What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Sounds a lot like my 12HP Gravely walk behind (500 lb.?) with 30" deck.
It has a 9 lb brush blade,...... this 82 year old does not use it anymore.
Wanted to sell it, but son said....please don't do it!
Gravely's are BEASTS!

I lived in Mobile when I was a kid, in a children's home, that took up most of the block it was on. Probably 3-4 acres. I can remember the folks that cut the grass there showing up with about 4 Gravely monsters, and all the kids being ushered inside lest one get hit by something coming out from under one of the mowers. I have no clue how big they were, but I know they were single spindle because I remember seeing the gear box on top of the blade housing. Only 1. That was in the 60's, meaning Gravely still being around must be because they make a fairly good product. They're pricey, though.

Reactions: 1 user

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Gravely's are BEASTS!

I lived in Mobile when I was a kid, in a children's home, that took up most of the block it was on. Probably 3-4 acres. I can remember the folks that cut the grass there showing up with about 4 Gravely monsters, and all the kids being ushered inside lest one get hit by something coming out from under one of the mowers. I have no clue how big they were, but I know they were single spindle because I remember seeing the gear box on top of the blade housing. Only 1. That was in the 60's, meaning Gravely still being around must be because they make a fairly good product. They're pricey, though.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Gravely's are BEASTS!

For many years Gravely made their own engines 6.7 and then 7.6
I have had both.
Gravely eventually went to Kohler engines, and I currently have one of those.
Gravely was bought out by MTD, and in my opinion, the product is nowhere near the same quality.
My 12HP Gravely "professional" would probably cost $10K if made to the same quality standards today.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Used the L3901DT to unload the firewood out of the truck. There was three bucket loads left.

I really don't like wood that heats me more than once, but the price was right. This load was payment for the grapple work I did a couple of weekends ago. Friend loaded the truck while I was grappling.

19_09_25.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

tek9tim

Equipment
B2601, BH70
Oct 16, 2022
Winthrop, WA
Finished roughing in a terrace behind the shop. Didn't need or necessarily want it to run straight across the hill. Just need a load or two of wall rock, some more refining, and it'll be done.

Been an adjustment coming from spending many many hours in excavators. Getting used to the BH70's direct valve controls and low hydraulic flow though.

20230521_100305.jpg

20230521_100723.jpg

Reactions: 12 users

cuboodle

Equipment
B2601
May 9, 2023
PA
New owner with first real task other than cutting the grass I spread 23 tons of 2b limestone took about an hour and a half

Attachments

Reactions: 12 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
New owner with first real task other than cutting the grass I spread 23 tons of 2b limestone took about an hour and a half
Sure does beat doing it by hand. Nice job.

Reactions: 2 users

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
I figured out a quick and easy way to carry my fat e bike with the l3301. My first summer with the new 30 acres, below my "old" 40 acres, all of it on a mountain side (12-14% grade) at over 5,000 ASL, I've found it too time consuming to walk back up to the shop when I'm working the tractor at the lower section, so the bike comes in handy, quicker and more fun than walking!
IMG_20230523_062756270.jpg

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
No photos because I was mad. Lol.
Trucker dumped 27 tons of #3 reag in my neighbors back entrance.....instead of mine! They are having a new outbuilding built so I had to move it pretty quickly. I love moving things twice!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Quick stump grinding job down the street from me this afternoon. Drove the tractor to the job.

Victims:

Cobb-2.JPG

Cobb-3.JPG

done:

Cobb-5.JPG

Cobb-4.JPG

Reactions: 9 users

ajschnitzelbank

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, BH92, Frost Bite grapple, Logosol M8 mill, Stihl MS661
Aug 24, 2021
Rensselaer County NY
No photos because I was mad. Lol.
Trucker dumped 27 tons of #3 reag in my neighbors back entrance.....instead of mine! They are having a new outbuilding built so I had to move it pretty quickly. I love moving things twice!
Did they refund your money?! My neighbor got two tandems of crusher run for free last year because they accidentally delivered to the wrong address. I was so jealous! And the neighbor who ordered it got his delivered too, after the mistake was discovered.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Did they refund your money?! My neighbor got two tandems of crusher run for free last year because they accidentally delivered to the wrong address. I was so jealous! And the neighbor who ordered it got his delivered too, after the mistake was discovered.
Ya know, I didn't even think to call and complain. Their back entrance and ours are are literally right next to each other. So I only had to move it 40 feet. I was more eager to get it out of their way than take a photo of the fuel cans with orange ribbon that they didn't see.
Good thought if it happens again!!

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
Yesterday switched my box blade to the LP 6' cutter on my open station L2501 and took a dirt bath! Here in Central Wisconsin things have been really dry for the last 2 to 3 weeks , and on top of my sandy soil things got real dusty, real fast trail cutting. :( . I really enjoy an open station , even in the winter months, but yesterday would have been a "cab day" .

I will be confining my trail and prairie planting cutting to the early morning hours with hopefully some dew to keep the dust down until we start getting some rain.

forky

Equipment
L2501 HST 4X4 8N
Feb 23, 2021
Wisconsin
I can relate to how dry things are around here too Ken. I tilled the gardens today and can't remember them ever being this bone dry. My tractor looks gray instead of orange after the couple hours of tilling. They need another pass with the depth set deeper. That will be another dust bath I'm thinkin. Need to get the plants in the ground soon. They have enjoyed their containers for the maximum time.

Reactions: 1 user

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I can relate to how dry things are around here too Ken. I tilled the gardens today and can't remember them ever being this bone dry. My tractor looks gray instead of orange after the couple hours of tilling. They need another pass with the depth set deeper. That will be another dust bath I'm thinkin. Need to get the plants in the ground soon. They have enjoyed their containers for the maximum time.
We’ve got the opposite problem down here in Alabama. Yesterday and today were the first two days it HASN’T rained in at least a month. But today, yep, dusty again on my lovely clay (and rock) soil in some places, water still standing in others.
Was gonna help out a neighbor with a palleted delivery, but the shipment showed up on a little 6 wheeler with a tommy lift and the nice driver put the package in his garage for him. I got up this morning and swapped the grapple for the bucket and clamp-on forks for almost no reason. BUT, since I always help him when he needs it, I get a free smoked Boston butt for memorial day weekend. Pretty good swap if ya ask me. It’s good to have good neighbors.

After that, I dropped the tow bar on the QH, hooked up the little trailer and brought some old PT lumber up to the shop to start my soil screen project. Got the A-frames built. Just winging it, but will post photos when I geterdun.

Also in the planning stages to create 3 angled parking spaces next to the driveway, which is wy I’m building a screen. I’m not real thrilled about the possibilities of what I may find when I start moving dirt out there. We pick up at least a pound of broken glass every time it rains. For the past 20 years. I’m reasonably sure my yard was the city dump before the county landfill opened. Property is like a box of chocolates, ya never know whatcha gonna get.

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
My buddy stopped by with his dump trailer and I loaded last year's leaf piles and stump grindings from recent tree removal - filled the 14' trailer with 2+' sides entirely.

Then I had 28 tons of sand+compost delivered and I swapped the BH77 for the box blade and spread/leveled all the ruts from the 22 stumps that were ground.

Got done in about 6 hours with all of it and my backhoe cart and box blade cart saved me a ton of time swapping back and forth. I went back outside and played with the BH77 digging around a cedar stump that was buried under the pile of leaves - starting to get the hang of it.

This whole area used to be wooded with small cedars, oaks, black cherry, and buckthorn. I only have oaks and a few larger cedars remaining. The sprinkler company I use is going to add a zone here and I'll be putting seed down next weekend.

PXL_20230526_194228768.jpg

PXL_20230526_194249042.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Today I mowed grass for a half day. Got the lower part of the place spiffed up alright. Used both the B and the L down there.

Then I put my last 4 gallons of diesel in the L so I could brush hog the upper, sloped portion of the place. Well I was all but finished, having spent about 2 hours, and had the nose up hill and starved the engine for fuel. It probably had 2 gallons in it. It read a quarter tank with the nose up hill, probably 25 degrees or so. So I set the brake nice and hard, cut the front wheels to the side (knowing there would be consequences), and lowered the brush hog and hoped it wouldn’t roll backward through the wire fence a few feet behind it. Ran to town, got more diesel, put 5 gallons in, cracked the fuel bleeder open, cranked until it wanted to start, shut off the bleeder and started it up. It ran rough for about 30 seconds, wouldn’t rev up, until it did after a bit. Then down to the barn with lousy power steering to jack up the front end to bleed the hydraulics by cranking the front tires to one side and then the other a dozen times. Wasted a good hour and a half or so. I’d of rather been eating dinner but I ran out of daylight as it was.

Both Kubotas are in the barn and were blown off with the Dewalt leaf blower first.

I knew better, (did this once before a while back) which is why I fueled it before going to cut the slopes. I should have did it first and not burned two hours of fuel doing some of the shallow slopes.

So if someone does this silly thing, it isn’t hard to resolve, but you do need to know how to bleed the fuel system and the hydraulic system (if you push the hydrostatic pedal or turn the steering wheel while the engine is off).

Reactions: 1 users

BonnySlope

Equipment
BX2380 FEL Add-A-Grapple, Titan 48" Box scraper, 60" Rake, 72" Rear Blade, Flail
Apr 11, 2021
NW Oregon
Finally got around to mounting toolbox to ROPE. Used 5/16th Insert=a-threads in existing holes. Won't open pass 90 if displaying caution triangle. Almost got close to Kubota gray... close enough.
Red balls are for Jeep when pulling into shop. Bolt on Toolbox (1).jpg Bolt on Toolbox (2).jpg

Reactions: 3 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
So if someone does this silly thing, it isn’t hard to resolve, but you do need to know how to bleed the fuel system and the hydraulic system (if you push the hydrostatic pedal or turn the steering wheel while the engine is off).
Would you point to a how-to? I did not know this.