What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Haven't had much in the way of snow for a week or more but I noticed some water at the bottom of the fuel/water separator on the MX so I drained it. The fuel additive I use is supposed to help separate water from the fuel, but regardless, the separator is doing its job.

mx6000_fuel_filter_1.jpg

mx6000_fuel_filter_2.jpg

mx6000_fuel_filter_3.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
the plastic kubota toolbox finally gave up the ghost. replaced with a 30 cal ammo can for a whopping $21 on amazon. I can't believe that Kubota wanted $87 for a replacement.

I know...bfd.
Check out your local Rural King for those cans. That is where I got mine for significantly less. The last time I stopped they had 50 cal cans for 16 and 30 cal for 10. The catch is they are surplus and you need to do a bit of cleaning and possibly some rust remediation.
I mounted the 30 on the back of my B3200 for tools and surplus hardware as well. My only gripe is that the hinge pins vibrate out. Keep an eye on that and drive them in a bit so you can deform that outside part of the hinge to keep them from walking out.
On a side note, I have the plastic box off the B1700 on a shelf. Removed it when I installed the suspension seat in 2021. What that really needs is a cup holder

Reactions: 1 user

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Where did you get the plug assembly for the charging? Got a part number? Also, did you wire it directly to the battery terminals, or through a fuse? I'd like to put a charge port on my BX2380.
This is what I put on my L series. I use a charger lead adapter to plug into it. That way it doubles as a power outlet for my phone and heated gear for cold weather.

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Reserved one of the 5 BH77 units my dealer has on order. Have enough projects for the next couple years to get my money's worth.

Reactions: 7 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
radas that's one of those things when you really need it there is no sub. I had one on my 1st 3 tractors and they were an awesome tool. gl with it!

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
radas that's one of those things when you really need it there is no sub. I had one on my 1st 3 tractors and they were an awesome tool. gl with it!
Agree! I was debating on buying a very small mini-ex and selling it later but they all end up being more expensive than the BH77 and without a warranty/KTAC coverage 😂 I watched a few videos on it and was hooked. Now I can dig footings, dig out old deck posts, excavate for piers/basement windows/etc... Very excited. I didn't want to deal with renting equipment because it's a pain in the ass to pickup/drop off and the Sunbelt rental close to me is a joke - all equipment rental calls are routed to a central dispatch that has no idea what equipment they have and compatibility besides the verbiage that I can read on the website. If I ever need a larger unit, my buddy has a 6-10T excavator at his disposal.

The CFO is not too thrilled, but then again, she's not too thrilled about any of my expenditures until she sees the finished results lol

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Beautiful day so I went out to check the tire on the B3200. Flat again and lots of bubbles around the rim. Took it off and will get it to the local tire store to have it dismounted, cleaned and sealed.
More concerning is the puddle of antifreeze under the B1700. Looks like a core leak in the right front corner. Plastic tanks on it as well. Called my local dealer and had to sit down. New rad is 2100.00. Gonna do some research and see what the aftermarket has. Bummed but I have time before the grass starts growing.

Attachments

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
For $2100 you could take your radiator to a radiator shop and have them gets the tanks that fit your hose diameter and location and have them build a radiator!!

Papadiver

Equipment
BX2380 FEL, MMM, 3rd Valve, Grapple
Feb 10, 2019
WV
3 or 4 years ago I took a tractor radiator to a shop and had it boiled out dipped and painted and one spot soldered. $40.00 out the door…. It was as new!

Ron

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
For $2100 you could take your radiator to a radiator shop and have them gets the tanks that fit your hose diameter and location and have them build a radiator!!
I can get a new unit with brass tanks aftermarket for 800. I know I have to have some welding done on the mmm, no big deal there but in the back of my mind, what’s next. I think I will pull it and take it in to the local radiator shop to see if it is fixable and the cost. Coolant is only down a small bit and no active drips. I’ll get her back in the attached garage with my tools and pull it out.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
3 or 4 years ago I took a tractor radiator to a shop and had it boiled out dipped and painted and one spot soldered. $40.00 out the door…. It was as new!

Ron
If the radiator has plastic tanks that is not a solution. Once the core and tank separate, they're done!

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Some time back I made a stump puller with a 4x4 post and some PT 2x4s that makes the chain pull up on the stump rather than sideways, better overcoming the theory that tree roots are designed to hold the tree from tipping over more so than just holding them down. After all, gravity works, right? I’d used some pretty pathetic c-channel with notches in the ends to keep the chain centered on top of the upside down Tee, which did pretty well until I got frisky with it and tried to pull up a 6-inch elm stump. Today, I replaced the cheap c-channel pieces with a crown I made with 3/8 x2 steel bar stock that has a good tight fit over the 4x4 and put the lag screws on the sides rather than front and back, and cut a notch 1.5 inches deep in the end of the 4x4 to allow the chain to go down into grab notches I put in the front and rear of the crown. Ran out of daylight and didn’t get try it out today, but it’s a lot beefier than the original design.

Next project is to build a carry-all box that will clip on the back of my BB1248 that I can carry my axe and saw so I don’t have a dangerous double bit axe waiting to cut me and will have plenty room for the saw oit and gas. I keep the BB on the back for ballast when using the stump bucket or grapple. A carry-all just wouldn’t be heavy enough.

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Some time back I made a stump puller with a 4x4 post and some PT 2x4s that makes the chain pull up on the stump rather than sideways, better overcoming the theory that tree roots are designed to hold the tree from tipping over more so than just holding them down. After all, gravity works, right? I’d used some pretty pathetic c-channel with notches in the ends to keep the chain centered on top of the upside down Tee, which did pretty well until I got frisky with it and tried to pull up a 6-inch elm stump. Today, I replaced the cheap c-channel pieces with a crown I made with 3/8 x2 steel bar stock that has a good tight fit over the 4x4 and put the lag screws on the sides rather than front and back, and cut a notch 1.5 inches deep in the end of the 4x4 to allow the chain to go down into grab notches I put in the front and rear of the crown. Ran out of daylight and didn’t get try it out today, but it’s a lot beefier than the original design.

Next project is to build a carry-all box that will clip on the back of my BB1248 that I can carry my axe and saw so I don’t have a dangerous double bit axe waiting to cut me and will have plenty room for the saw oit and gas. I keep the BB on the back for ballast when using the stump bucket or grapple. A carry-all just wouldn’t be heavy enough.
Pics of the stump puller!

Reactions: 1 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Pics of the stump puller!
I'll get 'em tomorrow, maybe. If I get back there pulling more stumps. Pretty soggy back there at the moment. Took nearly an hour to clean the hundreds of pounds of mud outta the tires before I put the LX in its bedroom. A low spot in my yard isn't low anymore.

DianneInVa

Equipment
B3301 front loader; backhoe;
Jul 31, 2013
Fosston , MN
Northern Minnesota. Opened up livestock gates with bucket. Moved snow. Put on bale spear and Haybale out to the livestock. Used the RTV just drive around and have fun. It was a good day to be outside.

Attachments

Reactions: 13 users

matt-m

Equipment
2022 B2601
Mar 17, 2022
Columbus, IN
Fabing up a multipurpose carry all-ish type frame. Basket will go on and off with a couple bolts. A flat platform will be next. Couple hangers on the frame uprights pending getting something sketched out.

20230108_164748.jpg

20230108_165111.jpg

Reactions: 10 users

RMS

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, RCR1260, PFL1242, LX2963, RB1684, WC-68 Chipper,Flail Mower
Sep 26, 2021
Buckfield Maine

When I built my carry-all I got a frame from TSC and put 8 60 lb cinder blocks on the floor and then put a piece of plywood over them. I still have over 3 feet of usable height in the box for other use.

RMS

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, RCR1260, PFL1242, LX2963, RB1684, WC-68 Chipper,Flail Mower
Sep 26, 2021
Buckfield Maine
When I built my carry-all I got a frame from TSC and put 8 60 lb cinder blocks on the floor and then put a piece of plywood over them. I still have over 3 feet of usable height in the box for other use.

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users