What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
I'll spare you yet another pic of me blowing snow with the B2601.......but spent another hour late yesterday clearing another 10-12". Need to go back out this morning and finish it up and sand some areas as well as fire up the Honda HSS to clear the walkway and some paths for the dogs out back........

Another 4-6" coming tomorrow, the snow is now even with both of our decks.......so I need to blow that crap out of the way to make room for more.

Been on Generator power since 2:30pm yesterday after a 7 hr stretch the previous night. Reminds me I should setup a propane delivery.......still have a few days left of propane however. Gotta love the full hours Kohler setup......cost a fortune but days like this make it worth it. Power companies are scrambling here in NH as trees are down all over the place and more heavy stuff coming in 36hrs.....

Yay winter......

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Looks like a state beach my wife & I were at several years ago in Kauai?
I had rented a jeep and drove it on the beach. Even though it was flat, when we tried to leave we were stuck. Sand was like powder :)
The photo above was taken at Keawaula Beach on the Leeward side of Oahu. :)

Was that Barking Sands beach that you were stuck at? I spent a fair amount of time on Kauai when I lived in Hawaii, both for work and for pleasure. It's an amazing thing when you can wake up to a hard frost up at Koke'e, go surfing all day in 85F weather, and then need a warm fire for the evening when you're back home.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I do like that dump trailer. I wanna get one, but can't really justify the expense versus more important needs/wants. Me and the Missus could go to Australia for a month for what one of those buggers costs. I'll give ya three guesses which she'd rather have, and the first two don't count.
I bought the single axle dump trailer mostly because the local landfill allows three single axle loads per year at no charge. I've had an aluminum 10'x5' trailer for years, but unloading it by hand at the landfill in the summer months in particular isn't much fun. Dust, wasps, stench, big machinery close by, noise etc., ... all bad. A remote control in the cab to raise the trailer for a quick exit ... all good. (y)

It does work really well behind both tractors though and I like putting equipment to use so the more uses I can find for it the better. It wasn't crazy expensive. Around $7k I think. I'm not sure what kind of trip you have in mind, but it would be easy to blow through $7k on a trip to Australia in a week, what with flights, car rental, hotels, meals etc. I lived in Sydney for a year but that was back in the mid 80's and I'm sure it's a lot more expensive now.

Reactions: 1 user

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
The photo above was taken at Keawaula Beach on the Leeward side of Oahu. :)

Was that Barking Sands beach that you were stuck at? I spent a fair amount of time on Kauai when I lived in Hawaii, both for work and for pleasure. It's an amazing thing when you can wake up to a hard frost up at Koke'e, go surfing all day in 85F weather, and then need a warm fire for the evening when you're back home.
Not sure - I remember we drove through a burned cane field and were off the official 'road' to get there - in violation of our rental agreement :(

It was a beautiful beach - very long and empty. I'd guess the closest people were at least 1/4m away.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Not sure - I remember we drove through a burned cane field and were off the official 'road' to get there - in violation of our rental agreement :(

It was a beautiful beach - very long and empty. I'd guess the closest people were at least 1/4m away.
Sure sounds like Barking Sands Beach on the West side of Kauai with the drive down a dirt road through cane fields, ending in a long and deserted beach. It's a lovely spot and worth the effort.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Finally had a worthy storm. The R14's amd 3310 worked well in wet, heavy packed snow.
20230124_181744.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

Sparky Prep

Dec 24, 2022
South Florida
With the help of the B, able to do some clean up and set the coup next to the greenhouse. I could not have done that by myself without the machine. (The dogs were less than helpful in tight quarters and hillside while trying to maneuver)

(As a side note on the greenhouse the B helped install this past spring, the greens have done better than expected through the winter)
Nice looking coop!

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
This might be a bit silly but at least it’s different.

Been cleaning, clearing out, and renovating my father’s house for a few months getting it ready to rent to my son following my father’s passing. This contractor saw was THE last thing to be cleaned. Really hadn’t planned to clean it because I’m leaving it for my son, and after all it’s a table saw and it isn’t rusty or otherwise functionally impaired so why clean it? (First pic is after cleaning.) View attachment 94376
This is why clean it. It was a spidery mess underneath. No shade to my father. No telling when he last used it and I’m not planning to clean the bottom side of my table saw when I’m in my 80’s if I make it that far. View attachment 94377
I could also see the box he made for catching sawdust was also a mess and needed to come out to clean adequately. I have a similar box in my Delta contractor saw and it’s perfectly legit it needs to be a tight fit to catch as much as possible but I couldn’t figure any way to get it out without flipping the saw on its side and I wasn’t sure the legs would hold up doing that. Could be there’s a Chinese puzzle trick to it that Dad designed in but I was too stupid to figure out. Quite possible since he was a lot smarter than I am. Could be he emptied it with a shop vac and never took it out. While pondering the Chinese puzzle possibilities I was reminded of my Rubik’s cube solution back in the day: messed with it about 10 minutes, rearranged the stickers to “solve” it, and never touched it again.
View attachment 94381
So… To heck with clever solutions. Say hello to my little friend. View attachment 94379 View attachment 94380
Yeah, I know. Never work under hydraulics. A broom has a long enough handle there was no need to be under there to clean it. And it was a lot better than rolling around on the floor cleaning off spider gunk.

Forked several other things around in the cleaning process today. Still don’t know how people survive without a forklift.
Looked GOOD........BEFORE cleaning!
I am 82!

• Haha

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Used the L3901DT to do a little driveway repair yesterday after an 1 1/2" of rain last week. Leaves filled up the pipe and the water ran down the drive. No pictures.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
With the help of the B, able to do some clean up and set the coup next to the greenhouse. I could not have done that by myself without the machine. (The dogs were less than helpful in tight quarters and hillside while trying to maneuver)

(As a side note on the greenhouse the B helped install this past spring, the greens have done better than expected through the winter)
Is that a kit coop, or did you build it from scratch. My granddaughter has been pestering me to get some chickens for the past 5 years, since a neighbor down the street got some. Kinda wish I'd done it with the price of eggs being what it is.

I like your little greenhouse too. It just ain't quite large enough for our raised bed planters. They're 1m x 9m, so take up a bit of space. That clear plastic panel you have on there looks like the expensive stuff, so it would probably cost me an arm and a leg to build one big enough.

I grew up on a farm, and HATED gardening when I was a kid. Pity I didn't learn more about it back then so I could grow better veggies than the supermarket has.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I bought the single axle dump trailer mostly because the local landfill allows three single axle loads per year at no charge. I've had an aluminum 10'x5' trailer for years, but unloading it by hand at the landfill in the summer months in particular isn't much fun. Dust, wasps, stench, big machinery close by, noise etc., ... all bad. A remote control in the cab to raise the trailer for a quick exit ... all good. (y)

It does work really well behind both tractors though and I like putting equipment to use so the more uses I can find for it the better. It wasn't crazy expensive. Around $7k I think. I'm not sure what kind of trip you have in mind, but it would be easy to blow through $7k on a trip to Australia in a week, what with flights, car rental, hotels, meals etc. I lived in Sydney for a year but that was back in the mid 80's and I'm sure it's a lot more expensive now.
The missus still has family down there, so we get to skip some of the expenses. But yeah, air fair, and some accommodation this time will likely push us north of $8K. The good part about being married to an Aussie is the quick entry without having to go through immigration. She has dual citizenship, so leaves on her American passport, enters Oz on her Aussie passport, and reverses the process coming back home.

I would likely use it a lot when I first got it, but still have that reservation about buying something that will have a limited usefulness. I don't have a big property, so once I get done with the cleanup, not sure what I'd do with it other than continually buying batteries for it. I have a mountain of deadfall and leaf mass to haul off already, and I'm only about half done with the cleanup efforts. I chip up most of my brush, but all the stumps and stuff that's too big for the chipper (and not usable for firewood) has to be hauled off. Unfortunately, I don't have a freebie at the landfill. $7/ton of bio-waste, $10/ton of construction/remodeling waste. Got some of both to get rid of this summer. We just started some of the inside remodeling this week because it's too wet to continue with the outside work. I'm thinking the tandem axel, but that might be a bit too much trailer. Then again, having a dump trailer that can double as a tractor hauler has it's perks too.

Reactions: 1 users

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
One advantage of snow plow verse snow blower.
Slush, snow, ice and strong wind. Driveway was littered with down branches. From twigs to 4 inch diameter widow makers. Would have eaten up a lot of shear pins.
Just pushed them along with the snow and will pick them up in the spring.

Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Finally had a worthy storm. The R14's amd 3310 worked well in wet, heavy packed snow.
View attachment 94510
Is that a snow pusher up front? Are you blowing snow out back? I'd love to have some snow like that rather than the 1/2" to 1" that we've been getting for the last few weeks. I really enjoy moving snow and it's been a few years since we've had a significant amount fall in a day here in the valley.

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
Slush, snow, ice and strong wind. Driveway was littered with down branches. From twigs to 4 inch diameter widow makers. Would have eaten up a lot of shear pins.
Just like when you mow a lawn or field or whatever…when you blow snow you should have been aware of what is there that could cause trouble.
Usually, in my experience, there is a telltale branch sticking up (or an obvious large branch) in your path. You just have to get off and move the debris…no way I would trade a tactor mounted snowblower for a bucket or blade after having all of the above. The blower far outweighs the others for MOVING SNOW. Period.

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; R4 tires; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
Yep!
Started out this morning with the Toro blower. Made it about a hundred feet before it clogged up with slush.
Got the BX2380 out and used the FEL bucket to finish. With the UHMW edge on the bucket, just tilted it a bit and it was like using a squeegee on the asphalt surface.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Went out and pushed slush from in front of the garage and barn. Darn blade keeps popping off the Pat’s quick hitch. Now that I have my implements on concrete and dollies, I’m gonna remove the Pats and go back to the standard 3pt. They work well in even ground but if you get that 3pt implement bouncing or flexing, it comes right out.

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
Have you guys with the plugged chute tried modding the impeller with the rubber belting like walk behind blower users? Supposedly makes a huge difference.

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
Have you guys with the plugged chute tried modding the impeller with the rubber belting like walk behind blower users? Supposedly makes a huge difference.
Never heard of that one! What does the “mod” entail If I may ask?
my first thought is bolting rubber to the impeller blades? Can’t really see how that would improve slush performance.

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; R4 tires; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
The only snow blowers I've ever seen with rubber edged impellers have been single stage ones. The 'big boys' - double stage - use a second impeller to throw the snow.

Last edited:

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
The only snow blowers I've ever seen with rubber edged impellers have been single stage ones. The 'big boys' - double stage - use a second impeller to throw the snow.
never owned a single stage blower (except for the SnoJoe I bought for the deck…) that has some type of rubber edge but again, never saw anything like this on a 2 stage.