What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
Moved some logs around. Broke 1200hrs on the meter today as well.

6CCC761D-BDCE-4D5B-843B-D3F925A5E6DF.jpeg

Reactions: 11 users

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
As wood goes, Ash isn't real heavy or dense. Not to mention, it's SUPER easy to split. Seems sometimes all you have to do is say something mean to it. If that were green hickory or white oak, I'm not sure the LA525 would have lifted three logs that size. Those are about 250 pounds each, just guessing, if not a little lighter. Hickory would have been at least double that weight. This late in winter, most of the sap would be down in the roots on ash. You probably still had a little weight margin on that loader, depending on the weight of the grapple, but diameter got ya. That's definitely a mouthful. It is satisfying to move that much weight/material with a relatively small tractor in a single trip. I could get two of those with my little grapple, but it won't open wide enough for all 3. I don't need (nor want) to move that much firewood, so mine serves its purpose. What is that, the EA Wicked?
No, the logs weren't really that heavy.

It is a Homestead 55″ Root Grapple Pinnacle Series and I think it weighs right at 300 pounds.

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Back to blowing and pushing snow around this morning with the MX. Running the engine at 2,200 rpm with the PTO engaged to drive the snow blower rather than 2,700 rpm is really making a difference with fuel consumption, a big difference.

Reactions: 2 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Beautiful day so I went out to check the tire on the B3200. Flat again and lots of bubbles around the rim. Took it off and will get it to the local tire store to have it dismounted, cleaned and sealed.
More concerning is the puddle of antifreeze under the B1700. Looks like a core leak in the right front corner. Plastic tanks on it as well. Called my local dealer and had to sit down. New rad is 2100.00. Gonna do some research and see what the aftermarket has. Bummed but I have time before the grass starts growing.
$2100?!?!? OMG!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I can get a new unit with brass tanks aftermarket for 800. I know I have to have some welding done on the mmm, no big deal there but in the back of my mind, what’s next. I think I will pull it and take it in to the local radiator shop to see if it is fixable and the cost. Coolant is only down a small bit and no active drips. I’ll get her back in the attached garage with my tools and pull it out.
I had a note I just found. Might check out "1800 Radiator" 877-819-1800 . They can build what you need and very reasonable priced and they ship.

Reactions: 1 users

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Now that I have the tire/rim issue resolved on the B3200 I have it parked back away from the door so I can drive the 1700 up to the garage to pull the radiator and get it to a local shop. If they can repair it we go that route, if not I’ll look in to these other options a bit more. Having it out will also let me measure and take pictures to help with either cross referencing or building a replacement. Thanks everyone for the tips.
On a side note I want to test that radiator fluid as well. I doubt it has ever been changed. Does anyone do a radiator fluid check and change as part of their. Maintenance schedule?

RBsingl

Equipment
Kubota F 2690 72" rear discharge deck, Deere 955
Jul 1, 2022
Central IL
It hit 52 degrees yesterday afternoon so the F2690 got a light break in mostly chopping up some leaves that hung around from last fall. It had .9 hours from dealer prep and delivery so I only put another .7 on it and then used the Stihl blower to clean everything up before it went back into its garage.

The treadle pedal is going to take some getting used to going between the F2690 and my Deere 955 compact utility.

Rodger
IMG_5364.jpg
IMG_5660.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

trueg50

Equipment
B2601
Jul 1, 2020
Vermont
It hit 52 degrees yesterday afternoon so the F2690 got a light break in mostly chopping up some leaves that hung around from last fall. It had .9 hours from dealer prep and delivery so I only put another .7 on it and then used the Stihl blower to clean everything up before it went back into its garage.

The treadle pedal is going to take some getting used to going between the F2690 and my Deere 955 compact utility.

Rodger View attachment 93870 View attachment 93871
That machine looks like a blast, I can't blame you for wanting to get right out and use it. Heck, if I had one I'd be using it to run down to get the mail at the mailbox everyday.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
That’s a great machine you got there. 🤤. If the snow is light and not too deep it would do a respectacle job to clear the drive. Laugh if you want but MMM on a small tractor do just fine with light snow.

RBsingl

Equipment
Jul 1, 2022
Central IL
That machine looks like a blast, I can't blame you for wanting to get right out and use it. Heck, if I had one I'd be using it to run down to get the mail at the mailbox everyday.
It is definitely going to be faster for mowing than my Deere 955 when Spring arrives AFTER I get fully used to the different handling and technique with the Kubota front mount. I expect the cut will be better since the deck will be ahead of heavy parts unlike my Deere 955 with midmount deck.

Rodger

RBsingl

Equipment
Jul 1, 2022
Central IL
That’s a great machine you got there. 🤤. If the snow is light and not too deep it would do a respectacle job to clear the drive. Laugh if you want but MMM on a small tractor do just fine with light snow.
The Deere 955 will keep its snow removal duties but now I won't have to pull the loader off of it for mowing which will be convenient! There are a few area where the Deere 955 may be the finish mower of choice with its wide wheel spacing to provide best stability but for most of my 5 acres the F2690 is going to be perfect.

Rodger
clean up time.JPG

touch up with loader and blade.JPG

Deere 955.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
The Deere 955 will keep its snow removal duties but now I won't have to pull the loader off of it for mowing which will be convenient! There are a few area where the Deere 955 may be the finish mower of choice with its wide wheel spacing to provide best stability but for most of my 5 acres the F2690 is going to be perfect.

Rodger View attachment 93895
View attachment 93896
View attachment 93897
I disagree. You will get uncomfortable, before that F mower thinks of lifting a wheel.

RBsingl

Equipment
Jul 1, 2022
Central IL
I disagree. You will get uncomfortable, before that F mower thinks of lifting a wheel.
Matt,
I should have explained better where the 955 will have the advantage. There is a fairly long area of a roadside ditch with an unusual slope that is best cut with the tractor straddling the ditch and the wheel spacing gives the Deere with midmount deck an advantage here. And now that I have the F2690 as the primary finish mowing tractor, I can set the 955 rear wheels to the wide position which will make it even better for that situation. In the past I have kept the rear wheels in the narrow position so that the 6' deck better covers the width of the tractor with a little margin.

I suspect the Deere will be doing at most 1% of the finish mowing now :) Even with just a few minutes to get used to the different controls and handling of the F2690, it is obviously going to be faster and more relaxing to use. That seat is amazingly comfortable also.

I am sure I will soon be looking at my Kubota F2690 purchase the same way I look at the diesel standby generator I installed a few years ago in that now I wonder why I didn't do it a LONG time ago.

Rodger

beelzebubba

Equipment
B26 TLB
Dec 20, 2022
Vast New England wilderness
Helped my sump pump contractor haul bags of concrete and sacks of gravel from his truck around to the bulkhead entrance to the basement. Beginning to get a feel for FEL balance and driving and saved his guys a ton of toil schlepping that stuff.

Reactions: 3 users

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Snowblowed 12-16" (depending on where on the property you were)_ of very heavy wet drifted (27-28") snow.
Out by the road the snow completely filled the blower. The snow was drifted up to and over the bumpers of both cars.

Broke a shear pin about 2 minutes before I was all done.
(always the way, right? 2 minutes in, or almost done...heh heh)
Pin did its job. I was snowblowing a wee bit too close to my rear blade which is parked on the corner of a parking lot and just barely clipped it. Pa-TING !~ I knew it as soon as it happened.

Shucks!

20230113_120438.jpg

Reactions: 6 users