What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I got a funny story similar to that, involving this stupid tank. I had a spot laid out to catch rain water from the gutter. Had some pallets down in a raised bed under some stairs, maybe knee high or so. Due to trees, I had to back down a small hill, past the tank, line up, lift and drive out. Easy right… well I forgot to check the 4wd lever…and didn’t have anything on the back, so backwards I slid! Had some old snapper comet mowers a few feet away, they stopped the tractor just as I slammed the tank down to the ground. Happened in a split second.
It's amazing how quickly these things happen. Before I headed down the driveway I'd thought about dropping the rock if anything went wrong, but in the moment as the tractor started to yaw and slide I had two thoughts in my head. Either jump off or hang on, so I did the latter and was able to get the tractor under control. It wasn't fun.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
It looks like you are making progress. 👍 It took me some trial and error to come to the setting that gave me the height / width…I ended up needing to take a break and have some thinking juice to get it right😉. I recently added a second set of discs hoping to maintain the height of the hill but maybe make a little wider…TBD.

I did not get to play on the big girl today, but the aftermarket parts I ordered arrived…my little buddy is doing some QC / inspection to make sure they pass the smell test 😉 before putting into service.

I am hoping this will buy me enough width on the pins I do not have to remove the QH20 to attach the bedder (I sure as hell wish I got pats instead, but the PTO shafts on multiple implements are cut now).
I originally thought that I would add another pair of hillers but this configuration seems like it's going to work well for my application. The soil was a bit clumpy so I think I'll leave everything set where it is and try it again tomorrow after i till.

hoot owl

Equipment
L2501 with loader and backhoe
Nov 13, 2022
I took a shower with my tractor today. I took a load of burnable items down to the next brush pile area and on the way down the hill I saw it was raining east of us about 10 miles away. The radar was showing things moving south/east so I didn't thing any thing of it. Guess what hit just after pushing the load in to the pile. DOWN POUR. It takes about 5 minuets in the truck and about 15 on the tractor to get to the house from this location. The only thing that was not soaked was my phone, the business' cards soaked up the water running off my belt and the outer side is water tight. 4 10ths of an inch in 20 minuets.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Today I adjusted the hand throttle on the B2601 so it would hold the rpm needed for the PTO speed. Recently it would drop off two or three hundred rpm and had to be held by hand to keep the PTO rpm. I read about this issue here and what to do about it and I watched a video that “This Cluttered Garage” put on you tube.

Of course I watched a couple other videos while I was there and saw one about adjusting the HST treadle to get just a slightly higher speed (maybe 1 mph in High range). I made that adjustment too.

Both adjustments were a success. DW saw me in the barn as she drove by and stopped to inquire what was wrong with the tractor. I told het I was making some adjustments. Got to tell her later they both worked.

The next adjustment may be to soften the treadle pedal return springs so it’s easier to push. My L takes half the effort to push and it is more precise at low treadle settings as a result.

Reactions: 1 users

Nicksacco

Equipment
Kubota L35 TLB
Sep 15, 2021
Bahama, NC
This is a shot of my tractor barn on left and shop on right.
I recently had a concrete floor installed in the barn and this pic shows the laying of conduit for power, etc.
My L35 is helping with this.

1685537913989.png

Reactions: 5 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
We've had a fair amount of rain over the past few weeks and the lower gravel driveway was in need of some work. With the wheels and weights all sorted, I decided around 8 o'clock last night to make a few passes up and down the driveway. This M6060 is such a beast that it'll pull the fully loaded EA land leveler up the hill without any trouble at all. The hydraulic top link is a must have for this sort of thing.

Here are some gratuitous tractor shots! :ROFLMAO:

driveway_1.jpg

driveway_2.jpg

driveway_4.jpg

driveway_3.jpg

And one "Big Sky Country" shot that I took yesterday afternoon on my way back from the post office. That's my place up on the hill to the right. It might give some idea as to how steep the driveways are.

big_sky_country.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Warn days (expanding the air inside the pontoons) and cool nights causing a vacuum in the pontoons which will suck water right in. Are the drain plugs below water level? Might try sealing them up with some RTV. Already know where you are and don’t figure there’s more than a couple degrees difference in our weather.
No they are above. If you look close in the photo you will see they are at the very top (see the water pouring out). I have done everything I can think of... sealed the rim of the boat (the black band going around the top/bottom half) with caulk.

Its very strange, or should I say irritating. We are talking about so much water I have to pick up the back of the boat with the tractor its so heavy.

Any other thoughts/ideas?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Dug 120' trench for a new electrical service with the U-27. It was a freebie for a friend and not real exciting....so no pics this time. Just good to be outside in an Orange machine anyway. ;)

Reactions: 3 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
No they are above. If you look close in the photo you will see they are at the very top (see the water pouring out). I have done everything I can think of... sealed the rim of the boat (the black band going around the top/bottom half) with caulk.

Its very strange, or should I say irritating. We are talking about so much water I have to pick up the back of the boat with the tractor its so heavy.

Any way to put some air in the pontoons and use soapy water to look for leaks? Any way to fill the pontoons with expanding foam?

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Any way to put some air in the pontoons and use soapy water to look for leaks? Any way to fill the pontoons with expanding foam?
Gonna second this. Doesn't take much pressure to make a bubble. It can't take on water if there isn't a hole below the waterline. Wouldn't take a large hole if it's below the water line for the same reasons I said above. Once the air in the pontoon cools off, it's gonna have a pretty strong vacuum until it pulls in enough water to balance vacuum. When you put it in the water, just let it sit still for a while as it's warming up. You'll see some bubbles. Just hoping it isn't some kind of modification to the boat that stuck a screw through the pontoons or something.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Had to remove a big 'nest' of hay bale netting that I didn't see in the grass along my road frontage.

RBnetting.jpg

I wish people would be more responsible about securing items on trailers and flatbed truck beds.

I regularly find buckets, fence wire, T-posts, hats, gloves, hand tools, hay string, you name it.

Normally I would have spotted this....but the grass was high and I was watching my mirror for traffic...since I was right up near the road. What a mess.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia

Edit- I see it's already been suggested. Doh!
You could soak the boat down with soapy water. Then pressurize the hull with an air compressor through the drain port. Probably take some engineering to adapt a fitting. Then look for the bubbles.

Last edited:

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901, 5' Bush Hog
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
Had to remove a big 'nest' of hay bale netting that I didn't see in the grass along my road frontage.

View attachment 103900

I wish people would be more responsible about securing items on trailers and flatbed truck beds.

I regularly find buckets, fence wire, T-posts, hats, gloves, hand tools, hay string, you name it.

Normally I would have spotted this....but the grass was high and I was watching my mirror for traffic...since I was right up near the road. What a mess.
I found this after mowing the ditches last year.
A+ Gallery_4.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
I found this after mowing the ditches last year.
View attachment 103919
I might have had a moment of dread if I found that mowing! Fortunately, all I find is empty beer cans and mini bottles of liquor. The beer cans are mostly empty, except the Bud Light ones. Now I find unopened ones 🤣
Thankfully I have never hit a "potty bottle". You know, the ones guys relieve themselves in and huck it out the window.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

trial and error

Equipment
B7100dt manual trans. homemade FEL, 4 way hydraulic dozer blade
Feb 16, 2023
NY
"except the Bud Light ones. Now I find unopened ones 🤣"

Well played

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Mowed grass two days earlier than planned because the weather dart thrower is predicting three days of heavy rain. As I was finishing I noticed some clumping out of the rear discharge so I'm going to clean the deck and change the blades this weekend.

Reactions: 3 users