What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Not from today but another use for our tractors đź‘Š
Most definitely. Only way I’ve picked up deer since getting the loader. Up until a couple months before his demise, my father loved deer hunting but was too worn out to get them up or dress them. So our SOP was he called whenever he got one. First time he got one down and realized he couldn’t get it on his 4 wheeler he called for help and I told him I’d be there in about 15 minutes. Showed up with the loader. He asked why I didn’t bring the Mule. Told him I ain’t struggling with a 180lb deer carcass to get it in the back of the Mule. Rolled it into the bucket and off we went. Dressed it out and dumped the washtub full of undesirable stuff in the bucket. Back to the woods to dump in a hole for the coyotes to feast on away from the houses. Hose out the bucket and done. I didn’t buy a loader to keep messing with lifting heavy objects.

Reactions: 5 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Sewer line repair to retrieve a stupid cap that plugged the line. I was told that we'd be down 11 plus feet, so we went with a rented orange mule and some trench boxes. Turned out to be only 9 feet down, but it still made for an impressive mound of dirt. Oh, and the rented mule came with an 18" bucket! Not what was ordered. Oh well.

Ready:
H2-BUR525B-1.JPG

Oh, here it is...

H2-BUR525B-3.JPG

Re-plumb

H2-BUR525B-5.JPG

ready for backfill

H2-BUR525B-6.JPG

done

H2-BUR525B-8.JPG

H2-BUR525B-11.JPG

on to the next one.

Reactions: 8 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Sewer line repair to retrieve a stupid cap that plugged the line. I was told that we'd be down 11 plus feet, so we went with a rented orange mule and some trench boxes. Turned out to be only 9 feet down, but it still made for an impressive mound of dirt. Oh, and the rented mule came with an 18" bucket! Not what was ordered. Oh well.

Ready:
View attachment 107578

Oh, here it is...

View attachment 107579

Re-plumb

View attachment 107580

ready for backfill

View attachment 107581

done

View attachment 107582
View attachment 107583

on to the next one.
How did that cap ever get IN the line?

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
This is true. If something needed to be done, I wouldn't have a problem doing it outside. Fortunately, today, I can choose.
Interestingly enough, out heat index is not forecasted to be much different from yours. You probably lack the wafting scent of Canadian fires though.
^^^^^^

Yep, not much chance it will make it this far South.

We have a different problem coming across our border, I'd prefer the smoke.

Hope they get the fires under control. Got to be rough on the those Canucks....EH?
Title:
Saharan Dust: What is the latest outlook and how does it get to San Antonio?

Link:

(Sent from KSAT 12 News)

Open borders continue too cause problems.
20230718_171720.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Schmitty

Equipment
L4740, grapple, forks, box blade
Mar 25, 2018
Madison, WI
Swapped on new rear (ballasted) tires from a fellow OTT'er. Also swapped fronts from foam filled to solid rubber. Let me tell you, it took a while to get the solid tires with the correct bolt pattern! :p

IMG_1108 (Medium).jpeg

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Our well is about 300ft away, I have the water heater set one knoch above the pilot light, no joke, lol.

If you want a cold shower, that will have to happen in the early morning.
How deep is your pipe from the well? In the northeast we run it 3 to 4 feet deep and the water temperature stays approximately the same all year. Of course you are saving on water heating.

Reactions: 1 user

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
How deep is your pipe from the well? In the northeast we run it 3 to 4 feet deep and the water temperature stays approximately the same all year. Of course you are saving on water heating.
~2 to 3ft

The bays/gulf water temperatures near the coast is 87 to 90*

I have measured the water temperature in the water trough about a month ago for the cattle at 97*. I have been running a 20min run time at 5pm to flush out the hot water, so the cows will intake adequate amount of water in the evenings.

Last edited:

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Found a fatigue crack in my Husqvarna mower deck after cutting grass this morning. Takes all of 5 minutes to drag the deck out from under the little orange tractor, but I ain’t got the lower back for lifting it. Picked it up with the LX and inverted it on the portable welding table for repairs, then held it up to put a little touch up paint on my excellent grinding. I weld sorta like a dirt dauber using sandy mud. But I’m pretty good with a grinder. My welding gives me plenty grinding practice. The mower deck gives me a little welding practice. It’s getting pretty old for a residential mower that’s had a hard life, but I keep it patched up with the welder as long as the engine holds up. The Husqvarna is 22 HP, only 4 HP less than the LX, and shows no sign of quitting any time soon.

RMS

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, RCR1260, PFL1242, LX2963, RB1684, WC-68 Chipper,Flail Mower
Sep 26, 2021
Buckfield Maine
Found a dead deer in one of the fields on the property while mowing and used the forks for dispatching. Took it way out back in the woods. The buzzards and coyotes will be happy.

Attachments

OntheRidge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB, Homestead 55" grapple, LP 1684 rear blade, WR Long 84" snowplow
Nov 1, 2020
Found a fatigue crack in my Husqvarna mower deck after cutting grass this morning. Takes all of 5 minutes to drag the deck out from under the little orange tractor, but I ain’t got the lower back for lifting it. Picked it up with the LX and inverted it on the portable welding table for repairs, then held it up to put a little touch up paint on my excellent grinding. I weld sorta like a dirt dauber using sandy mud. But I’m pretty good with a grinder. My welding gives me plenty grinding practice. The mower deck gives me a little welding practice. It’s getting pretty old for a residential mower that’s had a hard life, but I keep it patched up with the welder as long as the engine holds up. The Husqvarna is 22 HP, only 4 HP less than the LX, and shows no sign of quitting any time soon.
A grinder and paint make you the welder you ain't! :LOL: Cheers!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
My well is 196' deep, and the water coming up is cold even with temps in triple digits..
Only problem is it pumps into 3 black holding tanks and it gets warm. Actually it gets hot. When I unscrew the lid on one steam vapor actually come out.
I have to turn the water flow through on my tankless water heater to try and get the water cooler since the default minimum setting is 101deg.
Summer in Texas.

Last edited: