ford 2 door Fairlane 500, or a 71 Plymouth Satellite Sebring, 383 with a 4 way . I have had both of them and I really miss them.
But I really miss my 35 Ply coupe .. ahh well life goes on

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I enjoyed riding, and yes you have to ride for your self and watch everybody out there,, My self I would like to fid either a 57 Ford 2 door Fairlane 500, or a 71 Plymouth Satellite Sebring, 383 with a 4 way . I have had both of them and I really miss them.
Yep up to the early early 70s was the good ol days! Always wanted that style coupe.. but I'd take the other two no problem!👍

FrozenInTime

Equipment
BX2370
Mar 25, 2015
ND
Trike.jpg

Have had many different bikes starting in 1970. Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki and HD. Bike before this 2021 Tri-Glide was an HD Fatboy (gave to son last year). Have gotten to the point arty-right-us in the back makes it difficult for myself, with my wife was downright dangerous so now, this will more than likely be my last motorbike.

Last thing I did to it? Replaced windscreen with dark tinted screen, better rear shocks, cup holder and tour-pak relocation to make more room for better half.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
View attachment 78463
Have had many different bikes starting in 1970. Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki and HD. Bike before this 2021 Tri-Glide was an HD Fatboy (gave to son last year). Have gotten to the point arty-right-us in the back makes it difficult for myself, with my wife was downright dangerous so now, this will more than likely be my last motorbike.

Last thing I did to it? Replaced windscreen with dark tinted screen, better rear shocks, cup holder and tour-pak relocation to make more room for better half.
Beautiful trike there. Never seen a nice dark green one like that. Most of them around here are black or black. (I hear black is also an option as well)

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
Yep up to the early early 70s was the good ol days! Always wanted that style coupe.. but I'd take the other two no problem!👍
A friend has his dads 35 Plymouth coupe. Beautiful car.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
Beautiful trike there. Never seen a nice dark green one like that. Most of them around here are black or black. (I hear black is also an option as well)
Lol....or black. I saw a new Blue 1 at my dealer but as you say, most are Black.

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
Well I had a 64 rambler american in the 70's for a work car and I loved the simplicity. I was looking for one as a retirement project But there is some kind of cult following at least on ebay as they are crazy priced all rusted out. So I casually said to my wife one day about about selling the bikes and getting a maita. She went to work looking and found one on market place and the rest is history.

Bill

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
Well I had a 64 rambler american in the 70's for a work car and I loved the simplicity. I was looking for one as a retirement project But there is some kind of cult following at least on ebay as they are crazy priced all rusted out. So I casually said to my wife one day about about selling the bikes and getting a maita. She went to work looking and found one on market place and the rest is history.

Bill
I think thats awesome you guys enjoy life. The car or bike is immaterial. Hats off to ypu guys. I liked Ramblers. Reminded me of the Valiants push button transmission cars.
I almost pulled rhe trigger on a 2022 Camaro SS but the price, i could not get any wiggle room. Hard to digest 62k for a toy. I will find the right 1 though. My wife doesnt ride at all.
So we coukd really cruise together in a ragtop.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I agree. I ordered parts for my Ws6 Trans am 2001 from Gm Direct....used vin number even. They said in stock. Then i got a email yesterday. Stock was actually zero and the part is on backorder to god knows when.
I hear this happens a lot lately from talking to friends. Partzilla is usualy very good. I think it is thier suppliers that overpromise deliveries. Same with this Gm site.
Good luck...i know i need some.
bait and switch?

seeing a lot of it lately

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I'm looking at some stuff....

91 Mustang 5.0, auto, convertible. I can get it for $1700, been sitting up and will need a tank, fuel pump and a GOOD cleaning.

Also neighbor guy is trying to sell his 2008 Kawasaki Teryx 750. Not sure I want it but if I can get the price down, might be worth it to "flip".

Then of course there's some other stuff out there too, just messaged a guy who's got a 2014 Polaris Ranger 800 with engine trouble. I have several of those engines available to play with. Gotta get it cheap though. We are working on that. GF might actually ride the Ranger. She won't ride the Teryx at all, don't like it for some reason.

If I was buying a bike today I'd buy a Yamaha MT-07. But I ain't buying one, so I'll stick with my Zuma.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
My latest ones pictured first in order..
I'm looking at some stuff....

91 Mustang 5.0, auto, convertible. I can get it for $1700, been sitting up and will need a tank, fuel pump and a GOOD cleaning.

Also neighbor guy is trying to sell his 2008 Kawasaki Teryx 750. Not sure I want it but if I can get the price down, might be worth it to "flip".

Then of course there's some other stuff out there too, just messaged a guy who's got a 2014 Polaris Ranger 800 with engine trouble. I have several of those engines available to play with. Gotta get it cheap though. We are working on that. GF might actually ride the Ranger. She won't ride the Teryx at all, don't like it for some reason.

If I was buying a bike today I'd buy a Yamaha MT-07. But I ain't buying one, so I'll stick with my Zuma.
That mustang sounds like a Deal! I had to drop the tank and replace the pump in our 03.. they wanted a fortune for the factory one so I went to AutoZone and took my chances. No problems so far.. 3 years +.

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
I ride a few different bikes, my latest two purchased this year being a 2014 CB1100 shown here a few weeks back:

And a Moto Guzzi V85TT which I don't have a good pic of. The one I'm currently working on is my 93 BMW R100R.

2manybikes

Equipment
19 L3560 HST with cab.
Aug 2, 2021
SW Va.
I'm not married to a particular brand either. The Honda is a nice bike and I would not have identified it by looking at the pic. The BMW is very nice. I had an R1200C but sold it a few years ago and got a R1200 GS. The GS is a very comfortable bike to ride for someone with a 36" inseam! The V85 series is a a bit too small for me but I do enjoy the EV and California series. That is a great looking lift, is it pneumatic?
IMG_9719.jpg

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
Thanks, LOL I think I have 2manybikes too! BMW's R1200/1250 GS is a great all around motorcycle, I go back and forth between a GS and RS, currently I have an RS. The V85TT fits me (5'-11", 190) well it reminds me of my old Airhead R100GS in a lot of ways only with better brakes.

The California is a classic looking Guzzi I love it!

I've had my Handy lift for a long time, actually it's electric so not as fast up and down as pneumatic but it can be stopped anywhere because no prop rod is needed.

A pic I took of the V85 a few weeks back on a nice day when out breaking it in.

FrozenInTime

Equipment
BX2370
Mar 25, 2015
ND
Thanks!
I believe only offered one year on trikes and baggers, I've not seen another one. Called Snake Venom, will change colors depending on which way the sun hits it. Has the HD 1 painted under the clearcoat, pretty cool.