What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

K7G

Equipment
L2501HST, LA526 w/ L2248, BB1260, RCR1860, EA Disc Harrow
May 29, 2023
Aladamnbama
Just south of Clanton. Prattville is closer than Alabaster, but not by much, and still have to back-track a bit to go south. Going for the home inspection tomorrow to see if there's any deal breakers. As long as there's no termites or crazy electrical problems inside the house, I don't see a problem. I'd like for the seller to at least clean the pool up, but I'm not going to let that be the end of the sale. Just gotta find out how hard he wants to play ball. He came 30 off list, but IMO it needed to be a little more. A lot of cleaning could have been done for that asking price, and yet NONE was done. FIRST thing that's gotta happen is cutting the grass. It's VERY thick and tall already, and I don't want it to get away from me. Gonna have to get a finish mower behind the LX ASAP.
We’re just north of Opelika across the Chambers Co line. It seems I’ve driven, ridden or taken the bus between Montgomery and Brent AL on highway 82 that I could drive it blindfolded. The tree that I missed by 3 feet in 1985 still stands,

06B3030

Equipment
B3030, LA403, BH75, York Rake, Plug Aerator, 6' Rear Mower, Forks, Weight Box
Sep 21, 2015
MA
Nope!
If you curently have regular fluorescent bulbs, you will need to rewire the fixtures to bypass the ballasts for LED's.
Very simple to do though.
o_O...what do you have...48" headlights??????

trial and error

Equipment
B7100dt manual trans. homemade FEL, 4 way hydraulic dozer blade
Feb 16, 2023
NY
Again didn't take the time to get action shots of the kubota putting in work, it's just way too humid and I had too much to do in order to be done at a decent time. But I got the mess cleaned up there's some evidence of the job, sawdust,leaves and a few stray twigs but nothing that won't dissappear with a few runs of the lawnmower.
"Final product" below looking from the neighbors side . The triple cluster,had to be left "high stumped" as there is a metal property marker sticking straight out of the middle of it and my brother didn't feel like cutting steel with his brand new echo 7310xp, and I wasnt trying to do it with the 590 either

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Mine only lasted 6 years, 2 months in my L3901DT. I think you got your moneys worth :)
yeah I won’t complain 😂 was able to jump it off and it made it through the day, will pull it and take it with me to work this week, I get a better deal through work and they will deliver it to me 😁

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
This probably won't make any sense to anyone reading this, except perhaps the Hams (Amateur Radio operators) among us.

I have wire antennas in trees. If the wires stay up there in one place too long, sometimes the tree will grow around a wire. Normally not a huge problem....until....the wire breaks and now it's the wrong length to be resonant on whatever frequency I intend for it to be on.

I had a wire break recently, part of it fell to the ground, so I knew from measuring that my wire is "stuck" in a tree about 40' up. THere's no way for me to reach it. I tried yanking on it by hand but no go. I'm not 20 anymore so could not seem to break the #12AWG R90 wire by hand.
Also, I have in the past had whole branches come down off the top of the tree and almost clock me, so I always try to wrestle wires with something....lawn tractor, car, truck, and now the BX2380

I was able to get the "near end" tied to the trailer hitch on the tractor and "pop" it out of the treetop by merely driving forward maybe 3'.... Judging from the insulation, I only lost 6" of actual copper. NBD.

I love this tractor.

If you really zoom in, you can see the wire roughly center of the drivers seat, right of center, off kilter to the right. It's tied to the hitch. Goes up 40-41' into the canopy "somewhere"

Did I mention I love this thing? (p.s.- I had the ROPS up and hardhat and safety glasses on before popping the wire out of the tree)
20230909_115830.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

trial and error

Equipment
B7100dt manual trans. homemade FEL, 4 way hydraulic dozer blade
Feb 16, 2023
NY
Edit: I forgot to post the link so it's in here now Here's a videos of the "multi pile maple take down" described in my previous posts from the weekend no footage of me or the Kubota, but I know yall like pictures and videos so here's a link. My brother is the one running things, I'm the ground guy, video is just over 9 minutes, he will appreciate the views and don't judge too harsh on the saw bogging its brand new to him and not broken in yet. Also If anyone wants a top handle saw and is into the milwakee line their top handle 18 volt saw paired with a big battery is very impressive. For in tree work

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
Then worked on the pull behind mower. One of the bearings went out and I was trying to remove the blade mounting plate to pull the spindle out. I tried using a puller, but that didn't work. Going to ask a friend if I can bring it over and have him heat it up, I don't have a torch. Took me a little while to find a 2x6 short enough for a safety.

View attachment 111181

Did you try putting lots of pressure on with the puller and then taking a 3 lb hammer giving the head of the puller bolt a solid whack. That often does the trick.

gg

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
This probably won't make any sense to anyone reading this, except perhaps the Hams (Amateur Radio operators) among us.

I have wire antennas in trees. If the wires stay up there in one place too long, sometimes the tree will grow around a wire. Normally not a huge problem....until....the wire breaks and now it's the wrong length to be resonant on whatever frequency I intend for it to be on.

I had a wire break recently, part of it fell to the ground, so I knew from measuring that my wire is "stuck" in a tree about 40' up. THere's no way for me to reach it. I tried yanking on it by hand but no go. I'm not 20 anymore so could not seem to break the #12AWG R90 wire by hand.
Also, I have in the past had whole branches come down off the top of the tree and almost clock me, so I always try to wrestle wires with something....lawn tractor, car, truck, and now the BX2380

I was able to get the "near end" tied to the trailer hitch on the tractor and "pop" it out of the treetop by merely driving forward maybe 3'.... Judging from the insulation, I only lost 6" of actual copper. NBD.

I love this tractor.

If you really zoom in, you can see the wire roughly center of the drivers seat, right of center, off kilter to the right. It's tied to the hitch. Goes up 40-41' into the canopy "somewhere"

Did I mention I love this thing? (p.s.- I had the ROPS up and hardhat and safety glasses on before popping the wire out of the tree)
View attachment 111251
I remember the days of 80 and 40 meter dipoles strung in the trees as high as we could get around the yard by my buddy (now my BIL) and I and my father just going nuts not understanding the importance of
it all. 1960 !

gg

Reactions: 1 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I had to make a run to Maine today but by the time I got home the rain had stopped and I had a chance to exercise my stump bucket.

I was able to pop 3 stumps out in less than an hour but then it started to rain. 6 more to do tomorrow. I was originally going to just cut off the stumps and leave them to rot but then I measured where the new arborvitae will go. The pines are spaced 8' apart. I'll plant an arborvitae in each of their holes and another halfway between them.

3 stumps removed 20230910_171928.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
That looks an awful lot like a variation of Salvia. We grow the black/blue variation for the hummingbirds and bumblebees. Had I known how invasive it was, I'd never have let the missus put it in the beds with the azaleas. Got a mess to dig up this fall after first frost. Next time it gets cultivated, it's gonna get a plastic border put around it to prevent spreading so quickly. A section from a 5 gallon bucket should do nicely to prevent the rhizomes from spreading.
Could be. I know the hummingbirds tend to like it.

It grows wild in places like this, along the banks of ponds, lakes, and permanent streams. This is a wider view of where this one is, albeit not taken the same day. So if it can take over, good luck to it. I’d be OK with that.
IMG_0522.jpeg

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Did you try putting lots of pressure on with the puller and then taking a 3 lb hammer giving the head of the puller bolt a solid whack. That often does the trick.

gg
I had a lot of pressure on it with the puller and hammered on it one the sides and on the bolt in the shaft.

06B3030

Equipment
Sep 21, 2015
MA
I have 24 - 96" LEDs, and they require a mid mount support clip to avoid saging.
Nicely done!

Tractor Lights Mount.jpg

Does the "saging" help to remove the negative energy?????

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
@Old_Paint Have you moved to the new property yet?
Unfortunately, we had to back out. There were a lot of things done in construction as well as a lot of bubbafied mods that were gonna cost a lot more on top of the purchase price. Owner wouldn't budge on price, so we let him keep it. I spent about $1K on inspections from two different companies, and they still missed most of the things I saw. Apparently, they seem to think if a structure is standing after 20 years, it's built right. Not so, and that house has a lot of examples of how NOT to do things, some of which are just plain dangerous. I'm quite surprised it hasn't burned down yet.

It's still on the market, because there were a lot of problems, some of which the seller's agent now has to disclose to potential buyers. I was willing to go about half the costs of the repairs with him, but he got greedy. The owners refinanced the home two years ago, and again last year, for a total of nearly $150K, which had they spent on the house, it probably would have been worth the asking price. Basically, they used the house as an ATM after real estate prices went stupid during a seller's market. Dunno what they did with the money, and it's none of my business, but I know what they didn't do with it.

I'm too old to be doing that much work, so the missus and I hashed it out, and decided it would be a bad idea. Told the seller's agent that our final offer was as high as we would go, and let us know if he changed his mind. Not likely, but there are things happening that might still land the property for us.

Reactions: 3 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Yeah, it's in the mint family, so you'll find it to be very invasive as I described. Very strong mint smell when disturbed. We had some red too, but it isn't as prolific here as the black/blue. Fortunately.

ejb11235

Equipment
BX23S, Braber BBR4G 4' Box Blade & LRM5G 5' landscape rake
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
I need to pull the pump from my 135' well. The downtube is 20' sticks of schedule 80 PVC threaded together, so I can't just yard it out like I could with polyethylene. So built a crane using a ladder and tractor. Weight is minimal, but stability is important ... nice to have the backhoe because I can use the outriggers to level the tractor. I did a test run yesterday and everything went really well. I have a couple of improvements to make to the setup and the process, but overall I call it a success. Maintaining control and a vertical haul-up are important, as I don't want to break the pipe and watch it disappear down into the well. I used a pipe hitch for the haul-up and a Klemheist knot for the progress capture and safety.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
klemheist.jpg
pipehitch.jpg

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

06B3030

Equipment
Sep 21, 2015
MA
I need to pull the pump from my 135' well. The downtube is 20' sticks of schedule 80 PVC threaded together, so I can't just yard it out like I could with polyethylene. So built a crane using a ladder and tractor. Weight is minimal, but stability is important ... nice to have the backhoe because I can use the outriggers to level the tractor. I did a test run yesterday and everything went really well. I have a couple of improvements to make to the setup and the process, but overall I call it a success. Maintaining control and a vertical haul-up are important, as I don't want to break the pipe and watch it disappear down into the well. I used a pipe hitch for the haul-up and a Klemheist knot for the progress capture and safety.
View attachment 111353 View attachment 111354 View attachment 111355 View attachment 111356 View attachment 111357 View attachment 111358
Nicely done!!!!! (y)