What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Bri-Guy-GA

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
Sep 10, 2020
Villa Rica, GA
Got to use my new 3-point forks moving hay last night. So much easier than stacking them in the bucket and on the loader arms. Now to put some castors on a couple of pallets and they will just roll into the shed.

Reactions: 1 user

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
Yeah there's a lot of things back there that can be dangerous
Yeah like putting my backhoe on and off following the manual. I try to just slow down and pay attention, no distraction like talking to someone. I think that is all part of working safer.
I took a course back when I was a vol. firemen. It was about farm accidents and avoiding them. The instructor said you should never step over a connected PTO running or stopped. And then he stepped over the one showing us in the class without thinking. I called him out on it and he realized how easy it could be done when distracted.

I still like your remote handle and can see it's use. especially when hitching something up.

Bill

Fladogman

Feb 1, 2020
Crawfordville Fl
Yeah like putting my backhoe on and off following the manual. I try to just slow down and pay attention, no distraction like talking to someone. I think that is all part of working safer.
I took a course back when I was a vol. firemen. It was about farm accidents and avoiding them. The instructor said you should never step over a connected PTO running or stopped. And then he stepped over the one showing us in the class without thinking. I called him out on it and he realized how easy it could be done when distracted.

I still like your remote handle and can see it's use. especially when hitching something up.

Bill
Yep, farm medic course is an eye opener

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Spent about an hour 'un-sticking' my L2350.

I was mowing an area way back in the woods that I am going to plant (small food plot) for the deer.

Got a little too close to one soft spot. Tried to back out...but the front tires hogged out the mud in just a couple of revolutions and left me high centered on the front loader mount (cross member). Once that happens you might as well just stop.

Stuck02.jpg

With no good way to get another vehicle either in front of it or behind it....and not wanting to winch it out sideways....I had to resort to a 6,000 lb. hand operated puller. There was ONE small tree directly behind the tractor I could use as an anchor point.

The tractor (as equipped at the time) would weigh about 3500 lbs. but overcoming the resistance of the mud was going to give the puller (and me) all we wanted.

The puller has a handle about 3' long so you can get pretty good leverage on it. Even so...I had to really set back on it...to just get it to 'click' one time. Each 'click' would move the tractor about one inch! But at least it was moving. I had about 5 feet to go....to get it where it would drive out on its own.

Puller 1.jpg
Puller 2.jpg

Here I finally have the tractor out about half way.

Stuck01.jpg

And while I don't recommend pulling on attached implements to extract yourself, sometimes you have to do...what you have to do.

Stuck 3.jpg

And before anyone asks, NO..... no 'alcohol' was involved. Just plain old carelessness was good enough to cause this. Will be more observant of soil conditions next time.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
My new wildlife pond dig continues. I was able to get a couple hours in today. I figure I am about 25% completed. 6 hours total time so far. A small dozer would have had it completed in the six hours with spare change! :) I enjoy the process. This pond will be around 3500 square foot and will require a clay, sodium bentonite or geosynthetic clay liner.

This trail cam has started taking foggy pictures. Its a cheap Moultrie that has been in service now for about 5 years. Not too bad I guess considering the extremes in temps here in central Wisconsin.

The deer can not resist fresh turned soil. When I arrived today the pond dig looked like it was rototilled! I have a new camera going in beginning of the week.
MFDC0471.JPG

IMG_8118.JPG

Reactions: 6 users

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia

Bill
AVE said it best; Don’t stick you fingy where you wouldn’t stick your dingy.

DVR

Premium Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5400, L3560LE, L3301
May 8, 2020
Columbia, SC
Today I planted two food plots.
Used the L3560 and a perfecta 10 to turn them as deep as it would go, L3301 with spin spreader to spread the seed mix then L3560 and perfecta 10 set a little higher to turn in the seed.
Got one more to plant this weekend. Turned that one with the perfecta today. i'm going to disc it tomorrow with MX5400, then perfecta to smooth and bust clumps before seeding.
A one man 3 tractor operation

Reactions: 3 users

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
My new wildlife pond dig continues. I was able to get a couple hours in today. I figure I am about 25% completed. 6 hours total time so far. A small dozer would have had it completed in the six hours with spare change! :) I enjoy the process. This pond will be around 3500 square foot and will require a clay, sodium bentonite or geosynthetic clay liner.

This trail cam has started taking foggy pictures. Its a cheap Moultrie that has been in service now for about 5 years. Not too bad I guess considering the extremes in temps here in central Wisconsin.

The deer can not resist fresh turned soil. When I arrived today the pond dig looked like it was rototilled! I have a new camera going in beginning of the week.
View attachment 87245

View attachment 87246
Last year with my L2501 I re-dug a small pond near the house that was a mud hole for years. It is only about 40' across and 7' deep in the middle. I plan on going around it and tapering the banks back more but this year got put off because of hand surgeries for carpal tunnel.
It is about 60 yards from the house and we sit on the porch in the morning to eat our oatmeal and fruit weather permitting to my wife's standards (she gets cold quicker than I). So as we headed out there a month or so back she noticed what looked to her like a branch in there and spoke of it. I grabbed the binoculars to look and quickly see it was a fawn near the edge. I ran out there and the doe took off but pulled the exhausted fawn out. It was breathing but had been unable to get out on the steep area. Laid it on a towel and dried it off. Left it and watched from a distance but mom didn't come back so I worked to stimulate and dry it more. After 3 hrs it started to sit up, and at 4hrs got up and trotted off to find mom. Still see this pair, we have been calling it Floatina or Tina for short.

Bill

Reactions: 4 users

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
I think I posted the other day that I had installed the Summit 3rd function kit, but I didn't include any pictures. I 3D printed some spacer blocks to keep the hoses in line.
17_52_27.jpg
I also put two hose clamps on the loader arm.
17_52_03.jpg
Used the grapple for about an hour yesterday. So far I'm vary happy with it.

pigdoc

Equipment
G1800S L2500
Aug 19, 2022
SE Pennsylvania
Checked the 'killer bushing' in the front axle pivot of my G1800. Still moves easily, put in 10 pumps of grease. [See one of lugbolt's early postings where he describes his trials on his G1900 with this piece.]

Checked the recently rebuilt spindles in the RC54 deck. Put 15 pumps of grease in each one. All is well. Looks like that new belt has seated nicely, and seals are sealing. [Pulleys got quite hot during the break-in, probably mostly from the belt.]

Lowered front outer anti-scalp wheels on the RC54 deck one notch to even out the cut height front to rear. Now exactly 2.5" from the cutting edges to the concrete garage floor, all around.

Thinking about installing a female garden hose fitting in the deck shell so that, after mowing, I can simply hook up a garden hose, turn the water on, turn the mower on, and flush out the adhered clippings. Thinking of locating it at the back edge of the deck on the left side, aimed at the spindle housing.

Opinions?

-Paul

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
Checked the 'killer bushing' in the front axle pivot of my G1800. Still moves easily, put in 10 pumps of grease. [See one of lugbolt's early postings where he describes his trials on his G1900 with this piece.]

Checked the recently rebuilt spindles in the RC54 deck. Put 15 pumps of grease in each one. All is well. Looks like that new belt has seated nicely, and seals are sealing. [Pulleys got quite hot during the break-in, probably mostly from the belt.]

Lowered front outer anti-scalp wheels on the RC54 deck one notch to even out the cut height front to rear. Now exactly 2.5" from the cutting edges to the concrete garage floor, all around.

Thinking about installing a female garden hose fitting in the deck shell so that, after mowing, I can simply hook up a garden hose, turn the water on, turn the mower on, and flush out the adhered clippings. Thinking of locating it at the back edge of the deck on the left side, aimed at the spindle housing.

Opinions?

-Paul
Sounds good what you have done. One thing is most mowers recommend that the blades should be 1/2" lower in the front than the back so you are cutting with the tips and not creating drag with the blades. Don't know what your mower specifically calls for, just the rule of thumb I go by.

Bill

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Got diesel in a 5 gallon can. Used the white “winter” power service additive. I understand it’s summer blend fuel right now.

Brand new Stewart’s gas station in town. They only have the large-size diesel nozzle with high flow.

Not conducive to filling cans. Probably my last visit there for diesel. Bet many others will do the same. Not a wise choice IMHO, and the old store was where I always got fuel.

Lots of guys and gals feed their diesel equipment from cans here.

Last edited:

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Trying out a foam cannon

20220917_123513.jpg

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
A bit windy today but not bad at all.

20220917_124316.jpg

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Should have used the foam cannon in the shade so it doesn't dry on the paint. I found that it might loosen some of the grime, but I still have to use a brush or cloth to get the tractor clean. For that reason, I don't use my tractor because I don't want to get it dirty! :giggle:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Should have used the foam cannon in the shade so it doesn't dry on the paint. I found that it might loosen some of the grime, but I still have to use a brush or cloth to get the tractor clean. For that reason, I don't use my tractor because I don't want to get it dirty! :giggle:
No shade here until the sun sets. It isn't overly warm so the soap didn't dry.