What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Tried to take the tractor into the backyard to swap the bucket for the grapple. The weather here has been so wet n mild the yard is too soft to go there. :(
We had 4 trees taken down at the edge of the woods yesterday. The deal with the tree guy was he just had to drop them, I would do the cleanup (where is my chipper now? Oh yeah in MA).
Two of them were massive oaks - 3' diameter. I need the grapple to move a lot of small stuff into the woods. Started cutting branches larger than 3" into 30" lengths. I'll bring that up to the top of the driveway for peeps to pickup for firewood.

Reactions: 2 users

Outnumbered

Equipment
Kubota L3901, FEL, BB1260, RCF2060, FDR2572, Titan Forks, Caryall, 5' Tiller
Oct 26, 2019
Moseley, VA
I have been taking advantage of the cold wet weather by pulling out old fence lines across the ole farm place. The last of the cattle went out in December. So 70 plus years of fence posts, gates and old barbed wire to the scrapyard. I took over 1500# last week. Have about 12-15 hundred more to go. Glad my tetanus shot is up to date ;)

Reactions: 3 users

BadAndy

Equipment
BX23s TLB-BX2822A Snow blower-LP BB-HLA Forks-Craftsman YT4000 Lawn Tractor
Mar 30, 2021
Canada
Did some snow removal :)
IMG_2636.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Getting low on firewood so used the tank to pull the smaller PJ dump trailer up into the woods to get some downed trees. It was a beautiful day Saturday but I ran out of daylight so left the trailer in the trees and finished up yesterday afternoon.

The M6060 and PJ dump trailer are a game changing combination for me. I can leave the MX set up for snow removal and use the M to handle other tasks. Other than the LMTV which is huge, I don't have another vehicle capable of pulling a trailer through 2ft of snow up into the woods.

m6060_pj_1.jpg

m6060_pj_2.jpg

m6060_pj_3.jpg

Reactions: 11 users

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
Groundhog Day.

While this looks like my post from the other day, I swear it was this morning part way through this latest storm....... 8" of heavy wet crap and we got 90mins of light rain while I was out before swapping back to snow for the rest of the day.

This was my initial cut, always the slowest and toughest with a full blower width......4WD Low with Turfs, no chains, while pulling my rear blade down in an aggressive position for a relatively clean sweep behind me (gravel is semi-frozen).......no slipping......no struggle even with my elevation change. Love this setup.

I "get to" go back out at the end of the day for whatever additional (probably 4-6") of additional heavy crap comes. I will get the carry all with the sand/salt on it out before calling it a night later......

New Englanding.........

IMG_4213.jpeg

Reactions: 7 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
All we got was rain in Northeast CT, and since I am laid up, I like it that way. My wife backed out of the garage and went to work, and now the home is as quiet as if no one lives here.

Reactions: 2 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Getting low on firewood so used the tank to pull the smaller PJ dump trailer up into the woods to get some downed trees. It was a beautiful day Saturday but I ran out of daylight so left the trailer in the trees and finished up yesterday afternoon.

The M6060 and PJ dump trailer are a game changing combination for me. I can leave the MX set up for snow removal and use the M to handle other tasks. Other than the LMTV which is huge, I don't have another vehicle capable of pulling a trailer through 2ft of snow up into the woods.

View attachment 94424

View attachment 94425

View attachment 94426
Almost could mistake that first photo for a sandy beach.

Reactions: 1 user

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Yesterday afternoon's last load to skid to the bucking pile. The tamarack forest floor is very rough and gets swampy fast in the spring, and the trail gets narrow, so leave the trailer a hundred yards back up where the trail solidifies and widens so I can pile, cut to length, and load the trailer.

IMG_20230122_162716458_HDR.jpg

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Almost could mistake that first photo for a sandy beach.
I see what you mean. Sandy beaches always make me think of one of the four Rottweilers I had in Hawaii. She loved hiking and off-roading on the trails in the mountains above this beach. Some might recognize it.

lucy4.jpg

• Love

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
All we got was rain in Northeast CT, and since I am laid up, I like it that way. My wife backed out of the garage and went to work, and now the home is as quiet as if no one lives here.
Just north and west of CT. Mix of ice/snow that turned to slush and then 5-6 inches of heavy snow on top. Lawn and driveway soft and muddy from the recent thaw. Even with the shoes on it was a constant adjusting of the plow to keep the brown stuff from churning up.
I will be blowing gravel for a couple days come spring.
Will be getting a couple hundred pounds of drainage rock from the box store to cover the muddy tips.

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Groundhog Day.

While this looks like my post from the other day, I swear it was this morning part way through this latest storm....... 8" of heavy wet crap and we got 90mins of light rain while I was out before swapping back to snow for the rest of the day.

This was my initial cut, always the slowest and toughest with a full blower width......4WD Low with Turfs, no chains, while pulling my rear blade down in an aggressive position for a relatively clean sweep behind me (gravel is semi-frozen).......no slipping......no struggle even with my elevation change. Love this setup.

I "get to" go back out at the end of the day for whatever additional (probably 4-6") of additional heavy crap comes. I will get the carry all with the sand/salt on it out before calling it a night later......

New Englanding.........

View attachment 94429
this is me in 5-6hrs....and then in ~24 hrs after that ;-)

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA

View attachment 94424

View attachment 94425

View attachment 94426
I used to go through about 8 cords a year when I was burning wood I switched to Woodbricks several years before I retired just to make life easier. It looks like you go through a lot of firewood too.

Sparky Prep

Dec 24, 2022
South Florida
So many people on here have to deal with so much snow! Much respect to you guys. Never had a single flake of snow on my Florida property. Only light sprinkles on my TN property.

• Haha

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I used to go through about 8 cords a year when I was burning wood I switched to Woodbricks several years before I retired just to make life easier. It looks like you go through a lot of firewood too.
I would guess that maybe 6 cords would do it for the winter, maybe a little more. Unfortunately I don't have much wood on my property. I have a few hundred trees but not enough to sustain firewood each winter. I had some trees blow over last year and the year before and that's what I cut up late last year. My neighbor has 160 acres with a fair amount of downed and dead standing wood so I'm able to get some wood off his property.

I border 1,200 acres of private forestry land that I'm not permitted to get wood from but can camp, hunt and hike on it. I could sneak up there and cut up thousands of cords of downed stuff but it would be awkward if I were caught doing that. The logging company makes massive slash piles with wood that I'd love to have for the winter, but they light them up in the winter and they burn for weeks and sometimes months.

It costs $10 for a permit from the county that allows residents to retrieve dead standing or downed trees from state and county property and that's something I might do next year. A couple or maybe three 16 ft dump trailer loads would probably get me through the winter.

At some point it'll get old cutting and splitting firewood, but for now I enjoy it. No doubt those bricks will become very appealing in a few years. :giggle:

Reactions: 1 users

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
After I shovel out my BX with 14” of snow and counting (storm still has a few hours left) I will be braving the elements while blowing snow for a couple hours. Forecast is for heavy winds too! Be nice to have a heated cab but sitting on my BX and using the BX5455 HD is far better than anything I used before!

Attachments

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I see what you mean. Sandy beaches always make me think of one of the four Rottweilers I had in Hawaii. She loved hiking and off-roading on the trails in the mountains above this beach. Some might recognize it.

View attachment 94434
Looks like a state beach my wife & I were at several years ago in Kauai?
I had rented a jeep and drove it on the beach. Even though it was flat, when we tried to leave we were stuck. Sand was like powder :)

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Yeah, the local dealer has one of those sitting in their showroom. Looks like something to drive to church rather than somewhere to get it dirty. It is a good-lookin tractor, but yeah, I'd be completely paranoid about scratching that paint.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL

View attachment 94424

View attachment 94425

View attachment 94426
I do like that dump trailer. I wanna get one, but can't really justify the expense versus more important needs/wants. Me and the Missus could go to Australia for a month for what one of those buggers costs. I'll give ya three guesses which she'd rather have, and the first two don't count.

PortTackFarm

Equipment
L3560 LE (ROP's) w/ LA805 FEL, LP RCF 2072, BB2572 and WoodMaxx WM-8H
Jul 2, 2021
The Ville and The Farm (KY)
Used the FEL bucket with bolt-on chain hooks to lift the crate with the new cast iron clawfoot bathtub for our barndominium out of the trailer and onto a dolly so we could get it inside. 350 lbs is a lot for two or three guys to lift and move around, but the tractor picks it up and sets it down with ease. Just wrapped the chain around the hooks and through the strapping on the crate and there you go, off the trailer on the dolly. Sorry no pics.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
With the help of the B, able to do some clean up and set the coup next to the greenhouse. I could not have done that by myself without the machine. (The dogs were less than helpful in tight quarters and hillside while trying to maneuver)

(As a side note on the greenhouse the B helped install this past spring, the greens have done better than expected through the winter)

Attachments

Reactions: 7 users