What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

MountainMeadows

Equipment
L2501, JD 655, Ford 841, JD 6x4 Gator, Gravely 432.
Jun 6, 2022
Poconos, PA
Retracted. That gives a little more grip when closing.
It’s made by LS Tractors. There’s a photo of it in this thread somewhere that shows the model number. Fairly light duty, but all I need is something to pick up deadfall, rotted leaf mass, and brush. I don’t plan to use it as a root rake. I do that with the scarifiers on the box blade. I may move a few small logs with it, but nothing of significant size. My LX is traction limited when pushing, and the grapple would probably bend if I get too rough with it. I wanted something for the lifting, and didn’t want to chew up all my loader capacity with the weight of the grapple It does what I need, though.
Thanks for the info. I'm curious because I'm new to owning an EA Wicked 55 grapple and after it's last use have it stored in the open position, face down, cylinders retracted, on a pallet just as it was shipped.

Why would storing the grapple open with the cylinders retracted create more pressure in the cylinders then storing it closed with the cylinders extended?

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
We took advantage of the warm weather and finished mowing waterways. The picture below is at the for west end of the waterway and it runs over to the tree line. We didn't get it mowed last year, weather never cooperated. So, it was in need of a good mowing. Of course I forgot to take a picture when the whole thing was mowed, but then again nothing exciting about a ditch.

Waterway.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I don't look back much I use the mirrors I have the lane marked well with reflective markers and I put a big display wireless camera to help see what's back there but like you my lane is only 1500ft so it don't take long and out at the road I use my front plow to open it up and push everything back. I like the MX a lot better than the skid steer I can see a lot better out of the MX cab.
I want to add a rear view mirror in the cab of the M. I find myself using the mirror in the MX cab a lot.

Reactions: 1 user

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
I want to add a rear view mirror in the cab of the M. I find myself using the mirror in the MX cab a lot.
I use my rear-view a lot for non-critical backing where I just want to be sure nothing is behind me or backing up long distances where I don't want to crane my neck around for that long.

But mostly to let me know when traffic is approaching from behind when mowing road frontage (with the traffic).

Mirror1.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; R4 tires; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
Did the 50 hour service on my BX2380 yesterday. Took about an hour - including several breaks to read the manual. Turned out to be easier than I'd anticipated.

Reactions: 3 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Not much. I’ve been set up for winter operations for quite a while, but have summer diesel (with winter additive) in the tractor.

Got winter diesel (I hope) last weekend. Topped off tractor and let it run for a while to mix fuels.

I’ve never gelled, but my neighbor has. Not a fun experience…..

CE91DE69-79D6-45DD-9186-933C1F0300E7.jpeg

dieselbob69

Equipment
Kubota BX2380 (previously a BX1870 and GR2100)...
Jan 2, 2022
WNY
Last week before the anticipated lake effect event, got my fel attachments placed on my newly built stone pad, filled up with powerservice treated diesel, swapped over to the R14T tires, and put the 5' Land Pride snow pusher on(have the poly scraper and back drag option on it). We only got just over a foot over 2 days here, but the snow pusher is nice option imo. Made clearing snow way faster than with the bucket. If snow gets too deep I do have a Honda HS1132 snowblower to help out. Still need to get my 3rd function installed:oops::oops::oops:...

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Get as big a display as you can stand in your cab it helps the skid steer came with a 7" display and it's really small but it does help a lot too.

Jsjac

Equipment
B2650
Feb 13, 2022
New Hampshire
We used the tractor to help put up the Christmas lights today.
I know that this is not OSHA approved, but it is much easier that a latter.
IMG_20221124_142948187_HDR.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
We used the tractor to help put up the Christmas lights today.
I know that this is not OSHA approved, but it is much easier that a latter. View attachment 91160
You know the safety police will be along shortly to inform you of all the OSHA regulations you violated! :LOL:

By the way, that's on my bucket list! :D

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Get as big a display as you can stand in your cab it helps the skid steer came with a 7" display and it's really small but it does help a lot too.
Do you mean a rear view camera and display? I need to get the camera hooked up on my truck first. Such a pain hooking up to trailers without a rear camera. I know, I know ... folks have done it for decades without a camera, but it's just so much easier when you can see the ball and receiver.

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
I set mousetraps baited with peanut butter beside it today.....does that count?
🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭🐭

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
A little waste line repair job today for the little Orange.

Here's the reaction I get when I show up with little Orange...meaning, no hand digging!

H4-GRE407-3.JPG

H4-GRE407-12.JPG

H4-GRE407-4.JPG

H4-GRE407-7.JPG

H4-GRE407-5.JPG

Done.
Gave him a "new" driveway as well.

H4-GRE407-9.JPG

Reactions: 4 users

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Do you mean a rear view camera and display? I need to get the camera hooked up on my truck first. Such a pain hooking up to trailers without a rear camera. I know, I know ... folks have done it for decades without a camera, but it's just so much easier when you can see the ball and receiver.

yes a good quality wireless camera and display in the cab. Also I understand the need for one in your vehicle after having them in the vehicles I could never go without them it's so much easier hooking up trailers.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Thanks for the info. I'm curious because I'm new to owning an EA Wicked 55 grapple and after it's last use have it stored in the open position, face down, cylinders retracted, on a pallet just as it was shipped.

Why would storing the grapple open with the cylinders retracted create more pressure in the cylinders then storing it closed with the cylinders extended?
Pressure on the gate in either direction is pressure on the opposite side of the cylinder. If it's wide open, and something's trying to open it more, it will apply pressure to the head end of the cylinder. If something's trying to close it (the weight of the gate) then the pressure will be on the rod end. Just loosen the JIC connection at the Tee, and you might lose a thimble full of fluid, teaspoon full at the max, to relieve the pressure enought to allow the poppet to be pressed in. Don't forget to tighten the JIC fitting back up, or you'll see that very quickly.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
A bunch of little jobs today but not a bunch of pics 😕. Moved a shelf and drawer unit to the unoccupied house where we’re making the shared use shop/storage area for the property. That was the last of the storage solutions for the shop so it’s time to finish the organizing project.

Also had this brand new safe with electronic lock that simply didn’t work. To the manufacturer’s credit, they quickly sent a new circuit board. That didn’t work, so they sent a new everything electronic except the relay that actuates the lock. Got that working today and moved it to the house where it will reside.

Also pulled up a couple of neglected, overgrown bushes, grappled them to the brush pile, and backfilled the holes.
7AF5A41B-0402-44F3-8611-2F8EFAD15ACD.jpeg
76CDB131-BCC9-458B-912F-D3A4E11F5740.jpeg

Last edited:

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Not much. I’ve been set up for winter operations for quite a while, but have summer diesel (with winter additive) in the tractor.

Got winter diesel (I hope) last weekend. Topped off tractor and let it run for a while to mix fuels.

I’ve never gelled, but my neighbor has. Not a fun experience…..

View attachment 91143
I was admiring your Harbor Freight Quick Hitch. If you want to see something that will make it much friendlier to use, have a look at THESE PHOTOS . I have an LX-2610SU, which is a much higher platform on a larger tractor, so getting on and off the tractor is a bit more work than your lil' fella. My HF Quick Hitch practically guides itself into place now. Getting rid of the sharp corners on those hooks made a huge difference. I have the telescoping and pinned stabilizers, too. That makes a huge difference too. Pull one hair-pin and one positioning pin on one side, and bingo, I can swing the arms like I want. No turnbuckles, no set up time. I marked which holes I need to use for Cat 0 and Cat 1 attachments so swapping between sizes is a blink.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Swapped the grapple for the snow pusher and put the blower on. Greased and lubed the blower and loader.

20221126_134017.jpg

Reactions: 5 users