What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
I assume you are referring only to the units built /intended for cold water.

Correct. As you know they use the cold water to cool the pump which if overheated will ruin the seals.

Pumps run the gamut from cold water only, either/or (mid-temps) and dedicated hot water (very HOT temps).

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
water service from h*ll today. The bank was so steep there was now way i could climb it with runner tracks on wet grass...dug from both ends and finished in the middle in a very strange position as the trench started to collapse when I jumped it.

also, when the tech cut the old galvanized water service, the homeowners/ power went out...WTF? Power was overhead so what just happened. Then it dawned on me that we basically cut the house ground and he must have an open neutral somewhere. His power was "restored" when we bonded the ground to the new copper water service line...yikes man.

anyway, just a few pics. Note, the pics of the bank don't look nearly as steep as it was. Trust me, it was my a$$ in the seat.

diggy:

View attachment 101215

View attachment 101216
View attachment 101219 View attachment 101220
View attachment 101222

connected, "cleaned up" a bit. Got out of there.

oh, here is a fun one:

View attachment 101224
The homeowner needs to have an electrician check his electrical service because the lights shouldn't go out when you broke the ground. There should be 2 hot and a neutral from the utility pole, and the water line should be his ground. The utility runs the two hots to the meter socket, and there is a third wire that the utility supplies to a ground rod at the side of the pole that is independent of the water line. In a lot of jurisdictions, the neutrals and grounds have to be separated in the electrical panel today for new homes. That is how it is done where I live.

Reactions: 1 users

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
Nice.

Here it's cheaper to get the belly dump ~22 to 23T each load, $400 to $500 dependant on dsl costs, just got to inform driver to set locks at the lowest setting, and drive faster.

Most drivers I know you don't want to tell them how to do it. Just tell them how heavy you want it spread. Just sayin.......

gg

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Most drivers I know you don't want to tell them how to do it. Just tell them how heavy you want it spread. Just sayin.......

gg
Most drivers want to drop the load quickly as they can so they head back to get another load before their buddy picks it up. Am I wrong??

With respect, every job and road is different, there is nothing wrong telling the driver how I want/how the material dropped. I have worked over 30 truck loads of material. Guess who helps the drivers pin/un-pin the doors? Me or ranch hand.

GG you don't know my personality or friendliness inperson, and maybe I'm not as irrorgant as you think. This is not New England territory. I'm a Texan with true hospitality. All the drivers I have dealt with have been awesome.

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
Most drivers want to drop the load quickly as they can so they head back to get another load before their buddy picks it up. Am I wrong??

With respect, every job and road is different, there is nothing wrong telling the driver how I want/how the material dropped. I have worked over 30 truck loads of material. Guess who helps the drivers pin/un-pin the doors? Me or ranch hand.

GG you don't know my personality or friendliness inperson, and maybe I'm not as irrorgant as you think. This is not New England territory. I'm a Texan with true hospitality. All the drivers I have dealt with have been awesome.

Ouch - I thought I was being funny. Didn't mean to insult you at all.

gg

Last edited:
  • Haha

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT

In New England, we give free one-way tickets to the oppressed and ignorant people to go to Texas for training on how to be polite. Please be on the lookout for one more coming your way. Possibly you can drill some holes manners into g_man?

• Haha

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
In New England, we give free one-way tickets to the oppressed and ignorant people to go to Texas for training on how to be polite. Please be on the lookout for one more coming your way. Possibly you can drill some holes manners into g_man?
lol, I'll be up in NE area(from Boston to Bangor) soon. I do not like most folks from the inner cities of mASSachusetts to be honest. lol I'm not sure if they drink Michigans polluted water or what.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

I hear the "most drivers thing", but that is not the way it works for me.
I would ASK the driver to do it the way I want, and have never met a driver who would not.
I AM a New Englander, and if a driver refused, I would send him home..... with his load intact!
I just don't see such a scenario occurring.
There are always other places to order stone though.

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
I hear the "most drivers thing", but that is not the way it works for me.
I would ASK the driver to do it the way I want, and have never met a driver who would not.
I AM a New Englander, and if a driver refused, I would send him home..... with his load intact!
I just don't see such a scenario occurring.
There are always other places to order stone though.
Right on!

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Forgot to take before pics.

There is a negative slope towards house and new concrete patio. I graded it about 1in below the concrete and left the side near the concrete with a slight bump of about 1in. to help the runoff flow in the direction that I heading in the MX.

IMG_3391.jpg

IMG_3390.jpg

IMG_3393.jpg

As I grade, the ranch hand pulls excess material out so that the ground remains level during each pass with box blade. Also the L25 is used to pull excess material away from the slab by back dragging the bucket.
20230428_104305.jpg

Its difficult to see elavation changes within pictures.

At the corner of the patio, the water either flows towards the pasture or flows down the driveway.

Just needs some sod/seed now.
20230428_113341.jpg

This picture helps shows the grade/slope that I'm working on.
Est. 7% to 8%.
20230428_113354.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Forgot to take before pics.

There is a negative slope towards house and new concrete patio. I graded it about 1in below the concrete and left the side near the concrete with a slight bump of about 1in. to help the runoff flow in the direction that I heading in the MX.

View attachment 101256
View attachment 101257

View attachment 101258

As I grade, the ranch hand pulls excess material out so that the ground remains level during each pass with box blade. Also the L25 is used to pull excess material away from the slab by back dragging the bucket.
View attachment 101259

Its difficult to see elavation changes within pictures.

At the corner of the patio, the water either flows towards the pasture or flows down the driveway.

Just needs some sod/seed now.
View attachment 101261

This picture helps shows the grade/slope that I'm working on.
Est. 7% to 8%.
View attachment 101262
Not to worry......
Texas is dry....right??

• Haha

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Not to worry......
Texas is dry....right??
Well not exactly. West TX can receive 6in and East Texas can be over 4ft. of rain a year. Tropical weather can drop 4ft in a few days near the coast to about 90miles inland.

Last couple years the avg. in our area has been slightly above 23in, supposed to closer to 29.5in, been under because of droughts.

RMS

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, RCR1260, PFL1242, LX2963, RB1684, WC-68 Chipper,Flail Mower
Sep 26, 2021
Buckfield Maine
After doing the 1st lawn cut of year I put the chipper on and started to work on the pile of limbs from the winter storms. Still more to haul to the pole when the fields dry out.

Attachments

Reactions: 3 users

GreX

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 8, 2023
Maine
I mowed for the first time today with the BX2380 - I'm not sure it was any faster, nor did it seem to do a better job than my Ryobi riding mower (https://www.ryobitools.com/products/details/46396017758). It was also a lot more prep, remove the FEL, put the ROPS up, change from 2 to 4 wheel drive, etc... am I doing it wrong?

I feel the advantage of the larger machine will show itself when the grass is very long or very wet since I have a PTO driven grass catcher, versus a blade fed one on the little Ryobi, but I feel there must be an advantage in using a 60" mower on an acre, but as of now, I don't see it.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I mowed for the first time today with the BX2380 - I'm not sure it was any faster, nor did it seem to do a better job than my Ryobi riding mower (https://www.ryobitools.com/products/details/46396017758). It was also a lot more prep, remove the FEL, put the ROPS up, change from 2 to 4 wheel drive, etc... am I doing it wrong?

I feel the advantage of the larger machine will show itself when the grass is very long or very wet since I have a PTO driven grass catcher, versus a blade fed one on the little Ryobi, but I feel there must be an advantage in using a 60" mower on an acre, but as of now, I don't see it.
If a 60" mower will not mow the same grass a 38" mower is mowing at a faster rate you need to get it out of idle. ;)

hoot owl

Equipment
L2501 with loader and backhoe
Nov 13, 2022
also, when the tech cut the old galvanized water service, the homeowners/ power went out...WTF? Power was overhead so what just happened. Then it dawned on me that we basically cut the house ground and he must have an open neutral somewhere. His power was "restored" when we bonded the ground to the new copper water service line...yikes man.

Aren't you required to report that to the power Co.?

I became the neutral once when replacing a water meter in a basement. It knocked me out a blew me across the basement. My helper thought I was dead. He did not come back to work the next day. My hands were numb for several days after that.

• Wow

hoot owl

Equipment
L2501 with loader and backhoe
Nov 13, 2022
I got some seat time today after 2+ weeks. I split an old ash tree and used the bucket to carry it to the wood shed. 4 trips. After that I put the new to me rock rake on and proceeded to rake the yard of tree limbs and leaves. Saved me days worth of work in less than an hour. Then I went down to the food plot I have been clearing and used the rake to clean up limbs and knock off a few high to low spots from digging stumps with the BH77. Then I started pushing some dirt for the small pond I will be making. I will switch to the BH tomorrow so I can dig a few more stumps next week. I learned the rake is not a very good counter weight for a full bucket in the loader.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
My part of New England would love to send all of the Southern New Englanders somewhere else as they are the most rude and awful drivers in New England.