What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Had to pull the little fishing boat out of the water. For some reason the darn thing keeps filling with water in the pontoons. Really irritating.
boat.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Got a yard of crushed concrete from the local recycling place and spread it under the tool shed- lean too this morning. I wouldn't have wanted to move the 2400lbs with a shovel and wheelbarrow
How clean does that seem to be? I just put down about 60 tons of what they call #2 reag. Fist size chunks. I expected wire, conduit, metal, and other junk to be in there. For the top coat, they have a crush & run equivalent and 57s. Just not if there is the same amount of tire popping trash in there.

Reactions: 1 user

trial and error

Equipment
B7100dt manual trans. homemade FEL, 4 way hydraulic dozer blade
Feb 16, 2023
NY
How clean does that seem to be? I just put down about 60 tons of what they call #2 reag. Fist size chunks. I expected wire, conduit, metal, and other junk to be in there. For the top coat, they have a crush & run equivalent and 57s. Just not if there is the same amount of tire popping trash in there.
Seamed pretty "clean" I only got 1 yard (they where basically out) biggest chunks where 1"ish and lots of small sandy fines, didn't see any tire popping garbage or large sharp chunks but this is my first time using it so idk for more bulk amounts. Not sure of the size rating they had, but since it is more of a item 4 consistency I assume they try not to include a lot of metal junk becuase it is used for temp roads etc and is more of a top coat then a base layer

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Seamed pretty "clean" I only got 1 yard (they where basically out) biggest chunks where 1"ish and lots of small sandy fines, didn't see any tire popping garbage or large sharp chunks but this is my first time using it so idk for more bulk amounts. Not sure of the size rating they had, but since it is more of a item 4 consistency I assume they try not to include a lot of metal junk becuase it is used for temp roads etc and is more of a top coat then a base layer
Excellent to know. I will likely go to the plant I got the base concrete from and look at a shovel full to be sure. I would expect the junk to get screened out through the seive when they run it but ya never know. Considered reclaimed asphalt, but it won't match the driveway it connects to. Not that I care, but management seems to 😄

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
86FAC56F-7221-452B-ACBB-2B987EAA4103.jpeg

Best watering setup almost ever! Gotta run 12v up by the 3rd function quick connects to plug into. And make some type of hanger for the pump.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
View attachment 103841
Best watering setup almost ever! Gotta run 12v up by the 3rd function quick connects to plug into. And make some type of hanger for the pump.
How full will that orange monster handle it…and how high / level ground need to be to move it. I’ll be doing that sooner than later and I am very curious (I don’t have a level stretch between both my properties).

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Gave the hiller a test run. Tried different depth/speeds to see what works for me. I have a small rear tine tiller for doing in between the rows so I wanted 20-24" between the rows and that is roughly what I'm getting. Going to till it all under again tomorrow and change the disc angle and see how it affects the shape of the row.

20230530_194911.jpg

20230530_194605.jpg

20230530_194639.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Anyone notice a problem? 😩 This was my day today!

• Remove two 160lb wheel weights from the rear wheel of the M6060
  • Remove the wheel & tire that are filled with Rim Guard
  • Remove the center of the wheel
  • Flip the wheel around and install the center to the second widest setting (was second narrowest)
  • Reinstall the wheel
  • Reinstall the two wheel weights that were removed in the first step
  • Install a third wheel weight
  • Repeat the process on the other side
I just love spending a few hours doing something only to realize that I need to do it all again.

View attachment 103740
Tread on the back tires is pointing the wrong direction. Oops.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Gave the hiller a test run. Tried different depth/speeds to see what works for me. I have a small rear tine tiller for doing I'm between the rows so I wanted 20-24" between the rows and that is roughly what I'm getting. Going to till it all under again tomorrow and change the disc angle and see how it affects the shape of the row.

View attachment 103845
View attachment 103843
View attachment 103844
I don’t think I’d mess with success. Nice hills, plenty middle left for side dressing. I see you caught the two disks were pointing the wrong direction in the “pre-dirt” photo in the previous post. Well done. Gives that little satisfaction of beating the system and doing the job for pennies on the dollar it costs to buy similar equipment.

Reactions: 1 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Had to pull the little fishing boat out of the water. For some reason the darn thing keeps filling with water in the pontoons. Really irritating. View attachment 103816
Warn days (expanding the air inside the pontoons) and cool nights causing a vacuum in the pontoons which will suck water right in. Are the drain plugs below water level? Might try sealing them up with some RTV. Already know where you are and don’t figure there’s more than a couple degrees difference in our weather.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
How full will that orange monster handle it…and how high / level ground need to be to move it. I’ll be doing that sooner than later and I am very curious (I don’t have a level stretch between both my properties).
When I moved it up to the garden last year with the EA 84” box blade on, it felt sketch as hell filled to the second bar down, about 250 gallon, with the tiller on, I went half way from that bar to the top. You knew it was there, but low and slow got the job done. It will lift the spigot waist high easily.

Reactions: 3 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Gave the hiller a test run. Tried different depth/speeds to see what works for me. I have a small rear tine tiller for doing I'm between the rows so I wanted 20-24" between the rows and that is roughly what I'm getting. Going to till it all under again tomorrow and change the disc angle and see how it affects the shape of the row.

View attachment 103845
View attachment 103843
View attachment 103844
It looks like you are making progress. 👍 It took me some trial and error to come to the setting that gave me the height / width…I ended up needing to take a break and have some thinking juice to get it right😉. I recently added a second set of discs hoping to maintain the height of the hill but maybe make a little wider…TBD.

I did not get to play on the big girl today, but the aftermarket parts I ordered arrived…my little buddy is doing some QC / inspection to make sure they pass the smell test 😉 before putting into service.

I am hoping this will buy me enough width on the pins I do not have to remove the QH20 to attach the bedder (I sure as hell wish I got pats instead, but the PTO shafts on multiple implements are cut now).

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
When I moved it up to the garden last year with the EA 84” box blade on, it felt sketch as hell filled to the second bar down, about 250 gallon, with the tiller on, I went half way from that bar to the top. You knew it was there, but low and slow got the job done. It will lift the spigot waist high easily.
I have had similar experience…I think the MX is very front heavy, which for pulling is great…for lifting ballast is very important. BH92 makes it feel very planted, but using the brush cutter as ballast, a pallet of wood/block/brick/feed/etc still a little sketchy.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
I have had similar experience…I think the MX is very front heavy, which for pulling is great…for lifting ballast is very important. BH92 makes it feel very planted, but using the brush cutter as ballast, a pallet of wood/block/brick/feed/etc still a little sketchy.
Forgot the last part of your question. My driveway is up hill with a hump of asphalt at the top, bumping over that while turning is the worst part. Crossing the road onto the gravel drive isn’t bad, then headed up the lawn to garden isn’t flat by any means, sorta short rolling divots you bob in and out of. I haven’t had the tank on any little side hills.

Just use common sense and listen to your seat-o-pants meter. You’ll be fine.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Forgot the last part of your question. My driveway is up hill with a hump of asphalt at the top, bumping over that while turning is the worst part. Crossing the road onto the gravel drive isn’t bad, then headed up the lawn to garden isn’t flat by any means, sorta short rolling divots you bob in and out of. I haven’t had the tank on any little side hills.

My tiltometer is calibrated for 2 wheels (motorcycles)…everything else leans the wrong way 😉. And in the case of tractors, center pivot without suspension can make me deform the finally seat fairly easy. For me my general rule is if I need ballast beyond my filled tires and wheel weights, side hills are not my friend. (Generally that is at or around 1k).

Last edited:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
And don't transport a 2,000lb + rock down a fairly steep asphalt driveway in 2WD ... yikes!

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
And don't transport a 2,000lb + rock down a fairly steep asphalt driveway in 2WD ... yikes!
I got a funny story similar to that, involving this stupid tank. I had a spot laid out to catch rain water from the gutter. Had some pallets down in a raised bed under some stairs, maybe knee high or so. Due to trees, I had to back down a small hill, past the tank, line up, lift and drive out. Easy right… well I forgot to check the 4wd lever…and didn’t have anything on the back, so backwards I slid! Had some old snapper comet mowers a few feet away, they stopped the tractor just as I slammed the tank down to the ground. Happened in a split second.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users