What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Yesterday afternoon I used the M to drag an elk carcass up into the woods to feed the birds and beasts. I also moved a bunch of bark to the burn pile and got ready to cut up some downed trees that should burn well. The snow was over 2ft deep in places and no way that the MX would have made it the 1/2 mile or more I had to go. The M is a tank and had no trouble in some fairly deep snow and hilly terrain.

m6060_sled.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Yesterday afternoon I used the M to drag an elk carcass up into the woods to feed the birds and beasts. I also moved a bunch of bark to the burn pile and got ready to cut up some downed trees that should burn well. The snow was over 2ft deep in places and no way that the MX would have made it the 1/2 mile or more I had to go. The M is a tank and had no trouble in some fairly deep snow and hilly terrain.

View attachment 93693
Could you just put the carcass in the bucket? :unsure:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Could you just put the carcass in the bucket? :unsure:
It was in the sled since early November. I could have moved it to the bucket, but since the sled was already in a bit of a state I didn't want to have two things to clean. In addition, the idea was to bring wood back in the sled and the bucket, but I ran out of daylight.

Reactions: 1 user

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
When I built my carry-all I got a frame from TSC and put 8 60 lb cinder blocks on the floor and then put a piece of plywood over them. I still have over 3 feet of usable height in the box for other use.
Yeah, that's a pretty decent frame for a carry-all, and certainly has a lot of flexibility. A little grinder work, and you've got a half-decent 3PH fork lift, too. Not very adjustable, but it's designed to go under a standard pallet. I've been eyeballing one of those at TSC for a long time, but it's a bit overkill for what I need for load rating, because I don't carry anything very heavy. One disadvantage is that it's on the opposite end of the tractor from the loader meaning it can't be loaded with the loader. If it were QH compatible, I might consider it just for the convenience of not having to build a frame. Making it SSQA and QH compatible would make it a LOT more useful. I mainly want something to put light tools (axe, chainsaw, pole saw, shovel, hoe, fuel/oil cans) that I can just drop near where I'm working with the tractor when I get there. Without making two trips. I could also leave it behind the BB when I park it in the shed if I'm doing the same work the next day, or just lift the BB enough to not scrape the floor, and drive off without it. Sometimes, I'm just flattening out the mess I make while digging up undergrowth and stumps, and don't need the hand tools. Doesn't need to be heavy, just adequate for hand tools, and quickly attachable or removable without leaving the seat. I've got some sketches done. Just need some more measurements to figure out how much box beam and hardware I'm gonna need.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Yeah, that's a pretty decent frame for a carry-all, and certainly has a lot of flexibility. A little grinder work, and you've got a half-decent 3PH fork lift, too. Not very adjustable, but it's designed to go under a standard pallet. I've been eyeballing one of those at TSC for a long time, but it's a bit overkill for what I need for load rating, because I don't carry anything very heavy. One disadvantage is that it's on the opposite end of the tractor from the loader meaning it can't be loaded with the loader. If it were QH compatible, I might consider it just for the convenience of not having to build a frame. Making it SSQA and QH compatible would make it a LOT more useful. I mainly want something to put light tools (axe, chainsaw, pole saw, shovel, hoe, fuel/oil cans) that I can just drop near where I'm working with the tractor when I get there. Without making two trips. I could also leave it behind the BB when I park it in the shed if I'm doing the same work the next day, or just lift the BB enough to not scrape the floor, and drive off without it. Sometimes, I'm just flattening out the mess I make while digging up undergrowth and stumps, and don't need the hand tools. Doesn't need to be heavy, just adequate for hand tools, and quickly attachable or removable without leaving the seat. I've got some sketches done. Just need some more measurements to figure out how much box beam and hardware I'm gonna need.
If you make that, please post pics. That would be ideal for a lot of what I do. Just a light weight box that hooks to the boxblade so I’d still have the blade for counterweight and finish grading with a tool carrier that could be picked up at the shop and dropped at the worksite without a bunch of effort. Depending on the job, I might be running the bucket, forks, or grapple so making a carrier for the loader end of things isn’t ideal at all. The boxblade is more typically on the 3 point.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
It was in the sled since early November. I could have moved it to the bucket, but since the sled was already in a bit of a state I didn't want to have two things to clean. In addition, the idea was to bring wood back in the sled and the bucket, but I ran out of daylight.
(y)

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Dropped the wheel off at the local tire shop. Cleaned the rim and the bead and replaced the valve. Back on the B3200 holding air like a champ. Moved things over so I can get the B1700 mower deck off and to the welder while I pull the radiator and get that to a radiator shop.

trueg50

Equipment
B2601
Jul 1, 2020
Vermont
Mixed day for me on my Kubota. Went to go pull logs out of the woods and everything was going great. Got the chains on the first log and when i went to get on the tractor i saw everyones worst nightmare, a flat tire! Queue a 1/3rd mile walk back to the house for rope and bike pump. Fortunately it was the front so I could use the loader to lift the tire and was able to pump it up (no rope trick needed to seal the bead). It got me home and I added air.

Interestingly the tire that was flat was at about 12psi, and the other front tire was the same pressure. I brought both to the recommended 22psi for the R14's and will be keeping an eye on them to see if they hold air. I think (and hope) it was just low on air and irregular terrain broke the seal.
Post lifting the front with the loader:
20230109_103908.jpg

• Sad

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Did some firewood yesterday. Fell another blonded Ash tree, cut it in 60" logs and used the grapple to move them to the firewood area. I was a little surprised when I was able to pick 3 of the logs up at once. When I got off the tractor to get a picture, I was really surprised at the one log. Not sure what was keeping it on the grapple. Went about 1/4 of a mile in the woods with it.

13_27_06.jpg

Reactions: 10 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Did some firewood yesterday. Fell another blonded Ash tree, cut it in 60" logs and used the grapple to move them to the firewood area. I was a little surprised when I was able to pick 3 of the logs up at once. When I got off the tractor to get a picture, I was really surprised at the one log. Not sure what was keeping it on the grapple. Went about 1/4 of a mile in the woods with it.

View attachment 93710
That's definitely a mouthful👍

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
I have a decision to make. Do I burn this in the stove or put it in the pond (that is being cleaned out now) & catch crappie over it. What do you think?
D66224ED-FC8C-4D6B-AF46-EE2F87906A34.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users

Gary Olson

Equipment
L2501 w/FEL and grapple, 3pt auger
Mar 10, 2022
Mark Twain Forest
Cut down a couple of trees. The ground was still soft from the rain a couple days ago. Learned a new method for almost tipping the tractor over; and a couple new ways to get bogged down. Left half the trees for pulling out in the summer when the ground is dry and solid.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Cut down a couple of trees. The ground was still soft from the rain a couple days ago. Learned a new method for almost tipping the tractor over; and a couple new ways to get bogged down. Left half the trees for pulling out in the summer when the ground is dry and solid.
It's nice to learn a lesson and still keep it upright.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Got the little tractor ready for snow :giggle:

IMG_2783.jpeg

Not much snow here yet but I'm sure it's coming...

IMG_2780.jpeg

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio

View attachment 93693
Is that a Jet Sled? What size is the sled?

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL

View attachment 93710
As wood goes, Ash isn't real heavy or dense. Not to mention, it's SUPER easy to split. Seems sometimes all you have to do is say something mean to it. If that were green hickory or white oak, I'm not sure the LA525 would have lifted three logs that size. Those are about 250 pounds each, just guessing, if not a little lighter. Hickory would have been at least double that weight. This late in winter, most of the sap would be down in the roots on ash. You probably still had a little weight margin on that loader, depending on the weight of the grapple, but diameter got ya. That's definitely a mouthful. It is satisfying to move that much weight/material with a relatively small tractor in a single trip. I could get two of those with my little grapple, but it won't open wide enough for all 3. I don't need (nor want) to move that much firewood, so mine serves its purpose. What is that, the EA Wicked?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Is that a Jet Sled? What size is the sled?
It's an Otter branded sled sold by the local Murdoch's farm/supply store. I have a couple and this is the bigger one. They've proven to be very useful for firewood, and in the summer they cover up pieces of equipment such as the front hydraulic snow blade to keep the sun off.

Reactions: 2 users