What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Would you point to a how-to? I did not know this.
How to bleed the fuel system? There is a 3/4 inch diameter gray “disk” on the right side, it’s just below the top of removable gray side panel, about 2/3 of the way from the front of the engine on my L3830. Turn it to the left a turn or three to vent the fuel system. Crank until it sounds like it wants to start, then close the bleeder. I cover the bleeder with a rag incase fuel squirts out while cranking. I think I figured this out by looking at my operators manual. I suspect the location and appearance of the fuel system bleeder varies over the models.

Bleeding the hydraulic system is as I described above. The first time I had this trouble, I thought I’d broken something. I actually figured it out searching on the net and came across a decade old post on this forum or the other one like it where a person described how they resolved it. I’ve read on this site in the six months or so someone describing what to, similar to what I described.

Reactions: 1 user

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
How to bleed the fuel system? There is a 3/4 inch diameter gray “disk” on the right side, it’s just below the top of removable gray side panel, about 2/3 of the way from the front of the engine on my L3830. Turn it to the left a turn or three to vent the fuel system. Crank until it sounds like it wants to start, then close the bleeder. I cover the bleeder with a rag incase fuel squirts out while cranking. I think I figured this out by looking at my operators manual. I suspect the location and appearance of the fuel system bleeder varies over the models.

Bleeding the hydraulic system is as I described above. The first time I had this trouble, I thought I’d broken something. I actually figured it out searching on the net and came across a decade old post on this forum or the other one like it where a person described how they resolved it. I’ve read on this site in the six months or so someone describing what to, similar to what I described.
I meant the hydraulics. I didn't know if there was more to it if you rocked the pedal fore or aft.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I got a mow in up North on the MX…despite lack of rain past week or so I can’t believe how much the clover/rye has grown. Potatoes just barely showing first set of leaves. Heads in the wheat look good but not quite ready yet, and the garlic looks a little puny.

Potatos not really tall enough to run the bedder over then again. But I did pimp my bedder (finally). Hopefully the potatos will be tall enough next time I can try the second set of discs out…I suspect I will need to put them out and maybe down a little farther. 🥃

Attachments

Reactions: 3 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Mowed grass with the FDR2584 and then put the forks on. Need to move a few implements around.

20230527_160858.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
I meant the hydraulics. I didn't know if there was more to it if you rocked the pedal fore or aft.
I suppose you could. I’d already driven it a quarter mile back to the barn, mostly forward. I don’t think that would be all it’d take though. Or maybe an awful lot of it?

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
I got a mow in up North on the MX…despite lack of rain past week or so I can’t believe how much the clover/rye has grown. Potatoes just barely showing first set of leaves. Heads in the wheat look good but not quite ready yet, and the garlic looks a little puny.

Potatos not really tall enough to run the bedder over then again. But I did pimp my bedder (finally). Hopefully the potatos will be tall enough next time I can try the second set of discs out…I suspect I will need to put them out and maybe down a little farther. 🥃
We should start a garden bedder 101 thread. Took me forever to get a decent row laid out. Then I took the discs off and added my other sweeps and proceeded to make an absolute mess a few weeks later. I think I went to deep, and brought up a bunch of clumps.

Reactions: 2 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Went out and mowed. Only parts of it needed cut due to no rain. Although leave it to me to find the one wet spot, although 4-wheel drive got me out of it.

It was interesting, while I was mowing, nephews showed up and had a couple of fun toys.

5-27 mule.jpg

My nephew owns the MULE and it runs.

5-27 jeep.jpg

Their friend owns the jeep.

Of course I had to take a picture of my tractor, I didn't want it to feel left out.

Tractor 5-27.jpg

Reactions: 9 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
We should start a garden bedder 101 thread. Took me forever to get a decent row laid out. Then I took the discs off and added my other sweeps and proceeded to make an absolute mess a few weeks later. I think I went to deep, and brought up a bunch of clumps.
Good idea! I hope to have mine together by next weekend.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Went over to my friends farm to get another load of "free" firewood. I used the L3901DT to move the firewood to the stack. It takes about 4 bucket loads to unload the truck. Using the tractor makes it a lot easier being able to have the bucket right next to the bed just above the bed rail. At least it didn't heat me up as the last load. Been pretty nice around here for a change for this time of the year.

14_54_47.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
My rows have been fine, but I wanted to keep the height and make just a little wider. It took me some fiddling the first time to get everything where I wanted it. So far I’m very pleased with it and would buy it again.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Went out and mowed. Only parts of it needed cut due to no rain. Although leave it to me to find the one wet spot, although 4-wheel drive got me out of it.

It was interesting, while I was mowing, nephews showed up and had a couple of fun toys.

View attachment 103550

My nephew owns the MULE and it runs.

View attachment 103551

Their friend owns the jeep.

Of course I had to take a picture of my tractor, I didn't want it to feel left out.

View attachment 103552
That GL can sure looks nice and clean and dry. It’s not my machine or anything, but maybe take a look under it…from the pic it looks like you have some wiring/hose hanging down looking for something to snag in the woods.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I am currently running loaded tires, mid-mount mower deck, and the power bagger as ballast (~450-500 lbs) and 2" spacers on both sides - the tractor never felt overloaded or even remotely tippy. I only tried running 2wd on the third trip from the pile to the bed, and its one of the shallowest inclines I drove the whole time (FEL was near the ground when traveling as well) - it was simply like the tractor was on ice.. I really don't understand what happened, brake pedal all the way to the floor, zero response.. all other trips, before and after, it seemed 100% in control, even tried much steeper sections of the lawn, stuck like velcro.
I did it several times today, albeit only a couple feet. Silly me started digging before getting the rear ballast (box blade) on. I used a subsoiler to break up my dig site, and just got lazy about going for the BB because the quick hitch was sitting in the shed. My subsoiler isn’t QH compatible. Found a couple long forgotten stumps from trees I cut nearly 20 years ago (well rotted).
Photos of my day coming up.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
If my life depended on it, I could not find one rock like that on my nearly 12 acres.
Not even a golf ball size rock!
I'd kinda like to have a few rocks.
You need rock fertilizer to grow them that big.

• Haha

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
The missus has been bugging me about the shortage of parking. We have a very large and complex family, me being a good ol’ boy from Alabama and she being the best gal Australia had to offer. I have 3 kids and 7 grandkids, and 1 great granddaughter, she has 3 kids and 5 grandkids. So today started with unloading 21 railroad crossties. I used my “cheap” grapple to unload them from the trailer and stage them for the new parking project.
DEE08852-0B51-4395-B127-D453BD5B447C.jpeg
897E9663-ACE6-4797-9906-75D2B634AFD5.jpeg

Neither of us is a slouch, but sometimes I get the short end of the stick, and was put to work doing the overdig for the parking. started with this:
DB5CAF92-C159-4CFB-B31A-30A72AA0E29B.jpeg
I
Finished with this
DB908730-9C25-4901-804D-0C5D2CF95CB0.jpeg

Meanwhile, there was a 6” drop off the east side of the driveway from 20+ years of erosion, so I used some of the spoils from the dig to do this.
C04D82DE-0E90-48F0-9D02-FB2FF3734E0A.jpeg

as well as cover some dead spots in the lawn, and still have a little left for backfilling the RR ties.
103A249A-F64F-46B4-92F4-62EBF1FBD6D9.jpeg

Lotsa seat time today with the missus’ approval

Gonna pick up some perf pipe to put under #47 gravel as well as some quality landscaping cloth to keep the weeds at bay. Gonna cut the driveway (which sorely needs replacement) and put good drainage on the pit and then run it to the storm water ditch on that side of the property. Storm water and erosion control are this year’s outdoor summer projects.

Reactions: 10 users

Toyman

Equipment
B7100HST, 1630, 4' Tiller, 4' Rotary Mower; M4050 (SOLD) Woods Cadet 84
Apr 15, 2019
Pittsburgh
My time on the B7100 got cut short yesterday. A buddy and I were doing some maintenance and mowing at our hunting property. I had the B with my 4' brush hog and he had a tracked Bobcat with a 6' bucket and 6' (evil :))brush hog. I was cutting our existing roads/trails and he was opening and widening with brush hog and filling ruts etc with the bucket. After about 3 hours, i noticed I wasn't cutting properly and saw the brush hog was cocked to the left. The long shackle on the left side that attached the adjuster for the lift arm to the tractor was gone. Second time this has happened. Ordered new from Messicks ($60+ with shipping :() Looking for a less expensive solution for if it happens again in the future, but will be back up and running sometime this week.

Non-Kubota, but cultivator related, I found an old Dearborn 2 row cultivator on my farm a month or so ago. Finally pulled all the C-springs and cleaned the old grease (concrete?) out and repacked so I could adjust. Bought new (support) springs, there are 2 springs on each tine for all 10, since 6 have broke with use. I also bought 2 16" discs to install and use as a hiller for my pumpkin patch this year. Probably going to be a lot of trial an error, but looking forward to getting it in the ground.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
I see my K-connect showed up at the dealer.

20230528_091912.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Me and the big girl / pallet forks along with FIL cut up and palletized 3 racks of wood…2 moved up under the awning, and the other left to dry in the sun just out of the frame.

Just after I stopped for a beverage, I snapped the pic of Mr. Pileated when he came by for a visit and I managed an action shot with my phone.

Attachments

Reactions: 7 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Cleared some brush and dead wood. Had a little fire. No hot dogs or marshmallows to be found. I did have a Dingo dog as a helper, though.
What time will should we be there for s’mores? That’s an interesting use of the word ‘little’ 😂…but then again what is a little fire? standing within 3-4 feet without melting watch band? It’s all relative I guess….compared to the smoke coming across Lake Erie from CND lately, that was little compared to what’s burning North of the border. 🥃

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
That GL can sure looks nice and clean and dry. It’s not my machine or anything, but maybe take a look under it…from the pic it looks like you have some wiring/hose hanging down looking for something to snag in the woods.
Already fixed it. One of the hose clamps had come loose, pulled back into place, and added a couple of zip ties as extra insurance on it to prevent if from hanging down if it comes lose again.