What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I would get casters with cast iron wheels, as the plastic wheels invariably get flat spots making them a pain to move.
Maybe the cheap ones, but I've had no problems with phenolic resin casters being under heavy loads. They're very tough and very durable. But it looks like @radas has found some good casters that will no doubt give him years of excellent service.

Reactions: 1 user

Shekkie

Equipment
LX2610, Virnig 60" Grapple, WoodMaxx TM-86H, Woods 60" BB/72”RB
Feb 12, 2022
Grafton, Ohio
I bought a Woods RB72.50 rear blade today. It’s primary function will be for snow removal along with the loader. I thought about going for a legit front plow but just don’t think it’s necessary. This blade is a bit overkill for my plans but that’s how I roll. 😬

C03D1439-2535-4E15-ABD4-EA65A1F3D7DE.jpeg

I pick it up tomorrow along with a new deck belt for my Scag Turf Tiger which I snapped today. 😡

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Maybe the cheap ones, but I've had no problems with phenolic resin casters being under heavy loads. They're very tough and very durable. But it looks like @radas has found some good casters that will no doubt give him years of excellent service.
Yeah phenolic resin is tough, some brake caliper mfg. use that material for pistons as well - much more demanding of an application and they hold up well. I'm sure the composition of the resin for casters may be different, but phenolic casters are just as if not more expensive than polyurethane ones are and good casters don't come cheap 😭

Reactions: 1 users

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
I bought a Woods RB72.50 rear blade today. It’s primary function will be for snow removal along with the loader. I thought about going for a legit front plow but just don’t think it’s necessary. This blade is a bit overkill for my plans but that’s how I roll. 😬

View attachment 85004

I pick it up tomorrow along with a new deck belt for my Scag Turf Tiger which I snapped today. 😡
That's a beaut! I am a fan of Woods implements. More so than EA as their products seem on-par price wise and heavier duty (no offense to any EA fans).

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada

View attachment 85004

Better to get a better one, than to fix a lighter one after you hook it on a tree root. You can never go wrong with quality.

Reactions: 3 users

Chinook3

Equipment
BX2380,FEL344S,LP forks,BX2816snowb50,mmm60, log arch, Wicked 55 grapple
Nov 13, 2020
Michigan
Headed out shortly to clean up storm damage. We had a huge oak fall across our road while I was up north. A truck at 3a.m. Plowed into it and totaled the truck. It Took the county 3 days to push it to the ditch. I don’t think anyone was hurt from what I was told. So this morning its the Kubota for the cleanup. I plan to cut up in chunks and use the grapple to haul large pieces to a clearing to saw for fire wood when it gets colder. It’s going to be a fun morning. Saws are gassed and sharpened and ready to work. It’s going to be a fun day!!!!!!!

Reactions: 5 users

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Headed out shortly to clean up storm damage. We had a huge oak fall across our road while I was up north. A truck at 3a.m. Plowed into it and totaled the truck. It Took the county 3 days to push it to the ditch. I don’t think anyone was hurt from what I was told. So this morning its the Kubota for the cleanup. I plan to cut up in chunks and use the grapple to haul large pieces to a clearing to saw for fire wood when it gets colder. It’s going to be a fun morning. Saws are gassed and sharpened and ready to work. It’s going to be a fun day!!!!!!!
Thank you for being a good neighbor.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
As one of the last parts of my landscaping project I had 8 yards of 3/4 marble chips delivered. I wanted to spread them in the beds in front of the house.
The 1st few loads I used the L3800 to bring full buckets there. Unfortunately that meant crossing my new front lawn several times. I did not like the look of what the nearly 4000lb machine was doing to it.

So I opted to get a 1200lb rated yard dumping wagon. Used the fel to load it up and then pulled it to the beds by hand:
20220715_105331_resized.jpg

When the front was finished I decided to make a small bed to protect my survivor Azalea plant. The poor bastard has been pulled out of the ground twice (once to remediate the oil tank near it and again when the electrical wires had to be dug up). It has also been hit by my former snow plower (2x) and more recently run partially over by the oil delivery truck.
20220809_113153_resized.jpg

Not much left of it but I don't have the heart to pull it out. So decided to 'protect it' from further abuse. First find a protector:
20220809_120444_resized.jpg

And put it on guard duty
20220809_123614_resized.jpg

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 16 users

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
As one of the last parts of my landscaping project I had 8 yards of 3/4 marble chips delivered. I wanted to spread them in the beds in front of the house.
The 1st few loads I used the L3800 to bring full buckets there. Unfortunately that meant crossing my new front lawn several times. I did not like the look of what the nearly 4000lb machine was doing to it.

So I opted to get a 1200lb rated yard dumping wagon. Used the fel to load it up and then pulled it to the beds by hand:
View attachment 85047

When the front was finished I decided to make a small bed to protect my survivor Azalea plant. The poor bastard has been pulled out of the ground twice (once to remediate the oil tank near it and again when the electrical wires had to be dug up). It has also been hit by my former snow plower (2x) and more recently run partially over by the oil delivery truck.
View attachment 85048

Not much left of it but I don't have the heart to pull it out. So decided to 'protect it' from further abuse. First find a protector:
View attachment 85049

And put it on guard duty
View attachment 85050
Didn't know they sold marble chips. I've seen granite but never marble. Looks good!

I figured out a bulletproof way to hang my hydraulic top link. Used two eye nuts and a threaded rod through the top link factory mount. Also extended and used the factory toolbox bolt holes and some eye nuts to run chain from the top link to the light bar. Right now, I'm running straps in place of chain until I can get some larger threaded chain links to show up.

PXL_20220809_164846657.jpg
PXL_20220809_164851780.jpg

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
quick yard "cleanup" post excavation to ditch some boulders. Excavation work was done by another who didn't show up in the am for the "clean up". About 96 degrees too.

Kubota engine kept cutting out on me after approx 2 mins of run time. Once when I had the "boulder" on the right in the bucket. :mad: Drained the fuel bowl three times to get it to run as usual. Must have been some water in the fuel.

debris.JPG

hard to tell from pics, but it was quite messy and the large bolder/concrete debris on the left was approx 7 foot long. I was able to bucket the other junk to the customers stream bank, but that biggie I had to lift with the loader to get a chain around it. I was then able to lift the front of it by chaining it to the box blade and drag it to its final resting place. I needed a plumber to sit in the loader bucket to keep my front wheels on the ground. Split brakes used as well.

Then a couple of passes with the box blade to smooth things out just a bit. maybe I'll get the call from them to come back and finish grade/reseed.

rough grade 1.JPG

rough grade 2.JPG

Reactions: 8 users

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
quick yard "cleanup" post excavation to ditch some boulders. Excavation work was done by another who didn't show up in the am for the "clean up". About 96 degrees too.

Kubota engine kept cutting out on me after approx 2 mins of run time. Once when I had the "boulder" on the right in the bucket. :mad: Drained the fuel bowl three times to get it to run as usual. Must have been some water in the fuel.

View attachment 85108

hard to tell from pics, but it was quite messy and the large bolder/concrete debris on the left was approx 7 foot long. I was able to bucket the other junk to the customers stream bank, but that biggie I had to lift with the loader to get a chain around it. I was then able to lift the front of it by chaining it to the box blade and drag it to its final resting place. I needed a plumber to sit in the loader bucket to keep my front wheels on the ground. Split brakes used as well.

Then a couple of passes with the box blade to smooth things out just a bit. maybe I'll get the call from them to come back and finish grade/reseed.

View attachment 85110

View attachment 85111
Beautifully done.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Didn't know they sold marble chips. I've seen granite but never marble. Looks good!

I figured out a bulletproof way to hang my hydraulic top link. Used two eye nuts and a threaded rod through the top link factory mount. Also extended and used the factory toolbox bolt holes and some eye nuts to run chain from the top link to the light bar. Right now, I'm running straps in place of chain until I can get some larger threaded chain links to show up.

View attachment 85051 View attachment 85052
I know various models have various setups so mine is probably different from yours. My tractor came with a wire hook to hang the toplink when not in use. When the dealer installed the hydraulic toplink they put a big zip tie on it to provide a way to hang the toplink in the too small for a hydraulic toplink wire hook. Seemed kind of crappy but it worked until I snagged the zip tie on something and ripped it off. Next time I needed it, it was missing and I didn’t really have a bunch of time for something creative so I used the Channelock’s in the tractor box to bend the wire hook out so it would fit the hydraulic toplink. Now it works just like it did with the standard toplink. Not sure why the dealer didn’t do that to begin with.

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
I know various models have various setups so mine is probably different from yours. My tractor came with a wire hook to hang the toplink when not in use. When the dealer installed the hydraulic toplink they put a big zip tie on it to provide a way to hang the toplink in the too small for a hydraulic toplink wire hook. Seemed kind of crappy but it worked until I snagged the zip tie on something and ripped it off. Next time I needed it, it was missing and I didn’t really have a bunch of time for something creative so I used the Channelock’s in the tractor box to bend the wire hook out so it would fit the hydraulic toplink. Now it works just like it did with the standard toplink. Not sure why the dealer didn’t do that to begin with.
Yeah my factory link to hook connection was horrible. It would pop right off every time I hit a bump. Your solution is what I thought about doing before I got the hydro top link 😁

I played around with the BB in the woods I cleared tonight. It was in rough shape and I smoothed it out quite a bit but I'm not 100% happy with it. I need more practice for sure! I also uncovered a bunch of debris that I need to move and burn but now I can get the ZTR in there to mulch leaves and keep vegetation down.

PXL_20220811_002432380.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
One of the nice things about having two tractors is that one can be set up with the grapple and the other in quick change mode between pallet forks and bucket. It was the MX's turn this morning to lift the latest acquisition off the trailer.

I started out with the M, grapple and a chain, but as I began to lift the plow off the trailer it occurred to me that there wasn't much to prevent the plow from flipping over (rotating) and smashing the tractor. I stopped what I was doing, got the MX and pallet forks and it went as smooth as can be.

mx_plow.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
One of the nice things about having two tractors is that one can be set up with the grapple and the other in quick change mode between pallet forks and bucket. It was the MX's turn this morning to lift the latest acquisition off the trailer.

I started out with the M, grapple and a chain, but as I began to lift the plow off the trailer it occurred to me that there wasn't much to prevent the plow from flipping over (rotating) and smashing the tractor. I stopped what I was doing, got the MX and pallet forks and it went as smooth as can be.

View attachment 85128
Man, that is a hell of a machine...

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Man, that is a hell of a machine...
The MX is a really good tractor ... no regrets at all with the cab model.

SadFace

Equipment
B2650, loader, backhoe, scrapper, finish mower, post hole digger
May 16, 2018
Michigan
B2650, chasing a OPC fuse issue. Keeps blowing when the tractor is under load. All the safety switches tested good...I don't think its the wiring hardness. I keep my tractor clean and in good condition.

Last edited:
  • Wow

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I got hoses made up at the local Kubota dealership for the "new" John Deere three bottom turnover plow. While I was there I picked up the front weight bracket with bolt bar kit for the M6060 so that I have the option to add suitcase weights this fall if needed. The bracket is a beast and one heck of a deal for $156. It had been laying around for quite a while and turned up during a recent new owner inventory check. It's made out of 3/4" plate and is one heavy chunk of steel. I can't find much information on the M1875 kit but I don't think it's equivalent to the M8075 bracket that comes with the M6060 when you order front weights from the factory.

If anyone has any Kubota suitcase weights that would fit this bracket I'd really appreciate a photo and some measurements. Never mind. The EA kit tells me what I need to know. I hadn't realized that the bolt on piece of HD angle passes through each weight to keep them secure. Looks like the bracket will accept 7 of these.

bracket_1.jpg

bracket_2.jpg

bracket_3.jpg

bracket_4.jpg

Last edited: