What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Is that a snow pusher up front? Are you blowing snow out back? I'd love to have some snow like that rather than the 1/2" to 1" that we've been getting for the last few weeks. I really enjoy moving snow and it's been a few years since we've had a significant amount fall in a day here in the valley.
It's a pusher. HLA SP1500 60" this is my third winter with it. I have 64" Kubota blower for the three point.

20221126_134017.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
The only snow blowers I've ever seen with rubber edged impellers have been single stage ones. The 'big boys' - double stage - use a second impeller to throw the snow.
If you google “snow blower impeller mod” a ton of hits will come back. It basically tightens up the space between the impeller and housing to throw the slush out instead of slowly letting it trickle out after building up in the drum. Here’s one of a wide selection of videos on it:

Lakeguy

Equipment
LX2610
Jan 24, 2023
Manitoba
I just ran a 12 gauge primary wire with an in-line fuse (in loom) from the battery to the back rops on my LX. Wire tied it front to back along factory wire harness. At the back I'll have a abs project box to hold 2 switches and a small fuse box with 2- 5 amp fuses for my front and rear lights. Sure am glad my garage is heated. dropped down to -20. :LOL::LOL:

Reactions: 1 user

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Went out and pushed slush from in front of the garage and barn. Darn blade keeps popping off the Pat’s quick hitch. Now that I have my implements on concrete and dollies, I’m gonna remove the Pats and go back to the standard 3pt. They work well in even ground but if you get that 3pt implement bouncing or flexing, it comes right out.
Something may not be set / adjusted correctly. It should have a bracket that slides over and sets in place for the link arms (sort of locks the vertical) and for the side to side there should have been some washers / keepers to prevent the pins in the implement from sliding out sideways. I don’t think it should bounce off.

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
No pix, but snowblowed for 1.25hrs @ 5am just to be able to get out onto a road that was not plowed !

The BX is earnin' its keep.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Something may not be set / adjusted correctly. It should have a bracket that slides over and sets in place for the link arms (sort of locks the vertical) and for the side to side there should have been some washers / keepers to prevent the pins in the implement from sliding out sideways. I don’t think it should bounce off.
I have the lower arms quite snug. Only turnbuckles with my B3200. I do have the washers on the ends of the implement pins to keep them from sliding off. I may need to borrow my sons GoPro and see if I can’t capture some video of it popping out.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
The good part about being married to an Aussie is the quick entry without having to go through immigration. She has dual citizenship, so leaves on her American passport, enters Oz on her Aussie passport, and reverses the process coming back home.
I have dual citizenship too, and going in on one passport and back on another isn't a problem, until it's a problem. ;) My brother lives in Mosman which is a suburb of Sydney. He's a professor at the University of Sydney.

Trustable

Equipment
l2501HST
Jul 5, 2022
Michigan
I have the lower arms quite snug. Only turnbuckles with my B3200. I do have the washers on the ends of the implement pins to keep them from sliding off. I may need to borrow my sons GoPro and see if I can’t capture some video of it popping out.
I have the same system on my l2501, and operate mainly in the woods with lots of dips, divots, mud, etc... and have not had this happen with a back blade and box blade. The first time I used the system I actually had my ballast (about 750lb concrete barrel) pop off and slide out on my driveway. I figured out I was putting the washers on incorrectly and that it why. It sounds like your issue is different though, their customer service is pretty good, they were really helpful when I had a question about the install. They seem to be a company who stands behind their product so hopefully they can get it fixed for ya.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I just ran a 12 gauge primary wire with an in-line fuse (in loom) from the battery to the back rops on my LX. Wire tied it front to back along factory wire harness. At the back I'll have a abs project box to hold 2 switches and a small fuse box with 2- 5 amp fuses for my front and rear lights. Sure am glad my garage is heated. dropped down to -20. :LOL::LOL:
The only thing I would suggest is a bigger fuse block :) There is always a good reason to have a 12 volt circuit available back there.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Another round of rain here yesterday. I was hoping to get to the grapple in the back yard but really need a few days of no rain :(

This is the project I need the grapple for - and maybe a bigger chainsaw. It may be a 'baby' saw but this battery powered Dewalt is doing fine. That is until I get into the thicker parts of the trunk :(

The base of both the big oaks is over 36" diameter

1 small.jpg

2 s.jpg

3 s.jpg

Trustable

Equipment
l2501HST
Jul 5, 2022
Michigan
Another round of rain here yesterday. I was hoping to get to the grapple in the back yard but really need a few days of no rain :(

This is the project I need the grapple for - and maybe a bigger chainsaw. It may be a 'baby' saw but this battery powered Dewalt is doing fine. That is until I get into the thicker parts of the trunk :(

View attachment 94633

View attachment 94634

View attachment 94635
Any saw is better than an axe!

Reactions: 2 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
So, I thought today would be a half day for a waste line repair...Look what I found!

Now it will be a second day for sure. One-call didn't do their job. Who puts a water line directly on top of the sewer main? And then, have two (orange paper, like tar paper pipe) waste lines coming into the main. Y

Kubota 1.JPG

Kubota 2.JPG

You can see where one them actually drops the "plunkies" right into the top of the 8" terra cotta main. WTF????

Kubota 3JPG.JPG

H4-SUA231 pic2.JPG

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 3 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC

View attachment 94633

View attachment 94634

View attachment 94635
Impressed your electric saw can do anything useful with the main trunk on that. I got my wife (at her request) a small electric chainsaw a couple years ago and was surprised at how good of a limbing saw it is. In something the size of what you’re dealing with, it’s no competition for the Husqvarna 455.

Reactions: 1 users

Gary Olson

Equipment
L2501 w/FEL and grapple, 3pt auger
Mar 10, 2022
Mark Twain Forest
It's been a week of fun. Sunday-Monday clearing out the massive thorn bushes and old dead trees around the black walnut trees and wild gooseberries. Grease the FEL on Tuesday. Wednesday scooping 8"x100yds of snow from the driveway. I left only a tiny little scrape in the highway...

Vlach7

Equipment
L47 305DT JD500C
Dec 16, 2021
Frazier Park Ca
Guys working on cell tower could not get the 100' Boom lift up to the hill to work on the cell tower, had to pull them up with my L47.
IMG_4975.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

Vlach7

Equipment
L47 305DT JD500C
Dec 16, 2021
Frazier Park Ca
Impressed your electric saw can do anything useful with the main trunk on that. I got my wife (at her request) a small electric chainsaw a couple years ago and was surprised at how good of a limbing saw it is. In something the size of what you’re dealing with, it’s no competition for the Husqvarna 455.
I have 2 - 455s, good saws.